• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admiral_N8 said:
There you go, trying to say Clintons lie was okay or wasnt bad because of some other wrong action.
:up:

Do you need me to pull up how many times that arguemtn has been used in defense of Bush on these boards, its astounding.

Darthphere said:
Do you need me to pull up how many times that arguemtn has been used in defense of Bush on these boards, its astounding.

Still making excuses? So you are saying since another president did something, and other posters did something, its then okay for you to do that same thing?? :down

Admiral_N8 said:
Still making excuses? So you are saying since another president did something, and other posters did something, its then okay for you to do that same thing?? :down

No, im using your arguments against you. Didnt I state this already?:confused:

Darthphere said:
No, im using your arguments against you. Didnt I state this already?:confused:

Yes you did.

I ask you a simple question, and you cant answer it :up:

again, go ahead and try without just copying what someone else says

"How do you think its okay for President Clinton to lie under oath? Is it really not a big issue for the president to lie to the country again and againd and then under oath?"

Admiral_N8 said:
Yes you did.

"How do you think its okay for President Clinton to lie under oath?"

When it involves an asinine investigation into a personal matter that shouldnt have been brought in front of a Supreme Court justice and under went impeachment proceedings over something as trivial as having an affair.

Darthphere said:
When it involves an asinine investigation into a personal matter that shouldnt have been brought in front of a Supreme Court justice and under went impeachment proceedings over something as trivial as having an affair.

Youre drunk, and still not making sense, you still dont seem to mind him lying under oath at all.

Admiral_N8 said:
Youre drunk, and still not making sense, you still dont seem to mind him lying under oath at all.

We established this 3 pages ago.

Admiral_N8 said:
You might want to remove the BBC from your list...as they have been shown to be one of the most liberally biased news sources in the West.

What's wrong with watching liberally biased news if you are a liberal?

And I don't get the BBC at my house but i watch it occasionally at other people's houses and it doesn't seem very biased. And, at least when i've watched it, they report on LOTS of different things, both interesting and important, and don't just fixate on one particular topic. Keep in mind, i don't get the BBC at my house so i don't watch it often, but this is what i recall from what i HAVE seen.

Admiral_N8 said:
Yes you did.

"How do you think its okay for President Clinton to lie under oath? Is it really not a big issue for the president to lie to the country again and againd and then under oath?"

Obviously it's wrong to lie under oath. But him lying about an affair had nothing to do with the nation's welfare or security. The LIE UNDER OATH was wrong, yes, but the AFFAIR ITSELF was pointless. It in no way affected the nation in any serious way.

SickBoy said:
What's wrong with watching liberally biased news if you are a liberal?

And I don't get the BBC at my house but i watch it occasionally at other people's houses and it doesn't seem very biased. And, at least when i've watched it, they report on LOTS of different things, both interesting and important, and don't just fixate on one particular topic. Keep in mind, i don't get the BBC at my house so i don't watch it often, but this is what i recall from what i HAVE seen.

Because you dont just want to watch things that feed you whatever you already think...to listen only to people who agree with you is not a good idea. I am sure you would agree.

SickBoy said:
Obviously it's wrong to lie under oath. But him lying about an affair had nothing to do with the nation's welfare or security. The LIE UNDER OATH was wrong, yes, but the AFFAIR ITSELF was pointless. It in no way affected the nation in any serious way.

I 100% agree.

The moment he lied under oath was when we should ALL think it was wrong...but some let their bias get in the way of that simple fact.

Admiral_N8 said:
I 100% agree.

The moment he lied under oath was when we should ALL think it was wrong...but some let their bias get in the way of that simple fact.

Goddamn bias.

Darthphere said:
You know I agree with you, its just more fun arguing against you. Plus im drunk.:(

Yes I am also not a fan of just agreeing, it is more fun to argue, makes things interesting. :up: :)

Youre a good and fast typer for a drunk though :D

Admiral_N8 said:
Yes I am also not a fan of just agreeing, it is more fun to argue, makes things interesting. :up: :)

Youre a good and fast typer for a drunk though :D

Ill take that as a compliment.

Admiral_N8 said:
Because you dont just want to watch things that feed you whatever you already think...to listen only to people who agree with you is not a good idea. I am sure you would agree.

I don't just watch/listen to liberal news. Actually i enjoy watching/listening to/reading conservative news too. I like to know how/what the other side thinks. And i don't always agree with everything either side says, but I definitely tend to agree more with the liberal news.

I don't like when either side is overly-biased to an extreme point. But I like the BBC every now and then, my step-dad watches the world news on BBC and other BBC stuff almost every night, so i watch it at his house when im visiting and I enjoy it. It doesn't appear to be extremely slanted one way or the other.

I prefer news that says what problems are going on in the world, what good things are going on in the world, etc., rather than endless commentary on one or two particular subjects.

