Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the AP, a government agency that manages the canal between Mexico and the United States has begin to install life-saving buoys to prevent illegal immigrants from drowning.

*sighs*....as much as I don't want these people drowning, I don't want anyone to drown, why, why, why, why do we continue to do things that encourage illegal immigration?

1. I want them come here....LEGALLY.
2. We need them in our workforce......LEGALLY.
3. If they want to come for a number of years and work, or even become citizens, more power to them.....LEGALLY.

But, we are encouraging people to break the law, and that just is not right.

*sighs*....as much as I don't want these people drowning, I don't want anyone to drown, why, why, why, why do we continue to do things that encourage illegal immigration?

1. I want them come here....LEGALLY.
2. We need them in our workforce......LEGALLY.
3. If they want to come for a number of years and work, or even become citizens, more power to them.....LEGALLY.

But, we are encouraging people to break the law, and that just is not right.

I think the plan is to confuse potential immigrants and trick them into believing that they're actually swimming for their own recreation.

The ultimate goal is to have large numbers of illegal immigrants hit US soil and then tumble turn and swim back to where they came from of their own volition...

According to the AP, a government agency that manages the canal between Mexico and the United States has began to install life-saving buoys to prevent illegal immigrants from drowning.

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

Yes, because surely we can't ever spend our time on something worthwhile.

If you're drowning in the canal, STOP GOING INTO THE CANAL.

It's the mentality that we must save people from their own stupid behaviors.

I know people are desprate to get here, and make money. I get that. I really do. I don't get encouraging people to do it illegally.

When I was in Turkey, Kurds who crossed the border between there and Iraq were regurlarly shot and killed for doing so. I'm not saying we should go that far, but building buoys so people can not drown to cross the border illegally is just plain irresponsible. It will encourage more people because now there's less risk of doing so.

Obviously that's the most logical thing but people aren't always logical. Historically people have always been willing to risk their lives to get into this country. Not having the bouys and just allowing people to die isn't going to be a deterrent at all.

Where I live there are lots of incidents of people trying come here illegally through deserts and many die from heat stroke and dehydration. There are good samaritans who leave water and food in known crossing areas to prevent deaths and people against that too for some reason.

There are good samaritans who leave water and food in known crossing areas to prevent deaths and people against that too for some reason.

Maybe because it sends the message of "Come on in, and don't worry about the rules." Do you think there aren't illegals who come here who wouldn't have once they hear about the care packages left in the desert, or the buoys that won't let them drown?

Why don't these people who are doing all these kind gestures try to forment some changes in the countries where these people are running from? Placing water in the desert for illegals is like putting a bandaid over a hemopheliac's gaping head wound.

Maybe because it sends the message of "Come on in, and don't worry about the rules." Do you think there aren't illegals who come here who wouldn't have once they hear about the care packages left in the desert, or the buoys that won't let them drown?

Very few, potential death is not a deterrent for many of those PEOPLE. That water being there or not being there isn't going to make most reconsider coming here illegally. All the water being there does is reduce the risk of even more dead bodies being found in the desert.

Why don't these people who are doing all these kind gestures try to forment some changes in the countries where these people are running from? Placing water in the desert for illegals is like putting a bandaid over a hemopheliac's gaping head wound.

If that's the way you want to look at it why do ANY small good deed. "Why don't people who donate money to cancer research becomes scientists and help find a cure".

It's simply something that could potentially save a life. No different from donating blood.

In the end, encouraging more to make the attempt will result in more deaths.

I think I've heard this argument before:

"teaching teenagers about safe sex is encouraging them to have sex and will lead to more teen pregnancies"

They leave water in areas that these people were ALREADY crossing. The only thing that has changed is fewer people are being found dead.

My small good deed would be giving them water....as I drove them back across the border....

That's great too....I'm not for people being here illegally, I'm against people being found dead in the desert. They're going to come over here regardless. It's not like if those people don't leave water you're going to see a drop in illegal immigration.

And now it's saying that their illegal border-crossing is okay, and we will even help them make it across.

They're already across the boarder by the time they find the water. The only thing that changes by that water being there is that people don't die of dehydration or heat stroke in the desert. As far as I know that water being there hasn't increased the number of people coming into this state illegally.

It's an invitation to cross the border.

And now it's saying that their illegal border-crossing is okay, and we will even help them make it across.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

They're already across the boarder by the time they find the water. The only thing that changes by that water being there is that people don't die of dehydration or heat stroke in the desert. As far as I know that water being there hasn't increased the number of people coming into this state illegally.

Word will get back to Mexico and encourage more to try it.

It should be, it should have never been done....a massive waste of money.

Why you would spend millions upon millions on unproven technology I don't know.....

Those two girls sure know how to work a pole.

In all seriousness this further shows the joke that is Homeland Security.

Makes me wonder why the top isn't electrified.....

Making an incredibly tall blockade of incredibly thick concrete wouldn't be expensive (in comparison to most of our pet projects like wars, weapon technology both offensive/defensive/other pork barrel ****) and would be impossible to climb. That is to good of an answer but one that would cost billions of dollars for everyone on all sides.

We don't do this because its complicated. It has to do with the FED and the CIA allowing the flow of drugs to continue as a permanent end would inflict damage into their little scheme they have going on at the expense of lives of both Americans and Mexicans immigrants and trash like these smugglers, drug dealers, and other criminals.

Thats the shame. To feed the drug addiction the United States has this drug war is allowed to continue because in the end this is what feeds money into many of our supposed defensive structure against shenanigans like these.

Sad really but the truth.

Anyone remember the Penn and Teller experiment on their B******t show where they hired some Mexican day laborers to erect a 20' length of fencing similar in construction as to what is typical along the U.S./Mexico border? It took them about two hours to build it, and about two minutes to break thru it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"