Discussion: Canadian Politics

You buy the crystal goblet from the merchant in Raru, use it to bribe the dragon in the cave NW of there (don't fight the dragon, it's too strong for your at your current level) to get the demon sword. DON'T EQUIP it (it's cursed) but take it to Parapa Palace, and you'll find the iron gate opens for you automatically.
0ZUA7OX.gif

lmao

Report: German Nazis are buying up land in Cape Breton
Report: German Nazis are buying up land in Cape Breton

Germany’s largest weekly magazine Der Spiegel is reporting that a right-wing network of prominent Germans, including Eva Herman, a well-known former news presenter on German television, is setting up a colony of far-right radicals and ideologues in Canada, and they’ve been buying land in their chosen location — none other than Cape Breton Island.

In August 2015, Herman published a conspiracy theory that claimed the European migrant crisis was orchestrated by "powerful people in the finance sector" to eradicate the white, christian population of Europe and she also claimed that the September 11 attacks were a hoax.

Aw Cape Breton is nice. ****ing Nazis.

Still, buying land in Nova Scotia means the Nazi Party isn't doing that great. If they could afford to live in West Vancouver then I'd be concerned.

I took a vacation to Victoria years ago and pretty much fell in love with it. They had a DaVinci exhibit at the museum that was beyond impressive. I took 4 hours to look at everything because I figured it was a once in a lifetime experience (think I was right about that, but I'm not dead yet, so we'll see). I stayed at a place called The Swan and loved it. I thought about moving there when I retired, but all my friends are in the Monterey Bay/SF area so that didn't work out.

Maybe some of them have some dough because when my (at the time) partner (Jewish) and I were sitting at a bar, she leaned over, had a grin on her face, and whispered to me "The guys sitting next to me are anti-semites. Let's not talk and listen to what they're saying".

I took a vacation to Victoria years ago and pretty much fell in love with it. They had a DaVinci exhibit at the museum that was beyond impressive. I took 4 hours to look at everything because I figured it was a once in a lifetime experience (think I was right about that, but I'm not dead yet, so we'll see). I stayed at a place called The Swan and loved it. I thought about moving there when I retired, but all my friends are in the Monterey Bay/SF area so that didn't work out.

Maybe some of them have some dough because when my (at the time) partner (Jewish) and I were sitting at a bar, she leaned over, had a grin on her face, and whispered to me "The guys sitting next to me are anti-semites. Let's not talk and listen to what they're saying".

Victoria's a wonderful place and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself (I am a native British Columbian myself, even though I live in Hosertown now).

Victoria's a wonderful place and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself (I am a native British Columbian myself, even though I live in Hosertown now).

Yeah.....really awesome place. I saw some really affordable places right on the water with docks. How fun would it be to go fishing with a couple of dogs in your boat (Oh yeah, wife too....)? Everything just seemed so peaceful and small townish (not that it's a large city by California standards). Nice restaurants, bars, and just cool places to go (Rose Garden, the butterfly greenhouse place, etc.).

Hosertown?? Is that a real place or is it like getting hosed?

Hosertown is what I call Toronto. Canada's largest city and the goofs here still talk like how Americans think Canadians talk.

Hosertown is what I call Toronto. Canada's largest city and the goofs here still talk like how Americans think Canadians talk.

Oh S***....I went to a weeklong conference in Toronto (as I've ranted on and on about) a several years ago and I freaking love that place. I did all the embarrassing stuff you're supposed to do:

*Went to a baseball game, spent a gazillion dollars on beer and food
*Went to the restaurant that's on top of some tower and goes around. My partner (same one I was with in Victoria with) didn't want to go because she had motion sickness issues. Personally, I think they should spin it faster and charge more because it's entertainment AND food.
*Went to Niagara Falls. Canadian side isn't a dump like the US side and when @flickchick85 recommended Wonderfalls, I think I actually recognized some of the shoots.
*Met Shirley Douglas.....this doesn't count as embarrassing stuff....this is cool stuff.

Maybe I just shoulda been born in Canada.

Oh S***....I went to a weeklong conference in Toronto (as I've ranted on and on about) a several years ago and I freaking love that place. I did all the embarrassing stuff you're supposed to do:

*Went to the restaurant that's on top of some tower and goes around. My partner (same one I was with in Victoria with) didn't want to go because she had motion sickness issues. Personally, I think they should spin it faster and charge more because it's entertainment AND food.
*Went to Niagara Falls. Canadian side isn't a dump like the US side and when @flickchick85 recommended Wonderfalls, I think I actually recognized some of the shoots.
*Met Shirley Douglas.....this doesn't count as embarrassing stuff....this is cool stuff.

You don't want to be Canadian: your state has had more Stanley Cups in the past decade than the entire country of Canada.

