Director of "Moon" says enough with the 20 something leading actors

It is hard to take a person seriously that only has one movie to his credit. & basically sold that movie as him be Bowies spawn.

Plus Moon was good, but it had some flaws. The score pissed me off to no end. & the ending was a little goofy. What exactly does Rockwells character expect to happen once he gets back to earth? He heard himself on the the phone. So it pretty obvious they were all clones & he is just going to create a awkward situation for the family when he shows up.

Not to mention I am sure the government will just off him once they find out anyway.

His opinion isn't negated because he only directed "one movie." He's entitled to his opinion just like we all are.

And I'm not some Moon nazi. I think that the only great thing in Moon is Rockwell's performance but the director did show promise.

It is hard to take a person seriously that only has one movie to his credit. & basically sold that movie as him be Bowies spawn.

Plus Moon was good, but it had some flaws. The score pissed me off to no end. & the ending was a little goofy. What exactly does Rockwells character expect to happen once he gets back to earth? He heard himself on the the phone. So it pretty obvious they were all clones & he is just going to create a awkward situation for the family when he shows up.

Not to mention I am sure the government will just off him once they find out anyway.

Would you say the same thing if it was Neil Blomkemp?

ah, Ghostvirus do you know how to use spoiler tags?

I dont really agree with his sentiments.

I may be wrong but I think if you look back at the earlier ages of Hollywood, a lot of the leading men and women were in their 20s.

So now it seems he's in the running for Superman. I guess that means at least a mid-30s Superman if he gets it.

Seems a little stupid. Really you should cast age based on the role. You wouldn't have a drama about high school and cast 30 something's in it, at least you shouldn't. Just like you wouldn't have an adventure story about a well respected archeology professor and cast a twenty something, it's not believable.

It really should just depend on the character as the age that you are casting.

How old are you Ghostvirus?

What does that have to do with anything? Wait... are you wanting to cast me in a action movie!!:wow:

So now it seems he's in the running for Superman. I guess that means at least a mid-30s Superman if he gets it.

Yeah, see he painted himself in a corner with his comment. If he steps out of line now. The little bit of rep steam that he has created will be completely obliterated.

If he had said this 2-4 years, or a few movies down the line. Then maybe it would have been cool. But this dude is still a pup. You gotta earn that sh**.

What does that have to do with anything? Wait... are you wanting to cast me in a action movie!!:wow:

Yeah, see he painted himself in a corner with his comment. If he steps out of line now. The little bit of rep steam that he has created will be completely obliterated.

If he had said this 2-4 years, or a few movies down the line. Then maybe it would have been cool. But this dude is still a pup. You gotta earn that sh**.

No you don't 'gotta earn that sh**'. Posters on these very boards are more outspoken than that, and guess how many films most of them have made. Zero. It's an opinion. He ain't gotta do sh** to have an opinion.

If he wants a long career he will stop burning bridges. His voice is louder than peoples on this board.

If he wants a long career he will stop burning bridges. His voice is louder than peoples on this board.

I respectfully disagree. The work he does--not what he tweets--will decide his career.

Exactly, but he casts a 20 something for Supes then that makes him look like bad. & he better bring the good the next movie. Or else he & Richard Kelly will be rowing the same boat.

Kanye earned a strong & loyal fanbase before he lost his mind. Duncan does not have that yet.

I don't Duncan is in endanger of anything. I think people are overthinking what he said.

If I were an up and coming actor this is not what I would want to hear.

SO, the man is burning bridges because of his harmless opinion? Like someone else said, people are just over thinking what he said. I mean, look at the example he gave. Indiana Jones was played by a man who was almost 40. Harrison Ford LOOKED like a man of great renown in his field. Name one young now that are in there early to mid twenty's that can convincingly play Indiana Jones. Hell, the youngest James Bond was Sean Connery but he definitely had experience etched into him.
When I read the man's tweet, I took it at face value. If you are going to play a character that is defined as an individual of great experience and reputation, then you need to look like you have actually experienced the world. Why interpret what he said as a slight against young actors? No, most of the young (20-25) actors out there can play a world class spy, or a skilled mercenery. They just don't look the part.

Is he the son of a someone famous? Did he use it to sell his movie? Is he running his mouth?

no neil isn't the son of someone famous but he's another one with a single well regarded film under his belt. (and he was helped along by the prestige of Peter Jackson)

I'm just saying if it was Neil making this exact same statement would you say "Shut up you've only made one good Sci-fi movie" ?

Thats what I was asking.

Last edited:
Exactly, but he casts a 20 something for Supes then that makes him look like bad. & he better bring the good the next movie. Or else he & Richard Kelly will be rowing the same boat.

Not a chance hell will source code be as bad as Southland Tales or The Box, and hey hes got Jake Gyllenhall, the lead actor of Kelly's single decent film:awesome:

no neil isn't the son of someone famous but he's another one with a single well regarded film under his belt. (and he was helped along by the prestige of Peter Jackson)

I'm just saying if it was Neil making this exact same statement would you say "Shut up you've only made one good Sci-fi movie" ?

Thats what I was asking.

I am not saying he should shut up. I am saying that he might want to show a little more tact. He is not yet rooted in the industry yet to make statements that might ruin his chances at making movies.

Not a chance hell will source code be as bad as Southland Tales or The Box, and hey hes got Jake Gyllenhall, the lead actor of Kelly's single decent film:awesome:

Lets hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"