Discussion: Online Piracy, Net Neutrality, Killswitch, and Other Internet Issues II

You know, some retrospective is needed when you find yourself siding with bigots.

The Guardian - Facebook exempts political ads from ban on making false claims
Firm quietly rescinds policy banning false advertising as UK general election looms
giphy.gif

Business Insider - Well, These New Zuckerberg IMs Won't Help Facebook's Privacy Problems (May 13, 2010)

According to SAI sources, the following exchange is between a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg and a friend shortly after Mark launched The Facebook in his dorm room:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask.
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb *****.

JUST A REMINDER...

The NY AG estimates that 9 million plus comments regarding support for the repeal of net neutrality were made by various consulting and lobbying firms. They used the names of addresses of real people, (alive and dead) to make comments showing support of the repeal. So far, their investigation has shown from real commenters that the vast majority of Republicans and Democrats support net neutrality. Up to 9.5 million net neutrality comments were made with stolen identities

Personally, I find Zuckerberg trying to rewrite history about why Facebook was created is hilarious. He is such an ash flash.

Facebook is all about the money. It makes it off personal data it sells. Privacy is the last thing Zuckerberg is concerned with.

I would wait and see just exactly what his definition of "political" is.

He's running for Governor of California just so he can run false Facebook ads - CNN

Adriel Hampton, a political activist who runs his own marketing firm in San Francisco, registered at his local post office on Monday morning as a candidate for governor of California.

Hampton told CNN Business that he will use his new status as a candidate to run false ads on Facebook about President Trump, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and other Facebook executives. He said he also plans to run false ads on Facebook about executives of Twitter, which also has a policy of not fact-checking ads run by candidates. His goal is to force Facebook to stop allowing politicians to run false ads.

If anything Facebook is what is killing the republic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"