Superman Returns What did you initially expect would be in SR?

X Knight

Straight Edge
Reaction score
hey guys and gals,

I've got another question for you.

As SR was being made, and BEFORE we knew the final description of the story, what were your initial impressions of what would be in the film?

That is, as we gradually learned bits and pieces of the plot points.....or as we gradually saw set pictures or heard set reports or watched the video journals, etc.....what did you think we were going to get in SR?

For example, when I heard the working title Superman: Red Sun, I thought Lex was going to build a machine that create the effects of a red sun, or block the effects of a yellow sun, and thus render Superman powerless.

Or, soon after Singer signed on, I think he said that the movie was about "How people in a real world would REACT to a hero in PRIMARY COLORS." or.....something like that....it was very early on. When I heard that, I thought he was going to do an origin movie and that he WAS going to use the traditional costume for Superman ( much to my dismay at the time, as I wanted an "updated" sans-undie costume ).

So, those were some of my initial impressions.

So, what were you're initial ideas of what the movie was going to be about?

The 3 biggest things I wanted to see, but were absent.

A) see the comic book opening that we had all heard about.
B) the return to krypton scene, that (again) we all heard about.
C) even though I really wasnt expecting it, I was hoping singer would surprise us with a Supervillian.

Since Lex Luthor was the only villian, I expected a great Luthor with a great master plan. I also expected a real new kyrpton, complete with kryptonian technology, and maybe Kryptonian life.

I expected some originality. I expected something more than real estate and kryptonite. We've seen it all before.

I expected real consequences for Superman's absence. Having to win the people's hearts back, maybe winning then away from Lex who in Superman's absence, has pretended to be a hero of sorts.

I expected real action.

I expected a good movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"