Did anyone se Batman Returns in theaters?

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Hordakfan, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Thebumwhowalks

Thebumwhowalks Well-Known Member

What comics did you read back then? What comics are you talking about?

About the only thing that I saw that was added was the whole 'supernatural' angle with the cats, and until the ending where you see her taking all those bullets, you can easy ignore that in the character.

2. munchie64

munchie64 I'm NOT Batman

Eh, I guess it's an opinion thing. But when I watch Batman Returns, I see an awesome character that eats birds, not the Catwoman that I'm used to.

3. Thebumwhowalks

So, you don't know what you're talking about in the first place, since you haven't even cited any comics you had in mind from that period in time? I have to say, this is the first time in a while i can recall my opinion being challenged with absolutely no evidence to back it up.
    don't mess wae the big boys wee man. :cwink:

4. GothamAlleys

GothamAlleys Well-Known Member

Well, actually the ambiguity about the supernaturality in her character is also from early comics (Batman #35 primarily)

5. munchie64

munchie64 I'm NOT Batman

Haha ok then. Batman: Year One and the first Catwoman series are a good start.

6. GothamAlleys

GothamAlleys Well-Known Member

Catwoman had many faces guys, so I wouldnt even try to find one definitive version

7. munchie64

munchie64 I'm NOT Batman

Exactly. :yay:

8. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

[​IMG]

And that's just covering as far as the 70's.

9. Marx

Marx Pixelated

To answer the original post, I did see Returns in theaters. :up:

10. munchie64

munchie64 I'm NOT Batman

Wait... what? :o:woot:

11. Thebumwhowalks

I have the Batman/Catwoman comic that page was extracted from(it's from about 73 or 74 iirc, i got it back issue, I'm not that old), see, after that period(where CW was a straight villan), they went the route of her refroming, having a relationship with Bruce Wayne, and then finding out his secret I.D, while at the same time, going back to her criminal activities at points...
    See, this is the persona that was the staple in the books from the late 70s up until BR came out, so that is what I meant by her having the characteristics of the cb version.

I stopped buying Batman comics in 94, so don't know when they brought onboard the aspect of her being more of an out and out superhero, anti-hero or whatever you want to call her.

12. CConn

CConn Fountainhead of culture.

So...you're one of the big boys...unless we're talking about comics from after '94? :o

13. Thebumwhowalks

eh, that joke was more in a reference to my age than knowing all the stages of comics during my lifetime, i recalled munchie saying he was still at highschool over in the community section. So i did wonder whether he had actually read any older BM comics, due to his statement.
    One time my sister and i were riding our bikes, when i was a kid, and these two guys rode their bikes right past us, laughing and shouting 'make way for the big boys!', and for years after that when we would talk about it, my sister and I would have a good laugh at that, so that phrase has always struck me as funny, haha.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  14. CConn

That reminds me.

For years now, whenever my sister says she's cold, I jokingly reply "I'll warm you." watching BR again tonight I realized; the Penguin says that to Catwoman when she says she's cold. It must've infiltrated my subconscious and reemerged as a pseudo-incestuous jab. Amazing.

15. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

:applaud

I only hope you've been saying it in the growly manner that DeVito did in the film...

16. munchie64

munchie64 I'm NOT Batman

Fair enough, but you yourself mentioned the power of back issues. Plus in the 90's everything was overproduced for collectors sake. See: X-men #1.

17. Thebumwhowalks

Well, you didn't seem familiar with any books that had the characteristics that Catwoman had in BR, otherwise you wouldn't have been so aghast at my observation, haha.

and in reply to CConn and the other guy... I am so glad I am walking away from this forum, seeing posts like this just remind me what a waste of time it is even trying to get into discussions round here anymore. There's always some bitter bozos just ready to pounce on your posts with one manner of bs or another.
    But, y'know, that's not the reason I'm leaving, that is just a bonus that I won't have to read anymore junk from people who have nothing to do with my real life.
    I'm leaving because it's for the best, there's certain people around here who just won't leave certain things alone, and they need to learn to let go of their obsessions, for the sake of their own mental and emotional health.

18. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

I did...

It was my first film (3 years old) in theaters, also. I loved TMNT but then saw BTAS, Batman Returns, and then my g-ma bought me Batman #404-#407 and that certified by Bat-fandom.

Haven't looked back, 1992 was a great-great year for me.

19. CConn

Goodbye, bum. I loved you like a pet ferret.

20. Thebumwhowalks

eh, i will poke my head now and again for the sake of other people not freaking out at my absence(lurkers, you really don't wanna know), but I won't be interacting as much with this forum.

21. CConn

Oh, I'm sure there's legions of people who would be super upset if you left for good.

22. Thebumwhowalks

Aye, haha, I know how much I am hated on here, but popularity is not what I'm talking about. (again, lurkers, you don't wanna know)

23. JohnnyGobbs

JohnnyGobbs Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a recording of the E! special that covered the Batman Returns premiere which an earlier poster mentioned? I'd love to see that if i were possible.

24. CConn

Look, I'll be straight up with you. It's not that I hate you, or even am trying to poke fun at you at all, it's that I currently feel as though I'm audience to the rantings of someone who suffers from some kind of disconnect from reality.

Nothing you've said in your previous posts has made any sense whatsoever. You seem to be more talking to yourself rather than anyone in particular (except for the lurkers, you don't want to know).

In any case, I imagine this is akin to being privy to a one on one interview with Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

25. Thebumwhowalks

This is just...really boring to read, go back to being sarcastic please.