Dick Grayson Casting Thread

Tg11: Yes he is. I am convinced.

But there are many missed opportunities with Warner Bros and their superhero stuff, so many over the years.
They need to speed up so that actors don't grow too old for certain roles. The Robin actor should be younger than 20 when first playing the role so they can do sequels too.
Is Robin going to be in the reboot or do we have to wait until the second film? Then we have to look at really young actors already now. I mean really young.
Oakes Fegley and Jacob Tremblay… I think they are the youngest of the bunch.
Both of them could be close to 20 before actually playing Robin for the first time.

Well....you guys have managed to get my attention to this thread.....some of you will not find that that is a good thing.

I want this thread back on line.

You will do serious discussion of who should play Dick Grayson.

If you make a smart aleck post because you think you are funny....you will get a few days off to work on your sense of humor.

We are tired of this crap.

Thank you, C Lee :)

In the last few pages, Finn Wolfhard, Noah Schnapp, Jaeden Martell, Levi Miller, Noah Jupe etc were mentioned. Maybe we can talk about which ones among them that should, or shouldn't, be Robin.

I find it hard to pick someone out from the gang. Maybe Finn is the weakest candidate for Robin, character wise? Not saying he's a bad actor.

Last edited:
I’m watching Hotel Del Luna at the moment and Yeo Jin Goo is the only actor I’ve ever seen with Dick Grayson hair that actually looked good on screen

Yes Levi seems to be athletic. I didn't know he was into climbing and stuff. It should make him a real candidate for Robin.
But we won't get a New Tom Holland Spider-Man scenario here.
While I can give an award to Marvel for casting the more obvious actors for the MCU roles… Warner Bros on the other hand tend to cast "against character" for DCU.
Don't understand the choice of Pattinson. And Farrell as Penguin/Serkis as Alfred comes off as even more mismatched.

But let's stick to discuss Robin here. :)

Their castings tend to be a little more interesting as a result, regardless of outcome. MCU castings never come off as very bold or inspired imo.

Their castings tend to be a little more interesting as a result, regardless of outcome. MCU castings never come off as very bold or inspired imo.
Since the start of DCU, Warner Bros haven't brought us a Chris Evans or Downey jr, or several of the others. That says something.
Only Gal Gadot can come close in comparison. The other actor choices don't reach that level.
And she was good luck on WBs part, nothing more. They had very little clue it would turn out that good.

With MCU however, they strike gold with every new leading actor they cast. It could be because they actually know what they do.

Casting against character just to have it interesting, and the studio itself not being sure of the outcome, is nothing more than a little risky game they want to play.

Since the start of DCU, Warner Bros haven't brought us a Chris Evans or Downey jr, or several of the others. That says something.
Only Gal Gadot can come close in comparison. The other actor choices don't reach that level.
And she was good luck on WBs part, nothing more. They had very little clue it would turn out that good.

With MCU however, they strike gold with every new leading actor they cast. It could be because they actually know what they do.

Casting against character just to have it interesting, and the studio itself not being sure of the outcome, is nothing more than a little risky game they want to play.
To tie this to Robin, is Levi Miller with his acrobatic skills an obvious contender for the character?
Would you say giving him the role him isn't "interestic casting"?
No matter the outcome, interesting casting is better than obvious casting??

We can compare Levi Miller With Tom Holland's skills as well. Was his Spider-Man an uninteresting casting?

To tie this to Robin, is Levi Miller with his acrobatic skills an obvious contender for the character?
Would you say giving him the role him isn't "interestic casting"?
No matter the outcome, interesting casting is better than obvious casting??

We can compare Levi Miller With Tom Holland's skills as well. Was his Spider-Man an uninteresting casting?
Whether it's writing, directing and/or performance, I haven't had a preference for Holland's version.

Rhys Matthew Bond as Robin
280full.jpg

Whether it's writing, directing and/or performance, I haven't had a preference for Holland's version.
But were you one of all these people that praised the casting choice beforehand?

That Rhys Matthew guy you suggested, I've never heard about him.

Last edited:
But were you one of all these people that praised the casting choice beforehand?

That Rhys Matthew guy you suggested, I've have never heard about him.
I'm not sure if I really strongly remember how I felt.

It's easy to say that whole bit about Gadot now.
I could say the same thing about Marvel with any of their castings after the fact. That doesn't mean anything.

And I did say regardless of outcome. Their castings are more interesting imo. ****, The Batman cast alone is more interesting than majority of MCU castings. I'm not saying they cast poorly. It just doesn't pounce off the page in an exciting manner for me. Benedict as Strange was probably what I was most interested in and he was as okay as their performances tend to be.

It's rarely the actors that I have problems with when it comes to the MCU. They can only do so much with the very meh writing and directing that goes on over there.

I could say the same thing about Marvel with any of their castings after the fact. That doesn't mean anything.

And I did say regardless of outcome. Their castings are more interesting imo.
I begin with bold line 1.
If MCU never fails with their casting choices, it must be a pattern. It's more than 20 films and acting wise it's always top notch.

Second bold line then.
Ok, regardless of outcome it's more interesting, I get your opinion. But I have to bring up the worst DCU casting choice of them all. It's Eisenberg as Lex which is an extremely poor choice of actor. Strange that neither Warner or Snyder saw this during production. Looking at BvS, it's evident that he was miscast and horrible wrong for the character. Still they didn't replace him but just went with that horrible version of Lex.
Other big productions in the past have replaced one of the leading actors because he wasn't right (BTTF, LOTR). So why not BvS?
Most people agree on Eisenberg's Lex being bad.

To be honest, I rather have the right actor than an interesting one. Because the right actor is the right one, that says itself.
Casting the right actor can be seen as uninspired beforehand. But once the film is out it won't be a bad choice because the actor is the right one.
It won't be boring either. Having the right actor play a certain character means he's the right to portray him. It's logical.
If it was boring to watch, he wouldn't be the right one. The right actor for a character always excels as that character. He embodies the character and really deliver acting wise.
What can be said against the actor and his performance, is that the character itself is boring. Not only in the film, but the character as written in books or comic books.

I knew when Eisenberg was cast it wouldn’t be right or even interesting. That he was better suited for a super nerdy, annoying Edward Nygma. It was obvious that Snyder wanted to change the character to fit the actor.

shauner111: I knew it too.

One should never adjust a character to suit the actor.

A character can be changed, yes, but not with any actor in mind. Meaning they should start looking for actors AFTER the character has been changed.

Seems to me like this Batman will still be a bit too young to have Robin.

Imagine the headline: "Robert Pattinson as Batman, Noah Jupe/Schnapp as Robin"

"Noah Actor to star as The Batman's Robin"

I dunno, I always pictured Batman going the first decade of his career solo. I wouldn't really have a problem with a Grayson cameo, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"