World Did anyone else say Spiderman - The New Animated Series?

It can't be canon, because it has things like MJ going to college with Peter and that clearly doesn't happen in the films. Also, it has the Lizard and Connors appears as normal in SM2 & SM3.

Sorry, I think I misspoke (mistyped?). I meant to say "it wasn't intended to be canon". LOL, I know it's not actually canon to the Raimi movies.

Ah man, I loved this show!

The animation was iffy at times, like the writing... but it was a lot of fun. Loved the voice for Spidey, NPH was perfect. I also loved their version of Electro and Kraven.

Was it supposed to be set between SM1 and SM2? It's not canon... right, just loosely inspired?

It's not supposed to be canon. But the continuity is very similar and it came out between SM1 and SM2. The producers knowingly changed the direction of the show to match what was going on in the 2002 Raimi film due to its success. They obviously made some changes by having MJ in college with Peter but many ideas still line up.

The only villains that appeared that were actually from the comics were Kingpin, Lizard, Electro, Kraven and Silver Sable.

Interesting they used Lizard when Connors was going to appear in SM-2. Some early drafts of the SM-2 script even had Connors become the Lizard in it.

It's not supposed to be canon. But the continuity is very similar and it came out between SM1 and SM2. The producers knowingly changed the direction of the show to match what was going on in the 2002 Raimi film due to its success. They obviously made some changes by having MJ in college with Peter but many ideas still line up.

Yeah, I think it was supposed to be a loose continuation of Raimi's SM1.

Interesting they used Lizard when Connors was going to appear in SM-2. Some early drafts of the SM-2 script even had Connors become the Lizard in it.

Yeah, that's true. Is it just me or does that version of Dr. Connors seem very similar to the one we get in TASM1? He has no wife or family and came off as unsympathetic.

Then this show's version of Electro/Max Dillon seems to have inspired the one we see in TASM2. He is blue, can float, he's an outcast, and is obsessive.

I would love to do a Spider-Man animated series of all the comic book issues. That would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would love to do a Spider-Man animated series of all the comic book issues. That would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
It would be cool if we got an animated version of the comic books. The closest we'll ever get to that I suppose is TSSM.

Yeah, that's true. Is it just me or does that version of Dr. Connors seem very similar to the one we get in TASM1? He has no wife or family and came off as unsympathetic.

Then this show's version of Electro/Max Dillon seems to have inspired the one we see in TASM2. He is blue, can float, he's an outcast, and is obsessive.

Not having seen the show I can't comment, but it sounds accurate to the TASM versions.

Not having seen the show I can't comment, but it sounds accurate to the TASM versions.
I think you can see the episodes on YouTube. Funny how Sony seems to be using their own animated creations as source material for their movies as opposed to the comic books.

Thanks. Although the show sounds totally unappealing, I may check out an episode or two, just to say I at least gave it a fair shot.

Thanks. Although the show sounds totally unappealing, I may check out an episode or two, just to say I at least gave it a fair shot.
The show has some fairly decent episodes but it never lasted long enough for me to say whether I definitely like or dislike it. I think it had room for growth but what's done is done.

I assume it only lasted a season.

I assume it only lasted a season.
Your assumption is correct. I believe there are only 13 episodes that consist of 1 season. For some reason it was broadcast in the wrong order and it got everyone a little confused. You have to look at the DVD if you want to know which episodes are in the correct order. lol

Your assumption is correct. I believe there are only 13 episodes that consist of 1 season. For some reason it was broadcast in the wrong order and it got everyone a little confused. You have to look at the DVD if you want to know which episodes are in the correct order. lol

I'll Wikipedia it rather than buy the DVD :oldrazz:

I thought the 60s, 80s, 90s versions, and Spectacular were all clearly better shows.

When you say the 80's shows are better, that says a lot. Is it better than Spider-Man Unlimited?

Most fans would agree the SSM and 90's shows are the top two.

Yeah, IIRC the episode where Max Dillon became Electro aired as the 2nd or 3rd episode. However Dillon(pre Electro) makes an appearance in the episode with that crazy girl that was obsessed with Peter. Which aired as the 6th or 7th episode.

SSM was by far my favorite representation of Spidey/Peter in animation followed closely by TAS. I can barely sit through that new show that currently airs.

I think this show is considered better than Unlimited mostly because it did not take Spider-Man to another world, and kept him more at street level.
I like the Unlimited series, it's no sequel to the previous show, but it's not a bad one.

@The Joker: If you want an episode to sample the show watch the finale two parters, I think that one did a better adaption of Death of Gwen than the new movie did, though Gwen is not in the show.
I thought the 60s, 80s, 90s versions, and Spectacular were all clearly better shows.
Season 1 of the 60s show is easily more favorable imo, not better, but more entertaining.

SSM was by far my favorite representation of Spidey/Peter in animation followed closely by TAS. I can barely sit through that new show that currently airs.

Agreed. SSM best for characters, TAS is best at animation and design.

Agreed. SSM best for characters, TAS is best at animation and design.
To me TAS is a better representation of the character than TSSM, when Madame Web had nothing to do with the episode story.
TSSM has the best overall animation.
Spidey TNAS has the best Spidey animation.
And the 80s shows have the best designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"