Discussion: Relations with Russia

Trump’s idea of peace in Ukraine is to defund Zelinsky and just letting Putin have it. No war is peace, right? :rolleyes:

Question. Do we really want people this stupid in the military?

I know if I was in the service, I'd think "Hey. I've got a great idea. I'm going to go to Russia."

His win is such a joke no wonder people didn't dignify it by showing up.

Hakeem Jeffries talks American boots on the ground in Ukraine.

There’s a significant likelihood that America will have to get into the conflict,” he said. “Not simply with our money but with our servicemen and servicewomen […] It’s a Churchill or Chamberlain moment.

Jeffries is ignorant of the history of Churchill and Chamberlain, and is overestimating American power.

Hakeem Jeffries talks American boots on the ground in Ukraine.

There’s a significant likelihood that America will have to get into the conflict,” he said. “Not simply with our money but with our servicemen and servicewomen […] It’s a Churchill or Chamberlain moment.

Jeffries is ignorant of the history of Churchill and Chamberlain, and is overestimating American power.
I hope we don't send troops in. It hasn't worked out well for us lately. :(

Ukraine running out of regular men to fight? Not going well....

What I've read online, and I don't have the knowledge to gauge the truthiness:

Bombing Ukraine's electric grid costs Ukraine money, and depleted their air defense, but Russia doesn't have the option to complete the job because then the nuclear reactors there could meltdown. They need a base of electricity to run.

What I've read online, and I don't have the knowledge to gauge the truthiness:

Bombing Ukraine's electric grid costs Ukraine money, and depleted their air defense, but Russia doesn't have the option to complete the job because then the nuclear reactors there could meltdown. They need a base of electricity to run.
I'm surprised they even care if there's a meltdown. :(

Hope it accomplishes something.

Following his election victory, Putin is shuffling his cabinet.

Sergei Shoigu was the minister of defense, and will now be secretary of the security council. He's a hiking buddy of Putin, and will now apparently be in a more strategic post.

Andrei Belousov will now be secretary of defense. He has studied economics at Moscow State University, was previously deputy prime minister, and headed the intergovernmental Russian Chinese panel on investment cooperation. What I'm reading is that Putin wants an economist there to make sure that the 7% of Russian GDP going to defense is spent efficiently.

I wonder if Belousov is being groomed to be the next President.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"