Did I see what I THINK I saw in the opening????

Surge38

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys....seen hulk twice...and I noticed something (or I THINK I did..) in the opening....

During the opening flashback sequence, when banner first hulks out...I SWEAR the first time I saw it the hulks skin was GRAY. When the camera goes all POV and we can see what "Hulk" is looking at...we briefly see his arms as he swings wildly, destryoing stuff. And I swear I thought those arms were gray.

The second time I saw it, I was looking for it...and again to me they looked gray, but I couldn't be 100% sure. The lighting in the scene was very soft focus and had a bluish hue, so that alone could be enough to make green skin look gray-ish...but I'm now wondering if it was done on purpose as an "easter egg", or better yet as a set-up for Incredible Hulk 2 or 3.

Did anyone else notice this? What do you think...did they make the skin gray on purpose? Did they intentionaly light the scene to give his skin a greyish tone as a nod? Or are my eyes playing tricks?

I got to Add I'm a graphic artist, so I'm usually DEAD ON at interperating color...but it was so fast on screen it was hard to judge...but then I think that masy have been the intent.

I just checked and Hulk's hands to appear to be grey but it may just still be the green Hulk but the lighting making it look grey like Hulk did in some parts of the cave scene.

I'd prefer gray over frakkin' light olive.

i think its just the lighting. i noticed it too. but maybe its the lighting like that on purpose but the hulk is not grey himself i dont think..

The lighting in the scene was very soft focus and had a bluish hue, so that alone could be enough to make green skin look gray-ish...but I'm now wondering if it was done on purpose as an "easter egg", or better yet as a set-up for Incredible Hulk 2 or 3.

Well, I haven´t seen the movie (it opens here next week:cmad:)... but Ang Lee did that in his movie, I don´t see why LL wouldn´t do the same with his since its filled with noods to comic fans

I thought he seemed gray in the opening, but then I also think he was too colorless in general.

I think it was just Hulk's POV. He doesn't see things 'clearly', like we see them. Everything's all fuzzy to him, so colors don't look the same. I've only seen the movie once, but i'll check it out again when i see it tomorrow.

It's fuzzy because Banner is remembering it in a dream like state. Like the rest of the times he's recalling being the HULK.

He probably has that dream every night too.

I saw it again and because of this thread I was specifically looking for it. He's definitely gray. Nice catch, Surge38.

Guys, it's a nod to the comics, the first hulk apperance is banner as a grey hulk!

I just hope we see a red and blue Hulk next time.

I honestly didnt notice this the first time around, but yeah. I can see it being very much intended the hulk being grey during his initial appearance in TIH. As someone else stated above, it's not the first time this has happened. But a nice nod nevertheless.

I think the opening was told in memory so the color tones are all grey throughout. It wasn't just the Hulk. Everything was grey tones. He was most likely still green.

This is me just wondering out loud but they could make him grey the next film by poisoning him. His body adapts, goes green again and becomes stronger as his cells readapt to the poison. Then we get to see him really Hulk out.

/end meandering thought process.

I thought I saw he was grey as well, and if I remember correctly, didn't LL say that we would see the grey Hulk in this film....maybe that was the scene?

Glad other people see it, I was wondering if it was in my mind....

I actually think LL made it ambiguous on purpose. The scene is clearly told in "flashback tones" with color saturation all wonky to make it feel "dreamlike"....but I think he purposely made it look just borderline enough to keep it anybodys guess.

That way, anyone familiar with the comics would have thier comic-book accurate gray hulk, but those who don't know about that won't notice anything too out of place.

Besides, LL has said on many an occasion to be very influenced by "HULK: Gray" By Loeb and Sale. It would make sense he would at least nod to ole' grayskin.

I'm hoping for a Gray Hulk by the third movie.

I just saw it again. About 10 mintues ago. He was green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"