Discussion: Gay Rights III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to talk about busting stereotypes? Back in Vancouver, I used to know some guys who belonged to a gay custom and classic car club. What's the world coming to ...

Nothing makes sense anymore! :p

Vancouver also has a couple of gay hockey teams, gay soccer teams and a gay bowling league.

Vancouver and British Columbia always has a strange culture built from geographic isolation: an ocean to the west, sub-arctic land to the north, a mountain range to the east and Washington state to the south: basically surrounded by uninhabitable places all around.

Vancouver also has a couple of gay hockey teams, gay soccer teams and a gay bowling league.

Vancouver and British Columbia always has a strange culture built from geographic isolation: an ocean to the west, sub-arctic land to the north, a mountain range to the east and Washington state to the south: basically surrounded by uninhabitable places all around.

:lmao:

In the Fringe alternate universe, Washington is named Southern British Columbia.

Just like Buffalo, NY could be renamed South Toronto. Not that we'd want to absorb that craphole anyway.

Watch out. There's been rumors of the Buffalo Bills moving to Toronto all season. ;)

Watch out. There's been rumors of the Buffalo Bills moving to Toronto all season. ;)

Why not? We already have a bad basketball team, a terrible hockey team and a go-nowhere baseball team. Might as well add a crap football team to the city to complete our four corners of failure.

A baseball team with two World Series. (thanks for beating the Braves in 92, I'm a Dodgers fan ;))

Marx congratulations to you on coming out!

Best wishes to you :up:

Very well put.....it is definitely the "white elephant" in the room.....and an argument that will not be going away anytime soon. That discussion may lessen through generations, but the question will always remain until significant medical data answers the question.

It is irrelevant whether being lgbt is a choice or not. Hope that does not sound rude Kel but really it does not matter

Whether it is or is not we deserve equal rights including the right to marry and we will have them

Sorry but I don't debate civil rights. They aren't up for debate. I stopped trying to debate with bigots like you a long time ago. If you're opposed to gay marriage I have EVERY right to call you a bigot. Just like I would be right to call you a bigot if you opposed equal rights for racial minorities.

I don't think bigotry is Christian.

And we do have the higher ground.

Don't want to get sucked into a useless debate with you...however I'd like to point out, with your line of thinking on the 14th Amendment, women aren't actually guaranteed equal rights under the Constitution either. :down

:up:

Agreed Violet Lantern

There is no valid reason why gay couples should not be allowed to marry

Gay marriage is going to be made legal no matter how much the idiots and the bigots try to prevent it

Nobody on heaven or earth has the right to tell us that we cannot marry least of all the general public and the voters

No one should have the right to vote against gay marriage. It should be legalised

It is irrelevant whether everybody likes it or not. Just as it was irrelevant when interracial marriage was legalized

Last edited:
It is irrelevant whether being lgbt is a choice or not. Hope that does not sound rude Kel but really it does not matter

Whether it is or is not we deserve equal rights including the right to marry and we will have them

I think it was very clear in my post that I was talking about society as a whole...not my own personal opinion. I am a realist, I see people's perception, and I understand that that is their truth, and I work from there....forcing people to change, does not work. You do it legislatively in areas where it is needed, and you allow society to evolve. At this point, I believe what I said is the belief of society as far as the majority, not my personal opinion...if you will read the post, rather than trying find me to be something I'm not...you might understand my posts better.

I have stated, SEVERAL TIMES that I am for equality in all areas....I, however, do not agree with your over zealousness in your attempt to force people to have a paradigm change that equals yours, I've said that several times as well. True change comes with respect, I do not respect your pushiness at all, and I have a feeling it turns people off that "could/would" otherwise take a very serious look at the Gay Rights issue.

So, even though we probably agree on much more than you know....your inability to see all sides makes it very hard to have a discussion with you.

Last edited:
Gotta do what you gotta do, man. Good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"