Discussion: The 2024 Presidential Primaries (Both Parties)

Discuss the primaries here.

Thanks for creating this thread......but.....

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY......

Just got done watching the repub "debate" and am focusing on the second letter of the above line.

Did Pence just come off as the reasonable one on stage?? I think my head is gonna explode.....

So, here's the thing.....I never thought I'd think this, but this Ramaswamy guy gets the nod of being the biggest tool of all the tools on stage. He had some tough competition, but takes home the gold.

One of the hottest messes I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Anyone got a rusty nail? I have an itch in my eardrums and eyeballs.

MSNBC commentators said that of all the candidates only Nikki Haily and Pence were the only two that they could actually picture belonging in the Oval office. Everyone else were little more than clowns and idiots. I don't see Pence getting the nomination because too many think he failed them on Jan 6th.

Thanks for creating this thread......but.....

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY......

Just got done watching the repub "debate" and am focusing on the second letter of the above line.

Did Pence just come off as the reasonable one on stage?? I think my head is gonna explode.....

So, here's the thing.....I never thought I'd think this, but this Ramaswamy guy gets the nod of being the biggest tool of all the tools on stage. He had some tough competition, but takes home the gold.

One of the hottest messes I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Anyone got a rusty nail? I have an itch in my eardrums and eyeballs.
It’s all relative. Pence might be a disaster but will look almost reasonable when compared to the others up there.

Might need a significant pay raise, lol. :p

It would be nice if decent Democrat stepped into the race.

No one is dumb enough to primary a sitting president.

Ted Kennedy helped kill the Carter administration by running against him in 1980, which is what rightwing conspiracist sociopath Robert F. Kennedy is trying to do now to Biden. So no, there is no upside to primarying an incumbent president.

Anyway, it'll be close, unless the third party percentage shoots up and takes votes away from the R candidate or Biden. Biden's % likely peaked in 2020 like Obama peaked in 2008.

Popular Vote %
(2004-2022)
Year & President
House Ds
D
Presidential
Ticket
House Rs
R
Presidential
Ticket
2004 Bush
46.6%
48.3%
49.2%
50.7%
2006 Bush
52.0%
44.1%
2008 Bush
52.9%
52.9%
42.4%
45.6%
2010 Obama
44.8%
51.4%
2012¹ Obama
48.4%
51.0%
47.1%
47.1%
2014 Obama
44.9%
50.7%
2016² Obama
47.3%
48.0%
48.3%
45.9%
2018 Trump
52.9%
44.3%
2020 Trump
50.3%
51.3%
47.2%
46.8%
2022 Biden
47.3%
50.0%
average (midterm)
48.4%
48.1%
average (all)
48.7%
47.5%
average (pres.)
49.1%
50.3%
46.9%
47.2%
¹ Democrats led the aggregate popular vote for the House in 2012 but Republicans won a majority of seats
² The Clinton/Kaine Democratic ticket led the popular vote for the presidency/vice presidency in 2016 but the Trump/Pence Republican ticket won the electoral college
Sources: Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections, Election Statistics: 1920 to Present | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Last edited:
Then people should stop complaining about Biden and just wait.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Phillips. :(

I did think that there were very few people who liked Pence who didn't like Trump more so yes it makes sense that he would get little support or momentum. It also makes sense that he would be surprised at that, that conservatives wouldn't like, be more impressed by more standard social and fiscal conservatism but a lot of conservatives do just prioritize likelihood of winning above all.

I did think that there were very few people who liked Pence who didn't like Trump more so yes it makes sense that he would get little support or momentum. It also makes sense that he would be surprised at that, that conservatives wouldn't like, be more impressed by more standard social and fiscal conservatism but a lot of conservatives do just prioritize likelihood of winning above all.
The GOP has been hijacked by MAGA fanatics. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"