I hate the constant debates on tv/radio over things happening in the news, where nothing ever gets properly discussed, no one can agree, nothing CONSTRUCTIVE or HELPFUL gets said, and nothing gets accomplished.

Admiral_N8 said:
I 100% agree.

True. Too many people - on BOTH sides equally, liberal and conservative - let their bias get in the way of the facts. People are too stubborn to ever change their minds or admit that they might be wrong.

SickBoy said:
I don't just watch/listen to liberal news. Actually i enjoy watching/listening to/reading conservative news too. I like to know how/what the other side thinks. And i don't always agree with everything either side says, but I definitely tend to agree more with the liberal news.

I don't like when either side is overly-biased to an extreme point. But I like the BBC every now and then, my step-dad watches the world news on BBC and other BBC stuff almost every night, so i watch it at his house when im visiting and I enjoy it. It doesn't appear to be extremely slanted one way or the other.

I prefer news that says what problems are going on in the world, what good things are going on in the world, etc., rather than endless commentary on one or two particular subjects.

I hate the constant debates on tv/radio over things happening in the news, where nothing ever gets properly discussed, no one can agree, nothing CONSTRUCTIVE or HELPFUL gets said, and nothing gets accomplished.

Ya I dont really like commentary, shows like Hannity and Colmes, they just yell and nothing gets finished.

I just dont think its right how people will just watch things they agree with.

Admiral_N8 said:
I just dont think its right how people will just watch things they agree with.

Totally! Most people don't even like to hear the opposite side of things. They are so set in what they think. It's like even if they DO see things in another way or realize they may have been wrong about something, they are way too proud to admit it. Like it will make them seem less intelligent or something. Like they're "flip-flopping" or something.

People need to know that it's more intelligent and thoughtful to consider various sides of arguments than to bullheadedly stick to one opinion no matter what. We have the ability to reason and think for ourselves, we should use it.

SickBoy said:
Totally! Most people don't even like to hear the opposite side of things. They are so set in what they think. It's like even if they DO see things in another way or realize they may have been wrong about something, they are way too proud to admit it. Like it will make them seem less intelligent or something. Like they're "flip-flopping" or something.

People need to know that it's more intelligent and thoughtful to consider various sides of arguments than to bullheadedly stick to one opinion no matter what. We have the ability to reason and think for ourselves, we should use it.

Yep, thats why coming on here is fun, because about 90% of the posters here completely disagree with me.

Admiral_N8 said:
Yep, thats why coming on here is fun, because about 90% of the posters here completely disagree with me.

Ha. yeah, it's fun to talk to people with differing opinions. And with so many different people commenting on a particular subject, you can see all different aspects of that subject and look at things in ways you never considered before. I don't know if the Hype is more liberal than not, i assume it is from what ive seen, but it can vary from topic to topic.

SickBoy said:
Ha. yeah, it's fun to talk to people with differing opinions. And with so many different people commenting on a particular subject, you can see all different aspects of that subject and look at things in ways you never considered before. I don't know if the Hype is more liberal than not, i assume it is from what ive seen, but it can vary from topic to topic.

Yeah its defiNATEly left of center.

Whats great about places like this is how absurd things are, like how spiteful and immaturely people talk to people on here, its fun.

Admiral_N8 said:
Yeah its defiNATEly left of center.

Whats great about places like this is how absurd things are, like how spiteful and immaturely people talk to people on here, its fun.

Well there are a lot of young people on here. And one thing about talking over the internet is that you lose your inhibitions and also have a lower feeling of responsibility for what you say. If we were all talking face to face in a room, i'm sure some people would act a little different.

Admiral_N8 said:
Actually the people protested against the new law partly, but they mainly wanted new legislation making it easier. I was there, and you could see it on the news, they want immigration laws changed to make it easier.

And those millions that took part in this entire thing, its a "non-issue" to them?? :rolleyes:

You think it doesnt cost America anything? Two years ago in California alone illegal immigration problem costs 10.5 BILLION dollars a year , 7.7 billion of that for educating illegal immigrants kids in public schools [where their parents dont pay into that system with property taxes like the rest of us].

Yes thats right, 10.5 BILLION dollars a year in just California alone.

Non-issue?? Righhhhhhht.

lol, I was also "there" and they only protested because this law came into play. sorry. Immigration reform cries came only AFTER the law was propossed not before.

like I said, Millions "that protested" mean nothing, if they only did "AFTER" the law was propossed and it was a dumb extremist law to begin with, If I come up with a proposed law to kill everyone whose name rimes "con" millions would also protest.
so again, I can see how they are MAKING it and issue not why is IS and issue. seems you can't tell the two apart.

and as far as the economic impact, like I ALREADY SAID economists are split on this issue, next time you try sounding condescending stick to topics you know, like golf or watercolors of Bradon Routh because on this topic your ignorance is obvious and an annoyance frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"