Discussion: Labor, Unions, and Workers' Rights

If you've collected union cards from 50% of the employees, the election is a done deal. There's a small caveat that if you are telling people to just sign so there can be a vote, that could be problematic.....not to mention stupid. If you're going into an election with 70% signing cards, the election is over. You win.

I've been involved in several organizing campaigns and we won about 3 out of 4 with "30%" of people signing cards. Of course the landscape is a lot different at the University of California, where people are spread out all over the campus and you have very, VERY diverse work groups. It's hard to get access to them and get large groups together (except in the Medical Centers).

Seen a lot of people are now deleting their profiles on it since literally the entire point of the site's anonmity is now gone.

That is too scary for words. :(
giphy.gif

[South Korean] Mailman dumps thousands of pieces of mail, says he was 'overworked'

From what I know of Korean culture, that's not an exaggeration.

Maybe he should give away some of his billions. Not like he's retiring any time soon, right? He can work until he's dead like he wants everyone else to do.

The later old people retire the less jobs for those younger. Also can’t move up the ladder when people are essentially forced to sit on the ladder and block those below.

The later old people retire the less jobs for those younger. Also can’t move up the ladder when people are essentially forced to sit on the ladder and block those below.
Interesting point....and there are more implications than I can wrap my head around right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"