Superman Returns Did SINGER modify the Superman costume or are there TWO different ones???

TheBlueWolf

Civilian
Reaction score
Just watched the new trailer with X3...and I have to ask. Did Singer modify the Superman costume, or are there two different ones??? The costume I saw in earlier photos and teasers and even the last trailer looked DARK and DINGY...most especially the reds, they were very dark.

YET...in the new trailer I saw last night, I see the same old dark dingy costume in some scenes, like before.

BUT...I see a costume with a slightly bigger "S" emblem, and beautiful vibrant BRIGHT reds...

TWO costumes or a complete change? What is going on here...

I like the costume with the brighter reds, so that is a cool positive change he did.

Also, I have to admit...I really liked the 2nd trailer, and the bullet to the eye was cool, because it made it seem as if it was shot from the mini-gun, which makes much more sense...maybe that is why it seemed more realistic and cooler to me.

The kid thing still sucks though!!! And unless the kid dies, I won't be happy. :-)

same costume....it just reacts differently to different lighting, which leads me to believe the first photo that was released had dull colors due to bad lighting.

and the "S" is still the same size.

Actually if i was being petty there are 100's of costumes, all having different uses.

The suit isn't impervious to light. It looks different in brighter light. The shield, like all objects, is subject to perspective.

I don't know...I mean, the reds were really vibrant and true to what superman reds should be! lol Gotta be two different costumes, can't see how the colors would react that differently to light...yet have the blue stay about the same color...

Are you sure the "S" is the same size? Because when he was flying, the "S" looked bigger...and in some other scenes the "S" looked bigger too.

Well I think the original photos we saw were just that...photos. In the film there has been color correction, lighting, etc. The suit very well could look differently in person but it may have been so that it would lend well to that sort of manipulation. If you go back though and look at the old photos...they do seem a little unsaturated compared to what we have seen of film footage.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
Actually if i was being petty there are 100's of costumes, all having different uses.
Yeah, that is true.

The capes are different materials for different scenes. For water scenes the boots are made of vinyl.

I can't find the photo but somewhere there is a shot of the suit on display in L.A. and the cape actually looks to be shinny in some of the shots. You would be surprised what they can do with fabrics and how they react to lighting.

Well, there could be slight modifications too.

Supposedly, the Batman Begins costume got a few modifcations toward the end of filming, just because the designers got used to working on it and developed a few techniques.

Could be the same here.

actually i wsa thinking the same question when i saw that closeup of his chest in the lightning, (look at the coke ad) there it looks really big

DorkyFresh said:
same costume....it just reacts differently to different lighting, which leads me to believe the first photo that was released had dull colors due to bad lighting.

and the "S" is still the same size.
WRONG. the reason why the first pic looks so desaturated is becaue some idot desaturated and than realesed it as teh first official pic.

the same set,the same lightining. ;)
normal_co1.jpg

ALLLL things react differently to different lights and different cameras. not to mention, there's this thing called 'post-production' where they're able to change the brightness, contrast, and hue of the film...

...if you want an example of how one suit can look so different, here's a perfect one...

setpicsjuly6.jpg

setpicsjuly19.jpg

dark_b said:
the reason why the first pic looks so desaturated is becaue some idot desaturated and than realesed it as teh first official pic.
that's what i meant...i just didn't word it correctly. it's not the lighting...it's the saturation..(or DEsaturation in this case). yup...you're right.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I actually like the first Spidey pic...
In the actual movie Spidey looked orange and purple at times :(

Spider-Man 2 sucked :down:

Someone did take an art class and jakomus is color blind(aka has is tv color and hue turned way to up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"