Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

Newsweek said:
However, what wasn't clear from most of these tweets and other comments is that Harris was abiding by a request to share these details for the benefit of the visually impaired.

The video of Harris was taken from a meeting with disability advocates for the 32nd anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Harris met with the group to discuss the impact of SCOTUS' decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

In other news, Andrew Yang, who was never really a Democrat, has decided he is going to start his own party, with blackjack and hookers. And despite his headline issue, has said the party has no policy issues as of now.

**** off you wanna be Elon Musk.

In other news, Andrew Yang, who was never really a Democrat, has decided he is going to start his own party, with blackjack and hookers. And despite his headline issue, has said the party has no policy issues as of now.

**** off you wanna be Elon Musk.
It’s a grift.
You two are just not thinking Forward. :awesome:

I'll let myself out...

The thing is, Sinema's little manic pixie dream politician act makes her feel unpredictable. So, while I am hopeful, there is still a little worry left. Especially if she feels she can "pull a McCain".

Still, McConnell getting a taste of his own **** is kind of satisfactory.

Some giant construction company should offer her a seat on the board of directors. That oughtta get her to go along with everything. Throw in a big campaign donation that she doesn’t have to spend on a campaign for good measure.

I think Sinema is under tremendous pressure to pass this bill and think she'll buckle (says Pollyanna). Arizona is in bad shape and bucking a bill to address that is suicide. Not everyone is going to be happy with all provisions of the bill (including me), but this has to get done.

Another thing is that Dems aren't the only ones who can get COVID. Isn't it true that if a couple of repub senators in excess of Dems came down with it, we wouldn't need Sinema? Or Sinema and another repub.

Can we get this guy and Fetterman? Please America do the right thing!

Can we get this guy and Fetterman? Please America do the right thing!

I'm thinking Dems will pick up two Senate seats at minimum (PA and WI) and keep the vulnerable ones (GA, AZ, RI, NV). The wind is at their back instead of against them.

It would be a GREAT night if there were some shock D Senate flips like in Kentucky, but I don't know about that. KY is such a long shot. NC and FL are best opportunities to flip, especially if enough moderate Rs here in NC decide on Cheri Beasley rather than MAGA Ted Budd.

Tim Ryan is running for reelection. :p
Well, he's not actually :o He's running for Senate.

I loathe his Republican-lite campaign, but can't complain of JD Vance faceplants into flipping that seat. Trump's celebrity idiot candidates could wind up costing the GOP three seats. You love to see it.

I'm thinking Dems will pick up two Senate seats at minimum (PA and WI) and keep the vulnerable ones (GA, AZ, RI, NV). The wind is at their back instead of against them.

It would be a GREAT night if there were some shock D Senate flips like in Kentucky, but I don't know about that. KY is such a long shot. NC and FL are best opportunities to flip, especially if enough moderate Rs here in NC decide on Cheri Beasley rather than MAGA Ted Budd.
Hey. Don't forget Ohio. Ryan is running a much, much better campaign than is Vance and is a stronger candidate. The last poll I saw had Ryan up by 2%. I frankly think they've got a better chance there than in Wisconsin.

EDIT: Sherrod Brown has shown that a worker friendly candidate can win in that state.

Hey. Don't forget Ohio. Ryan is running a much, much better campaign than is Vance and is a stronger candidate. The last poll I saw had Ryan up by 2%. I frankly think they've got a better chance there than in Wisconsin.

EDIT: Sherrod Brown has shown that a worker friendly candidate can win in that state.

I think gaining three D Senate seats in November is entirely possible (PA, OH, WI) and if there's massive voter turnout, potentially more (maybe Kunce in MO?). The environment for Republicans isn't going to improve going into the fall.

People HAVE to vote though. The environment for Ds keeping the House is greatly improving but that could change. People can't get complacent and stay home.

I think gaining three D Senate seats in November is entirely possible (PA, OH, WI) and if there's massive voter turnout, potentially more (maybe Kunce in MO?). The environment for Republicans isn't going to improve going into the fall.

People HAVE to vote though. The environment for Ds keeping the House is greatly improving but that could change. People can't get complacent and stay home.
100 days is a long way off when it comes to elections. Inflation and the economy are obviously going to be a big determinants. If things pick up, it's "possible" that Dems hold the house; although that seems unlikely at this point.

If you see gas prices come down, get some 4% inflation numbers, add a few jobs, and get some bills passed by the legislature.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"