Discussion: Labor, Unions, and Workers' Rights

Capitalists will replace all labor with robot/AI slave labor eventually without government intervention to stop them.
They will certainly do everything in their power in their attempts to save money. The problem, and contradiction for them is "Who will buy their goods?" This approach opens up a can of worms for capitalists, workers, and the economy.

They will certainly do everything in their power in their attempts to save money. The problem, and contradiction for them is "Who will buy their goods?" This approach opens up a can of worms for capitalists, workers, and the economy.
It would certainly c4eep me out anyhow. I like real people taking my orders. :(

It would certainly c4eep me out anyhow. I like real people taking my orders. :(
My son loves hot pot restaurants. So, we go to this place and order. There's this kinda Ipad thing on the table and you can punch in what you want if you decide to order more. The thing is that when you order, a robot with a flat head cruises over to your table with your food on it. I didn't know whether to give it a tip or pour water on it. :funny:

Capitalists will replace all labor with robot/AI slave labor eventually without government intervention to stop them.

My son loves hot pot restaurants. So, we go to this place and order. There's this kinda Ipad thing on the table and you can punch in what you want if you decide to order more. The thing is that when you order, a robot with a flat head cruises over to your table with your food on it. I didn't know whether to give it a tip or pour water on it. :funny:
Lol, too weird for me. :p

NY Times - Justice Department Said to Investigate Ticketmaster’s Parent Company
The inquiry predates the botched presale of Taylor Swift tickets this week and is said to focus on whether Live Nation has abused its power in the live music industry.

I think a lot of artists are afraid of speaking disparagingly of them because they hold all the cards and money where they make you or break you. Their power and hold has gotten worse since the large shift of money in the industry from album sales like pre-Napster to touring and live events.

Swift has only passive-agressively referred to them (not by name) and the current situation (she's being paid by them just like the rest.)

Good Morning America - Taylor Swift breaks silence on Ticketmaster drama for Eras Tour

Last edited:
Of course the leaders of southern states would be against the union.

So, here's the deal. I was a union member, steward, and officer for 30+ years. I have a particular perspective on unions, but regardless of that, is there anyone out there who doesn't think that corporations don't cooperate when it's beneficial to them?

Let me give you an example.....When the UFCW (United Food and Commercial Workers) went on strike several years ago over, mainly, healthcare benefits, I called on our members to walk their picket line. That's cooperation between unions. You want to know what the 3 major supermarkets in our vicinity did? They hired scabs and coordinated opening and closing their stores on particular days so they could staff them with these low life @#&*%s and, hopefully, not completely lose all of their revenue.

So, what these corporations are saying, through their lackeys in political positions, is "We can coordinate and support each other for our profits, but we don't want our employees to be able to do the same so they have the power to effectively fight for a decent wage."

That's it folks.....in a nutshell. Corporate America cares only about their profits. If anyone believes there's any sense of fairness or compassion in these structures.....well.....I've seen that compassion close up and personal and, if you really believe in their "compassion", I don't know what to tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"