Digital Comics in Schools

JediMasterConor

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey everyone. [FONT=Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I am a staff member at a high school in Illinois. This summer I am looking to start a class for part of our Summer Enrichment program that will get kids into reading comic books/graphic novels. What I was looking to know is if there is anyway our school would be able to start an account with DC where only a designated staff member would be able to order digital copies of the comics and then have them available for our students to access through our various devices at the school (i.e. Netbooks, Computers). We are looking to start this class on June 9th. If not with DC, some other company/website that has the digital comics for purchase? Basically, we'd want to be able to purchase them just once for multiple uses in future years. Any input on this would be very helpful. Thank you![/FONT]

You'd probably have to contact DC or Marvel or whoever's corporate offices. I'd have to assume they might have a problem with that should they find out and sue. Copyright law is a b***h.

Yeah. I contacted both, but still awaiting a reply. Basically, I'm wanting to know if there is a way to treat digital copies the school would purchase as actual hard copy books that are in the school's library that are available for students to view.

I think you could maybe do it via comixology. But it's not a great app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"