Digimon

Kahoot

Reaction score
I did a serach and found two old threads Digimon Savers!!! and Digimon pretty sweet show, especially the original jap. show. but they were such old threads I wasn't sure if I should bump them or make a new thread so here we are. Merge away mods if you'd prefer.

I loved Digimon as a kid but gave up half way through Season 3 because of when it was on. I either had to run home from school to catch it or miss it all together. The fact that they'd only show 5 or 6 new episodes before repeating the whole show also annoyed me.

About a year ago I downloaded all five seasons of Digimon to rewatch them and I'm almost finnished them. It's been a hard grind coz some of the seasons were just really poor but seasons 1 & 3 were awsome. I'm only half way through season 5 and it has started to get good, who knows how long that'll last or if it'll just get better.

I've now been looking at the new season of Digimon Xros Wars. Has anyone been watching the Japanese version of the show? I'm not a big fan of watching the Japanese version of any show coz of my dislexia and the reading of subtitles. Does anyone know when/if they are going to start airing the English dub of the new show?

I loved Digimon as a kid! I thought the Myotismon arc from Season 1 was pretty dark for a children's show. I got out of it at the time of the D-Reaper storyline in Season 3. The Digimon Sovereigns was probably one of the epicest arcs evar.

while i did watch pokemon and play the games,i was more of a digimon kid growing up. season 3 was my favorite season, although I'll admit that it did start to lag once the D-REaper arc came into play. the whole storyline with impmon/beelzaman was my favorite, plus i loved the concept of the main character creating his digimon.

I loved this as a kid, and i used to love impmon too, i also tought that the 1st season was very dark in some elements like with myotismon and that black guy with horn from the first arc

But why did you make this thread?
Now i'm thinking of how a movie based on Digimon could work as some kind of Super 8 in Wonderland

I want to make a crazy live-action digimon movie.

I think it could be a cool mkovie if it was well writen and acted like Super 8 and like the original cartoon they go to strange lands before meeting each others again.

Mix Super 8 with Tron and Transformers with a healthy dose of Godzilla and E.T. and we've got ourselves a damn movie.

I want to make this happen so bad it's physically painful.

Mix Super 8 with Tron and Transformers with a healthy dose of Godzilla and E.T. and we've got ourselves a damn movie.

I want to make this happen so bad it's physically painful.
Don't forget to add a little of Alice in Wonderland, in least the visuals, and the worlds would be cool to see in live action, i remember there was one with a giant Teddy Bear, but wich story arc should they use? I'm assuming they would make it based on the first season, i think they could mix Devimon and Myotismon's arcs.
I don't think making more than one movie set during the time of the first season could work because they're allways the same age and kids age fast so if they toke 2 years to make a sequel they would be more ready to make a movie based on season 02 than season 1.:o
The movie would be cool as a stand alone a la super 8

Don't forget to add a little of Alice in Wonderland, in least the visuals, and the worlds would be cool to see in live action, i remember there was one with a giant Teddy Bear, but wich story arc should they use? I'm assuming they would make it based on the first season, i think they could mix Devimon and Myotismon's arcs.
I don't think making more than one movie set during the time of the first season could work because they're allways the same age and kids age fast so if they toke 2 years to make a sequel they would be more ready to make a movie based on season 02 than season 1.:o
The movie would be cool as a stand alone a la super 8

Very much Alice in Wonderland with plugs and wires and stuff. Just have the art department go crazy on the mecha-organic biosphere.

I think they should open the movie by having the first twenty minutes or so be the "terrorist bombing" incident that they fleshed out during the first animated movie, then have the rest of it be a condensed version of Season 1 which ends in a battle with possibly Devimon and stuff in the real world.

Then just go balls out on the sequel with the internet assault with Diaboromon where they learn the origin of the digital world through their coding fathers. Every two or three movies they could always recast with a new group of Digidestined based on the different show seasons. With how much technology is prevalent throughout the world, I think it could end up being really cool.

What about:
Film 1: Adaptations of devimon and entemon arcs, but without entemon, just the stuff like skull greymon and them returning to their world things.
Film 2: The complete Myotismon arc
Film 3: Internet assault and Diaboromon that leads to them going back to the digi world and fight the masters
Then they could do what you proposed, new kids, new stories
SkullGreymon_b.jpg

If we immediately follow up Devimon with Myotismon movie-wise then it would seem odd because of how close the public would perceive these characters to be. We could have the kids be continuously returning to the Digital World and ignoring the real world until Myotismon breaks out and starts attacking the real world.

