World Direct-to-DVD "Death of Superman"

superboy13

Farmboy
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered by another thread, I missed it if so.
A few months ago Warner Bros. announced that they had launched a new Direct-to-DVD Animation division that would be producing two Superman related projects in 2007.

The Superman Homepage has the following details regarding these two animated features...
Superman: Doomsday
In an epic tale of sacrifice, Superman battles an intergalactic serial killer in a superpowered Armageddon - "Superman: Doomsday".
After Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis by giving his life to defeat the foe, those who loved him the most mourn their fallen hero and friend. But a world without Superman proves to be short-lived when the Man of Steel mysteriously returns. Or does he?
Based on the best-selling graphic novel of all time, The Death of Superman.
Director: Duane Capizzi
Producer: Bruce Timm Release Date: Sep 2007
Source: Superman Homepage

oooohhh... fun. I loved the Comic storyline; I wonder if they'll follow it verbatim.

Bruce Timm wasn't in charge of Brainiac Attacks, so I wouldn't worry much :D

Is Tim Daly doing Supes's voice or the guy from Justice League? Either way, I think they'll do a good job w/it...but i was just wondering.

Prognosticator said:
Is Tim Daly doing Supes's voice or the guy from Justice League? Either way, I think they'll do a good job w/it...but i was just wondering.
JL voice I think Tim contract says he only voices S:tas projects.

I have all the animated episodes so I can't wait for this one.

Syn (Mercenary) said:
I have all the animated episodes so I can't wait for this one.

It's not part of the animated series. This is a brand new take, style, new style.

This is gonna be good.

They should make anime version of this . With the same type of animation as AKira ,Ghost In The Shell 1 and 2 , X or for that matter Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting my whole life to see this!!!

Darn it has to be animated. Singer!!!!

Oh well. I'm so hyped for this!!!

So then that mean Lois will know clark is SUPERMAn when he dies in her arms, So is this both Death & Return of Superman ?

Kevin Roegele said:
It's not part of the animated series. This is a brand new take, style, new style.
I read somewhere in SupermanHomepage.com that they're going to try to make it as similar as the original artwork as possible (Jurgens). OMFG, this is going to be awesome! :D:D:D

This is gonna be sweet! I wish Routh would do the voice since he is Superman. Plus if I were Routh I'd milk Superman since he really won't have much of an acting career. :(

matrix_ghost said:
They should make anime version of this . With the same type of animation as AKira ,Ghost In The Shell 1 and 2 , X or for that matter Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

dude, Anime *****in sucks,,,:whatever:

superboy13_bt said:
I read somewhere in SupermanHomepage.com that they're going to try to make it as similar as the original artwork as possible (Jurgens). OMFG, this is going to be awesome! :D:D:D

I truly hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"