Discussion: Canadian Politics

Bwahaha, comparing Quebec to Alberta... Sure we have backwoods areas like any other provinces, but they are mostly near Quebec City. Over there, they have what we call "trash radio" and pretty much have views that are not shared with the majority of Quebecers, and definitely not with Montreal folks and its surrounding areas.

We have voted for Liberal. We have voted for Bloc. We even have voted for NPD (remember the orange wave few years back?). But we will never vote Conservative.

Bwahaha, comparing Quebec to Alberta... Sure we have backwoods areas like any other provinces, but they are mostly near Quebec City. Over there, they have what we call "trash radio" and pretty much have views that are not shared with the majority of Quebecers, and definitely not with Montreal folks and its surrounding areas.

We have voted for Liberal. We have voted for Bloc. We even have voted for NPD (remember the orange wave few years back?). But we will never vote Conservative.

The government of Quebec has just passed one of the most racist laws in recent memory, to the cheers of all the blonde-haired, blue-eyed "pure stock" who believe they are being insulted and oppressed at every turn. Just because they don't look like your typical shotgun-wielding redneck, doesn't mean they aren't so much worse. Racism in the exercise of state power is one of the worst things. History will judge Quebec harshly over this.

The government of Quebec has just passed one of the most racist laws in recent memory, to the cheers of all the blonde-haired, blue-eyed "pure stock" who believe they are being insulted and oppressed at every turn. Just because they don't look like your typical shotgun-wielding redneck, doesn't mean they aren't so much worse. Racism in the exercise of state power is one of the worst things. History will judge Quebec harshly over this.
So you live in Quebec to have witnessed this? Cool.

Pink, maybe you know more, since yesterday everyone at my office in Calgary keeps talking about how Trudeau's government is out to "destroy" Alberta. Wasn't the pipeline his goal? I feel like Albertans are blaming Trudeau for a pipeline that the Conservatives would have had a harder time getting built. What is your take?

Pink, maybe you know more, since yesterday everyone at my office in Calgary keeps talking about how Trudeau's government is out to "destroy" Alberta. Wasn't the pipeline his goal? I feel like Albertans are blaming Trudeau for a pipeline that the Conservatives would have had a harder time getting built. What is your take?

Yeah, I don't like to be one of those Torontonians who lines up to **** on Alberta, but here it goes: Alberta's in the crapper right now because of global oil prices and the necessary discount on Alberta oil, not anything Justin Trudeau has done. The Prime Minister has as much influence on global oil prices as you and I have. And you know I am infamously not a fan of Justin Trudeau at all.

A lot of it is unfocussed hate on anything Justin Trudeau and the Liberals do, and basically a lot of Western Conservatives being overt or closeted climate change deniers. Trudeau bought the ****ing pipeline for god's sake. To be honest, when the yellow vesters started inviting white supremacists to their rallies, I lost sympathy for them.

I think I became a black sheep today when I said I'm country over province. The blinders are seriously disturbing. They're even blaming the Husky layoffs on Trudeau. Like how stupid can someone be? I get being angry, but this is completely irrational.

And yeah that yellow vest thing was just disappointing. People can make their points without bringing in the worst cretins of society to blame immigration and minorities.

I live in Edmonton and went to the climate strike that counter-protestors turned into a recreation of Mad Max Fury Road. Someone had a sign that said “oil and gas now and forever.” Alberta and Quebec are racist embarrassments (I mean the political climate and culture, not every single individual obviously).

Fun nerd fact: the voice actress who voiced Rogue in the 90s Xmen cartoon is a newly elected member of parliament.

The funnest fact

I live in Edmonton and went to the climate strike that counter-protestors turned into a recreation of Mad Max Fury Road. Someone had a sign that said “oil and gas now and forever.” Alberta and Quebec are racist embarrassments (I mean the political climate and culture, not every single individual obviously).

The funnest fact

Edmonton is my home town!

I think Lenore Zann is a Liberal (i.e., the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League of Canadian political parties).

A JLI refernce in the year 2019?

Why must you make me question my sexual orientation PR?

A JLI refernce in the year 2019?

Why must you make me question my sexual orientation PR?
tenor.gif

PR referenced the creative team behind a long run of the Justice League in the comics lasting from 1987 to about 1993 where essentially they turned up the humor knob to 11 turning the team to into well meaning if bumbling boobs with super powers. For a time even the book changed from Justice League of America to Justice League International.

The line up consisted of J'onn J'onnz, Guy Gardner (GL), Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Booster Gold, Fire, Ice and as the mastermind behind it all Maxwell Lord (Yes... That Maxwell Lord).

They were popular enough to have a spinoff called Justice League Europe. That was a team made up of Captain Atom, Powergirl, Metamorpho, Rocket Red, Silver Sorceress, Blue Bird Crimson Fox, and Elongated Man with his wife Sue.

PR referenced the creative team behind a long run of the Justice League in the comics lasting from 1987 to about 1993 where essentially they turned up the humor knob to 11 turning the team to into well meaning if bumbling boobs with super powers. For a time even the book changed from Justice League of America to Justice League International.

The line up consisted of J'onn J'onnz, Guy Gardner (GL), Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Booster Gold, Fire, Ice and as the mastermind behind it all Maxwell Lord (Yes... That Maxwell Lord).

They were popular enough to have a spinoff called Justice League Europe. That was a team made up of Captain Atom, Powergirl, Metamorpho, Rocket Red, Silver Sorceress, Blue Bird Crimson Fox, and Elongated Man with his wife Sue.
Thanks for the info dump, but I was referring to our little Ho yeah moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"