You don't want to be Canadian: your state has had more Stanley Cups in the past decade than the entire country of Canada.

Dude.....I live in California....what's hockey?

I went to a hockey game when the Sharks first came to San Jose. They played the first season or 2 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. A guy I worked with had first row seats at one of those lines they have. It was the one at about the 30 yard line; I think it's red or blue or something. Anyway, I've got this giant beer and am walking down the aisle in front of the first row of seats and some guy gets face planted into the plexiglass thing about 1 foot in front of me. I thought I was gonna get knocked on my @$$ and spilled about $5 worth of beer (much to the amusement of those in the other first or second row seats). If my wife hadn't been on the U of Vermont Hockey team, I'd probably never have watched it out of protest.

Easy there, you vaingorious British Columbian. Think you are better than us just because you have an ocean, nice view, and wonderful Asian-inspired cuisine.

Most Ontarians do not really talk like Bob & Doug McKenzie. That is Atlantic Canada, duh. :o

*Went to Niagara Falls. Canadian side isn't a dump like the US side
and when @flickchick85 recommended Wonderfalls, I think I actually recognized some of the shoots.

You shoulda gone to Barberian's Steakhouse instead. Real piece of local history with walls covering in Canadiana and original Group of Seven paintings. They also have an excellent wine cellar (Christina the sommelier is so nice) and classic dry-aged steaks. There is a video on YouTube of the owner fighting off a guy who tried to mug him bringing in the cashbox with the float to open up on Christmas.

We also have wonderful wine and cuisine in the Niagara region. If you are ever back up our way, I would strongly recommend stopping off at the wonderful vineyards and restaurants around Jordan Station, in particular Pearl Morrisette, Inn on the Twenty, Cave Spring Cellars, and Tawse.

Who gives a flying **** about hockey? You don't have to care about hockey to be Canadian. I am living proof. :oldrazz:

Easy there, you vaingorious British Columbian. Think you are better than us just because you have an ocean, nice view, and wonderful Asian-inspired cuisine

Most Ontarians do not really talk like Bob & Doug McKenzie. That is Atlantic Canada, duh. :o

You shoulda gone to Barberian's Steakhouse instead. Real piece of local history with walls covering in Canadiana and original Group of Seven paintings. They also have an excellent wine cellar (Christina the sommelier is so nice) and classic dry-aged steaks. There is a video on YouTube of the owner fighting off a guy who tried to mug him bringing in the cashbox with the float to open up on Christmas.

We also have wonderful wine and cuisine in the Niagara region. If you are ever back up our way, I would strongly recommend stopping off at the wonderful vineyards and restaurants around Jordan Station, in particular Pearl Morrisette, Inn on the Twenty, Cave Spring Cellars, and Tawse.

Who gives a flying **** about hockey? You don't have to care about hockey to be Canadian. I am living proof. :oldrazz:

I might have gone there, but I was basically too drunk to remember anything other than baseball, an elevator ride to a restaurant that took a lot less time than it should have, a bunch of water crashing down and wondering if anyone ever really tried that in a barrel, and an interesting conversation with Ms. Douglas. It was fun though.....Hosertown was okay.

I might have gone there, but I was basically too drunk to remember anything other than baseball, an elevator ride to a restaurant that took a lot less time than it should have, a bunch of water crashing down and wondering if anyone ever really tried that in a barrel, and an interesting conversation with Ms. Douglas. It was fun though.....Hosertown was okay.

Haha, if you went to Barberian's, I would think you would remember as it is typically the place to get drunk.

I should add one caveat about Niagara wines, do not drink the Californian style varietals. We do not have the climate or terroir for Cabs, Merlots, or big reds generally. Think more northerly French wine regions. Our good stuff is Burgundian, Alsatian, or German in style - Pinot Noir, Gamay, Chardonnay, Riesling, etc. We try to grow Cabs and Merlots since those are big sellers, but ours suck hard.

Who are you, Kyle Dubas?
I dislike hockey so much, I honestly don't even know who that is.

Haha, if you went to Barberian's, I would think you would remember as it is typically the place to get drunk.

I should add one caveat about Niagara wines, do not drink the Californian style varietals. We do not have the climate or terroir for Cabs, Merlots, or big reds generally. Think more northerly French wine regions. Our good stuff is Burgundian, Alsatian, or German in style - Pinot Noir, Gamay, Chardonnay, Riesling, etc. We try to grow Cabs and Merlots since those are big sellers, but ours suck hard.

I dislike hockey so much, I honestly don't even know who that is.

Might be why I don't remember it.

I'm actually a card carrying member of the Conservative Party now, but yeah, part of me just wants to call Alberta's bluff. At a certain point, you're just whining out your anus about how the rest of the country isn't doing enough for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"