Discussion: Labor, Unions, and Workers' Rights

Yeah......there obviously needs to be more federal protections implemented. Half the time, this is what you get with "States Rights". You abuse people under the law and you should get smacked down.

Cool. Some years ago, my union used Southwest a lot because they were less expensive flights. The flight attendant's union was having some extended negotiations that weren't going well. If you had enough flights, they gave you little drink coupons you could exchange for beer, wine, or liquor. I always wore my button that said I supported the flight attendants in bargaining (don't remember the exact slogan). They always gave me free drinks and I never had to use my coupons. :funny:

Last edited:
Alex Stack, a spokesperson for Newsom, told the AP that the “story is absurd” and that the governor’s legal team believes Panera Bread is not exempt from the law.

To be exempt from the minimum wage law under the bakery exemption, restaurants must produce bread on-site. Newsom’s office said chain bakeries such as Panera mix dough at an off-site location and ship it to the restaurant to be baked.

Flynn reportedly told the AP that he met with Newsom’s staff about the bill but did not speak with the governor about it himself. He denied asking for special considerations and said he was surprised the exemption made it into the final piece of legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"