Resistance 2 Viral info and discussion thread

Just beat the game about 20 minutes ago. Wow! What an awesome experience! Congrats to Insomniac for putting it all together. Bravo!

I JUST PLAYED IT FOR A FEW HOURS, IT FREAKING ROCKS DUDE!!!:eek::up: I HAVEN'T BEATEN IT YET, I'M TAKING MY TIME TO SAVOR EVERY MOMENT PLUS I'M LOOKING FOR INTEL!!!:D:up: THE GAME IS A MASTERPIECE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!!!:D:up:

I am still at San Fransisco I have to after the Inhibitors.

How was the endin Last Son? Does it hint at a Resistance 3?

Dude, there is no way that I can even hint at what happens without spoiling it. I will just say "cliffhanger" and leave it at that. It's so bad***. You will love it. :up:

Omg i just finished!!!!!!!!! That was some crazy s**t!!!!!! What a ending :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

I know. Can't wait to see how they handle Resistance 3.

I know. Can't wait to see how they handle Resistance 3.

I JUST BEAT THE GAME EARLIER TONIGHT, IT WAS INSANE DUDE LOL, FREAKING AWESOME, WOW, WHAT A TEASE FOR THE NEXT GAME!!!:eek::up: I THOUGHT THE STORY WAS GREAT AND THE GAME IS JUST ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!! I ACTUALLY STARTED A NEW GAME TO GO AFTER SOME OF THE TROPHIES I MISSED, PLUS IT'S TOO AWESOME TO ONLY PLAY IT ONCE!!!:D MY COUSIN AND I TRIED PLAYING ONLINE BUT THAT NETWORK BUG DIDN'T EVEN LET US GET STARTED IN A MATCH LET ALONE FINISH ONE, INSOMNIAC REALLY NEEDS TO PATCH THAT THING!!!:( BUT IT'S THE FIRST WEEK AND THESE TYPE OF THINGS HAPPEN WITH MOST ONLINE GAMES WHEN THEY FIRST COME OUT, SO IT'S ALL GOOD, I'M SURE THEY'RE WORKING ON IT AS I TYPE THIS!!! ANYWAY THE GAME ROCKS DUDE, WE GOTTA DO SOME CO-OP ONCE THE BUG IS FIXED!!!:D:up:

I got Resistance 2 on Friday and finally getting around to playing it now and wow. It has officially taken over CoD4 as my favorite shooter. I havent done any of the multiplayer stuff yet but so far the single player is amazing. Now Im seeing what everyone has been saying about it being epic. That first shot of San Francisco really gives you a good idea of just how big this game is. One thing I love is that this game feels very much like CoD4. It feels as if Insomniac borrowed quite a bit from there as far as controls and gameplay go bc it feels very familiar. Made it it alot easier for me to get into

And yet another viral slowly dies and leaves a hole in my day. :csad:

Here's hoping the Star Trek viral is going to rock...

For those of you interested in the Star Trek viral, click here.

Last edited:
Well Since It is out what are a few things that you didn't like about this game so here are mine

-they didn't have a few weapons from the first one like the Reapers Or Mailstrom those were my favorites
-Ted Price said that there would be vehicles and there were none in the Story mode i don't know about online because i haven't played it yet

Besides that i think the game is extraordinary and it is definetely the Game of the Year for the Playstation I mean LBP is fun but Resistance 2 is funner

And yet another viral slowly dies and leaves a hole in my day. :csad:

Here's hoping the Star Trek viral is going to rock...

For those of you interested in the Star Trek viral, click here.

yes, here here. Good viral IMO. Does anyone know what 42E is doing next?

Godamn, 42e is doing everything viral on everything i dont like!!!! Except for tdk!!!!!!!

WARNING!!!!!If you can't handle it don't Click on the Spoiler this is for the people who have already beaten it.
Since they Killed Nathan Do You Think that they will use the Guy from Resistance Retribution for Resistance 3 or Capelli

So when are they gonna release the third one? Everyone at my School said that they would probably release it with the PS4 but i think we should get another Game before they do that.

people say the Story sucks? Is this true?
I wouldnt say it sucks, it just doesnt really draw you in. It goes all over the place across different states and countries but it doesnt feel as if theres a strong transition between both and I never felt like I really cared for the main character. With that said, the single player campaign is amazing. The battles are epic and its really fun. The action, gameplay and how everything is laid out, more than makes up for the story

Just beat the game a few minutes ago...wow...talk about unexpected. I didn't play the first one, so it was a fantastic surprise to see just how good this game was.

I don't think the story sucked it wasn't very strong but it wasn't very weak it was perfect besides the gameplay and online make up for all its flaws :D

Im having a problem. I loaded up my copy of R2 today and it seems as if all my single campaign stats have resetted. Im back to the initial rank and its as if I havent played at all. It says I have 0/39 trophies when I definetly have several. Has this happened to anyone? Its going to be a pain starting all over from scratch

That is weird. I have not heard of that happening before. I'll keep an eye out for a fix.
What have you tried already?

Edit: Have you checked your game save info? Many are saying that it can get corrupted. They working on a fix. Check here for more.

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=83366.0

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=83905.0
The game save is there but it says that its in Iceland (start of the game) when I last played, I had just started Utah. Im not sure how they would fix it but it looks as if all the progress Ive made is gone and will have to start over. Thank goodness I was only almost halfway into my second run and didnt beat the game on the 2 hardest settings bc then I would be more pissed off.

I read through those threads and it seems to be exactly what Im running into as well. Looks like I unfortunetly wont be touching R2 anymore, at least not until they actually fix it

Last edited:
Seems like I found out what the problem is. Dont change your password/email for your PS3 account. Doing so will invalidate some of your saves. I did that last week, only to find out that I could no longer use my saves for Reistance 2, Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, and LittleBigPlanet. Theres a glitch in the update after the trophy system was introduced which causes the game to not recognize you as the original owner of the save and wont let you use it, if the original email/password was changed. Doesnt matter if you switch back either. I was pretty pissed, especially about GTA IV and Burnout since I had done so much in those and Im not about to start over from scratch for a 4th time. Fourtnetly I had just gotten 100% on the trophies a few days earlier. My Soul Calibur IV save was also affected since that is tied to the user as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"