Discussion: Electronic Cigarettes (E-Cigs)

I don't suspect vapejuice will catch on.

Since it still delivers nicotine, a very highly addictive drug, into your system, it needs to be regulated.

I agree, people should not be able to decide for themself.

Well, you have to look at it from their standpoint. They are the ones who have to put up with other customers coming up to them complaining about you "smoking" in their establishment. It's just easier to lump you in with the "smokers" and not have to deal with it at all. Even though it's an e-cig, I always smoke outside unless I know the bar owner/owner of the establishment.

I guess, but it's still a stupid policy.

My friend's Mom has been forcing his Dad to quit smoking by using the E-Cigs, but he didn't know how to smoke it correctly and he was smoking it like a lite-cigarette so he was getting the least amount of nicotine possible and being a hardcore smoker for over 40 years...it didn't work well. The first day he tried it, I was over their house. Jesus Christ, I've never seen a man so angry. I'd suggest finding out how to smoke them correctly if you try them. You might break you kitchen counter otherwise...

The important thing, other than the quality of the e-cig, is how to inhale on an e-cig versus a traditional cigarette. The draw is slow and long versus a cigarette that is hard and fast. That's one of the mistakes I see almost everybody do the first time they try an e-cig. They inhale sharply, even though I tell them to take a slow and long draw. It's hard to break old habits.

Just got this beauty in the mail today.

CameraZOOM-20130112163419133.jpg

Really beautifully custom built e-pipe. Now I can vape like a sir. :up:

Cold turkey is best. Haven't had a cigarette since Thanksgiving day 2010

i still smoke regular cigs, but i've always been curious to try these. only problem is, even one of these things cost more money than a regular pack of cigarettes, and even those are expensive nowadays. lol

I don't know, I know they haven't been able to definitively say whether the nicotine vapor causes cancer like the cigarettes, which contain a ton of carcinogens that are NOT nicotine. Like the long-term health-effects of 100% nicotine, other than addiction, I have no clue. I assume it is at least as harmful as say, caffeine which people consume every day, but obviously more addictive. But they've basically been unable to link nicotine and cancer so I'd say that e-cigs are healthier, but I mean, there might still be heart disease or high-blood pressure to consider here.

Just bought a Blu e-cig, and I love it.

i still smoke regular cigs, but i've always been curious to try these. only problem is, even one of these things cost more money than a regular pack of cigarettes, and even those are expensive nowadays. lol

Once you invest in a decent device, the only thing you really need to purchase on a regular basis is the liquid nicotine, which usually costs me about $15-$17 a month.

Once you invest in a decent device, the only thing you really need to purchase on a regular basis is the liquid nicotine, which usually costs me about $15-$17 a month.
this is true. idunno, i've been thinking on it. i still can't help but enjoy the taste of a good ol' marlboro red :hrt:

i've taken puffs out of e cigs before though. not the blu ones, however, which is probably why i haven't been impressed.

As I've said before, there are much better ones out there than the Blu. A good starter kit that I could suggest for any beginner is a Joyetech eGo-C Twist Battery combined with a Vision Clearomizer. Don't forget to buy a charger for the eGo-C Twist, buy some e-liquid and you're all set. Cost, about $60, but that should last you at least 3 weeks, then you just need to buy the liquid after that and the cost for 30 ml (3 weeks to a month's worth for me) is about 15-17 dollars, depending on what website you buy it from.

An e-cig that I would definitely recommend for anybody who just has to have one that looks and feels like a real cigarette is the NJOY King bold flavor. The downside is that they are damned expensive for a non-rechargeable e-cig. 8 dollars for an e-cig that will last you about 50-60 puffs depending on how long your draw is. But you can hold it like a real cigarette and it tastes strikingly similar to a real cigarette compared to a lot of other e-cigs. If the price could go down and they could incorporate a recharging capability into the battery, these things could definitely convert even more smokers than previous e-cigs have done. But they are too cigarette-like for my taste as I no longer desire that kind of sensation.

Last edited:
I have a Victory starter kit coming in this week. Until then I'm going with an Etronic disposable, reg flavor. Lasts longer and has a good throat hit.

Victory is a good ecig :up: just got one as a present from my mom. The vanilla is quite delicious :awesome:

I personally think it's INCREDIBLY stupid of Starbucks to not allow ecigs. They've banned traditional cigarettes from the patio area, which I guess I can understand, but to ban ecigs entirely is just not cool.

I'm sorry but my co worker (well ex co worker now) used to smoke his E cig at his desk....he looked like the biggest tool.

I quit cold turkey after 4 years of smoking. I can't help but look at these e cig people the same way I look at people who wear blue tooth headsets......They look like *****es.....

I'm sorry but my co worker (well ex co worker now) used to smoke his E cig at his desk....he looked like the biggest tool.

I quit cold turkey after 4 years of smoking. I can't help but look at these e cig people the same way I look at people who wear blue tooth headsets......They look like *****es.....

:csad: I'm sorry you feel that way dude..if it's any consolation, some of us just can't. At least now there's something that's not AS bad as the traditional thing. That's pretty much all I got :hehe:

no believe me I know its hard to quit. I know a lot of people that have tried everything and it doesnt work.

Honestly now I can't even stand the smell of smoke so if this is a way for you guys to get your nicotine without it making your hair/clothes/breathe smell like cigs all the time I think thats awesome.

I guess I came off a bit harsh lol.

no believe me I know its hard to quit. I know a lot of people that have tried everything and it doesnt work.

Honestly now I can't even stand the smell of smoke so if this is a way for you guys to get your nicotine without it making your hair/clothes/breathe smell like cigs all the time I think thats awesome.

I guess I came off a bit harsh lol.

Nah, I'm sure we'll get the *****ebags who make it look bad for all of us :hehe:

Although when I went to see Man of Steel opening night (7pm Walmart showing) I had my ecig (a Blu disposable) and I'd taken a puff right as the previews started, and literally TEN SECONDS into the preview they STOP the film and the theater manager comes in and says "Who's smoking in here?!" and looks right at me. No lie, all I said was "It's an electronic cigarette sir," and the dude says "Well, just put it out."

W. T. F. :dry:

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"