At the end the Destined could decide to stay home and not return because they realize that if they don't then they'll miss out on the rest of their lives (social-networking commentary wink-wink). That way it feel more interesting and desperate when Diaboromon starts attacking the real world because the kids realize that they can't keep the worlds away from each other forever without them converging at some point. If we end either this series or the second series with them sealing the digital world off then it would give Tikato cause to try to create Digimon in the real world and open the portal.

Also, I hate Etemon too. lol

I don't think the masters are really necessary so:
Film 1: Devimon's arc with skullgreymon and other things from Etemon's arc
Film 2: Diaboromon and the network attack, that could make a badass sequel not set in the digiworld but in real one.
Film 3: Myotismon occupying the place of many of the masters and to be more creative as this movie would be set in the digi world and in the real world (both place already used in the first 2 movies) they could make a climax with apocalypmon or something similar, just to add and interesting new place and make this movie also creative.
I just think myotismon is one of the most interesting villains and that for me the most interesting characters from the masters arc can be changed as working for myotismon (like that pinoquio guy)

I like SkullGreymon, but I don't want him forced ala Venom in SM3. I was structuring the films in terms of:

Film 1.) Introduce Champion Level during terrorist bombing, MetalGreymon at climax in fight with Devimon in the Digital World.
Film 2.) Introduce WarGreymon at climax in Fight with Myotismon in the real world.
Film 3.) Introduce Omnimon at climax of internet fight.

It's was just that I liked the villians in that order, it's just the best way I could see them introducing the various digivolution stages organically without overloading the audience with "And now he becomes a much BIGGER monster!", you know?

I don't know, it could work better if in the end of the 1st film Tay returned to the real world and then came back to digi world to help, ending the movie with them there.
In the middle of the 2nd movie they would return to the real world and final battle would be with Myotismon, then the 3rd movie is the network wars and all set in the real world

Having him return to the real world and then go back to the Digital one may feel convoluted and may make the movie too long. We already have an origin scene for the first twenty minutes or so and we probably don't want to quite hit two hours for what will ultimately be marketed as a kids movie. Speed Racer went full in depth and ended up suffering in the box office for it.

Perhaps we shoot for 1 hour 40 mins so we can have ample time for both stories?

i would just approach it as a new season, original characters with familiar digimon partners, and adapt certain aspects from all the seasons.

Having him return to the real world and then go back to the Digital one may feel convoluted and may make the movie too long. We already have an origin scene for the first twenty minutes or so and we probably don't want to quite hit two hours for what will ultimately be marketed as a kids movie. Speed Racer went full in depth and ended up suffering in the box office for it.

Perhaps we shoot for 1 hour 40 mins so we can have ample time for both stories?
I'll say, make it more spielberg family friendly like super 8 and E.T.
And don't try to market it as an adaptation of an old popular cartoon as they did with speed racer, market it like super 8, a movie that stars kids in a strange journey.
Make it 1 hour 50 mins long, as a kid i also liked harry potter and spider-man movies being long so it hink 2 hours wouldn't be that big of a deal if done correctly

I like the original characters too, but there's more to the series than season one, hence a lot of material to cover, and from an aspiring filmmaker's point of view, I would like to be able to get a little creative with an adaptation. like when a director adapts a comic book, you have an entire continuity to adapt, but you're still an artist.

I like the original characters too, but there's more to the series than season one, hence a lot of material to cover, and from an aspiring filmmaker's point of view, I would like to be able to get a little creative with an adaptation. like when a director adapts a comic book, you have an entire continuity to adapt, but you're still an artist.
Just from the 1st arc you've got a lot to work with

... So? One of them was also named Matt. And Izzy. And Ty. And Mimi etc.

The only really foreign sounding name was Sora and Kari, but if kids can accept Hermione then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I agree about marketing it as a Spielberg kind of film. It would build up interest that way.

... So? One of them was also named Matt. And Izzy. And Ty. And Mimi etc.

The only really foreign sounding name was Sora and Kari, but if kids can accept Hermione then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I agree about marketing it as a Spielberg kind of film. It would build up interest that way.
True, i think that they can use the characters names and personalities and try to make the best story they can, as i stated before, the first story arc alone has a lot of good material for a movie.
Spielberg showed interest in Lupin III(another anime and manga i love) so i think if somebody could make spielberg interested the movie would be a guaranteed succes:yay:

I don't really want them to do new characters. The story is very much about the kids themselves that it would be like making a Harry Potter adaptation where the main character is named Glenn Hockenbary but still goes through the same situations as the original. It's isn't about the journey itself, it's about the person taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"