Difficult levels that drove you berserk!

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
It might have been a full level, or just one spot..lots of games have them. That one area where it seems impossible to get past it. We eventually did, of course...be it by cheating or a lot of patience.

What are some of the most annoying, profanity inducing game levels you've ever played? :cmad:

Most of mine are older...

Mega Man IV - the first MM game I ever reached the end of, and you had to fight Dr. Wily in the pitch dark. I thought this was some kind of joke by Capcom..but eventually I used Pharaoh Shot to beat him.

Super Mario Bros 3 - Pipe Land...god, this level was nuts. Pipe mazes galore, countless Piranha Plants, and the hardest Doom Ship at the end. I eventually beat it using the Game Genie, but before that I usually bypassed it with those warp whistles.

Metroid Fusion - When Samus fights the gravity altering Nightmare boss. It starts out ok, but when it starts chasing you...oh, here comes the cursing.

Chrono Trigger - Fighting Giga Gaia the first few times..this thing kills you with 2-3 shots. In the pre-Internet days, it took a while for me to catch on that you've gotta have the proper armor before you take him on.

Uh, Mile High Club was the most annoying level I had done until I played Afro Samurai and got to the Flamethrower boss..what a *****e.

Battletoads: I have yet to get past the elevator shaft. :cmad:

I gave up fighting Abomination at the end of Inc. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction as I was liable to shove the controller into my tv. It was so hard to beat him before he destroyed all the dam generators.

..one lesson from Learning to Fly (or Flying School, whatever it was), in San Andreas :o can't remember which one..

Metroid Prime on the hardest difficultly is insane, although I did finally manage to beat it.

Doom on Nightmare mode is impossible.

Killzone 2 on Elite mode. A.I. is crazy at landing headshots, and the last fight against Radec and his waves puts you near suicide.

The Meat Circus from Psychonauts - I love Psychonauts. It's one of the best games I've ever played. However, when I finally beat this level, which just happened to be the last one, I had no interest in trying to beat it again. This level has killed any interest I've had in replaying Psychonauts. And it's a shame, since over the past 3 years I've wanted to go back and play the game again.

The White Room from Breakdown - I liked Breakdown until I got to this part. I still haven't gone past it, and I have no intention of trying to. I've since read up about the game and I was near the end. Oh well. I don't care if I never finish it.

The clone fight from God of War - Another game that I have no interest of finishing when I got to this part. I quit after I died for the 100th time

Zero's missions from San Andreas - I wish CJ was able to kill him.

Last edited:
The clone fight from God of War - Another game that I have no interest of finishing when I got to this part. I quit after I died for the 100th time

Very few games do this to me normally I'll end up beating them because I know that I can but Afro Samurai's fire boss. I don't know what it was, I just could not beat him. I'd get close and he'd turn on his 'Super Dick' mode button and just spam the crap out of his flame distance attack.

I almost didn't beat Medal Of Honor:Airborne either because of a stupid enemy that comes during the last two levels of the game. He carrys an MG42 at the hip and unloads into, never having to reload and takes 2-3 gammon grenades. Which one gammon grenade KILLS A TANK!

The piano puzzle on Silent Hill...I nearly took an ax to the real piano in my living room out of frustration. :cmad:

Heretic, back in.. whatever year it was. Damn barrels!!! :cmad:

:hehe:

Another game I've no intention of finishing is Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood.

It's not because of any one mission. It's just that the squad AI is severely ******ed compared to Road in Hill 30, and this glaring flaw was highlighted with the upgrade for the enemy AI.

Three off the top of my head;

Mega Man 1 - The cyclops boss, only way I could beat it as a kid was using the select button cheat, continously pressing select so shots would score mutiple hits.

Super Mario Bros. - I think it was the end of level 8-1 where you had to make two jumps, one onto a little sliver of a platform, always had trouble hitting the sliver.

Ninja Gaiden (X-Box) - The dominatrix looking demon in the cathedral. Probably fought that b*tch 100-200 times before I was able to defeat her.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Big Boss Emblem run, final boss. Ocelot...kept taunting me time after time...after time, after time, after time, after time....after time.

I damn near punched my television. My beautiful television.

most of the final bosses in Mega Man X2 - X5

Any old SNES game - Everything was fecking impossible back in those days!

God of War - The bloody hell ladders with spikes. Nearly killed all human kind in rage.

Call of Duty World at War Veteran Mode - Yeah! I'm doing good this time! What's that? 5 grenades at my feet? Oh shi-- *Repeat 200 times*

Prince of Persia: Epilogue - Jump and do some platforming... fall and restart, jump and go a liiiiiittle bit further... fall and restart.

Killzone 2's ending - It's okay! Rico will protect me from the sides! Wait, Rico needs a health boost? Is that a Heglhast in my face? Oh shi-- *Repeat 300 times*

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

That game, in my opinion, is the devil. It will always be the devil.

Two recent ones for me were the Death Star Hanger and the Star Destroyer levels in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The former just had way too many enemies flooding the area and the latter had on-screen guides that were f***ing broken, which actually still pisses me off.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma(PS3)-Airship Carrier. The soldier challenge in the storage room drove me nuts!.

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

That game, in my opinion, is the devil. It will always be the devil.

have you played the GBA version you can save in that one. I never beat that game for SNES.

I haven't. I only played the SNES version. It's pure evil, I swear.

The Ogress in Blood Will Tell made me stop playing the game. God, I hated her. She shoots lightning and flies and throws a bunch of other goons at you, and it's just ridiculous. I'm sure there's some pattern I missed that others have easily discerned, but I kept trying it again and again and I kept getting angrier and angrier until I threw my controller away and turned the PS2 off.

Halo - The library. This level is one of the most tedious annoying levels ever devised out of the games. This and the Cortana level in Halo 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"