• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diamond Shipping List for April 15th, 2009

What? That I consider staying on a book about 2 years before ditching it a "quick" thing? Dude, how long did I stay on NEW AVENGERS or the Ultimate books? Compared to that, MOON KNIGHT was quick. :o
Oh, Dread, Dread, Dread. :csad:

Oh, Dread, Dread, Dread. :csad:

In my defense, I did research and recalled that my last issue of MOON KNIGHT was issue #19 or #20, the end of the Knowles storyline. So technically it took a little over a year and a half to leave that book. Yeah, compared to NEW AVENGERS or the Ultimate books, that's quick.

Like you've ditched FLASH all of a sudden. :p

If anything, the move to more $4 books has encouraged me to not stay on books I don't like anymore. It was barely sustainable at $3 a book. Rather than pity my rabid past, these days I still sort of become stunned at only buying the books I genuinely enjoy and not "dreading", pun intended, at least one book on my pull list. At this point the only ongoing title I buy that I genuinely don't like much is THE END LEAGUE, and that's a Dark Horse book. I only bought issue #7 because it was a slow week (like 2 comics). If issue #8 comes on a week where I am getting like 4-8 comics, forget it. In terms of Marvel, my "least favorite" ongoing that I get is GHOST RIDER, and even that is usually perpetually good under Jason Aaron, and I'm sticking with him/it, "hiatus" and all. I just don't like GHOST RIDER as much as I like, say, the DnA space books, or CAPTAIN AMERICA, INCREDIBLE HERCULES, AGENTS OF ATLAS, INVINCIBLE, etc.

What "all of a sudden"? I ditched Flash: The Fastest Man Alive 2 issues in, the moment I realized the writers didn't have a f***ing clue what they were doing, and according to everyone who kept reading, it was the right call. Guggenheim improved it so I jumped back on, and then Waid came back on with Wally and, unlike the majority, I actually didn't think Waid's run was bad. It didn't reach the heights of his earlier run on the Flash, but it wasn't a horrible story.

I'm thinking about dropping Flash: Rebirth, weighing the fact that it's a huge game-changer for the Flash vs. the fact that the first issue was mediocre as hell. I haven't come to a decision on that one yet.

DARK HORSE COMICS

CONAN THE CIMMERIAN #10 $2.99
STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS #5 (OF 6) $2.99

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #876 $2.99
DMZ #41 (MR) $2.99
GREEN ARROW BLACK CANARY #19 $2.99
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #35 $2.99
MYSTERIUS THE UNFATHOMABLE #4 (OF 6) $2.99
ORACLE #2 (OF 3) $2.99 - (Finally read the first few books in the Cowl series of books...Man, are they pretty awful! The Batman books are seriously going downhill fast. At least Batman Chronicles is still good, and the Steve Niles Maxi Series has also been enjoyable.)
REBELS #3 $2.99
TRINITY #46 $2.99
VIGILANTE #5 $2.99
WORLD OF WARCRAFT #18 $2.99 - (I've gotta tell my comic shop to take this title off my list. I keep forgetting.)

IMAGE COMICS

FRANK FRAZETTAS NEANDERTHAL FOTOS CVR B (ONE-SHOT) $3.99
WALKING DEAD #60 (MR) $2.99

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #591 $2.99
CAPTAIN AMERICA #49 $2.99
DARK TOWER SORCERER #1 $3.99
ENDERS SHADOW BATTLE SCHOOL #4 (OF 5) $3.99 - (The two Enders books are pretty dang good!)
ESSENTIAL DAZZLER TP VOL 02 $19.99
HALO UPRISING #4 (OF 4) (MR) $3.99
INCOGNITO #3 (MR) $3.50
LORDS OF AVALON KNIGHTS OF DARKNESS #5 (OF 6) $3.99
MARVEL ADVENTURES SUPER HEROES #10 $2.99
MARVEL TRIPLE ACTION #1 $5.99 - (If it's just a reprint book, I won't bother.)
MOON KNIGHT #29 $2.99
PUNISHER #4 DKR $2.99
RAMPAGING WOLVERINE #1 $3.99
SI AFTERMATH BETA RAY BILL GREEN OF EDEN #1 $3.99
SQUADRON SUPREME 2 #10 $2.99
STAND AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #2 (OF 5) $3.99
SUB-MARINER COMICS 70TH ANNIV SPECIAL #1 $3.99
UNCANNY X-MEN #508 $2.99
WOLVERINE NOIR #1 (OF 4) $3.99
X-FACTOR #42 $2.99
X-MEN LEGACY #223 $2.99

COMICS

I AM LEGION #3 (OF 6) $3.50
MAN WITH NO NAME #9 $3.50
SUPER-ZOMBIES #2 $3.50 - (First issue wasn't very good. I doubt I'll pick up this second issue.)
ZORRO #12 $3.50

Or hardcover, so I hear. Still, the only problem with WALKING DEAD is it's a zombie story, and I usually can barely stand zombie genre stuff for an occasional movie or two, not investing $75+ on HC's. The zombie horror genre has never been one I have been especially fond of. I don't hate it, but feel it has been overdone and it doesn't get me juiced. I probably like demonic/monster stuff more.

I'm not that into Zombie stuff either (and I'm from Pittsburgh, from God's sake, even saw George Romero driving around once when I was having some coffee). But I have to at least attempt at getting you to try the first trade. It's good solid story-telling, with Zombies as the back-drop. I'm not even say to buy it. Surely there must be a library there in the Big Apple that you can check it out for free.....

What "all of a sudden"? I ditched Flash: The Fastest Man Alive 2 issues in, the moment I realized the writers didn't have a f***ing clue what they were doing, and according to everyone who kept reading, it was the right call. Guggenheim improved it so I jumped back on, and then Waid came back on with Wally and, unlike the majority, I actually didn't think Waid's run was bad. It didn't reach the heights of his earlier run on the Flash, but it wasn't a horrible story.

I'm thinking about dropping Flash: Rebirth, weighing the fact that it's a huge game-changer for the Flash vs. the fact that the first issue was mediocre as hell. I haven't come to a decision on that one yet.

You keep going back to FLASH even though you hate the direction and whatnot. It's at least as valid as waiting about a year and a half to leave MOON KNIGHT, which I didn't grow apathetic towards 2 issues in. It took about a year.

Anyway, no need to get all haughty with me about it. The point is I at least left the book. :o

I'm not that into Zombie stuff either (and I'm from Pittsburgh, from God's sake, even saw George Romero driving around once when I was having some coffee). But I have to at least attempt at getting you to try the first trade. It's good solid story-telling, with Zombies as the back-drop. I'm not even say to buy it. Surely there must be a library there in the Big Apple that you can check it out for free.....

Fair enough. My nearest library doesn't have it, but if I happen upon it, I may give it a shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"