Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

Par for the course.

But that's it.

Mitch has seen to it that ANYTHING the House does will be held in limbo forever.

But the House Dems can say, rightfully, that the disfunction is not on their hands.

That said... Pelosi absolutely should be bringing up impeachment for Barr. The principals are the same with the Trump impeachment. Plus... I think the case against Barr is a slam dunk in terms of public reaction. And use the full power. Tie Barr and Trump up in court if necessary.

Same with the issues with voter access. If not soon then before the election the Dems absolutely need to address the out in the open voter suppression going on.

if Dems take the senate........DC becomes 51st state.....and believe me, some are salivating at the prospect (including me). Puerto Rico too. Right? :cwink:

Par for the course.

But that's it.

Mitch has seen to it that ANYTHING the House does will be held in limbo forever.

But the House Dems can say, rightfully, that the disfunction is not on their hands.

That said... Pelosi absolutely should be bringing up impeachment for Barr. The principals are the same with the Trump impeachment. Plus... I think the case against Barr is a slam dunk in terms of public reaction. And use the full power. Tie Barr and Trump up in court if necessary.

Same with the issues with voter access. If not soon then before the election the Dems absolutely need to address the out in the open voter suppression going on.

If Pelosi thought this would advance the Dem's cause in November, it would be done. Say what you will about Nancy, but she is a tough as nails, shrewd political operator. She has a plan and keeps an iron clad grip on her party in the house. Those people who were talking about replacing her, were pissing in the wind. That had no chance of succeeding and she's brought pretty much everyone on to her playbook. At least that's how I read it.

My take is that Barr is gone and there is a full blown investigation into all of these shenanigans and Biden keeps his distance.

Washington DC has more population than Wyoming. So you are saying Wyoming has more of a right of representation than DC residents. And frankly, statehood would help resolve some of the odd legal curiousities that exist in DC.
And Vermont and close to Dakotas and so forth.

Anyway, agree.

Washington DC has more population than Wyoming. So you are saying Wyoming has more of a right of representation than DC residents. And frankly, statehood would help resolve some of the odd legal curiousities that exist in DC.
I wouldnt be opposed to DC residents being represented by Virginia's or Maryland's legislature. But DC should not be a state.

So I feel vindicated somewhat that Stewart wanted Warren and Sanders.

I wouldnt be opposed to DC residents being represented by Virginia's or Maryland's legislature. But DC should not be a state.
The intention is D.C. itself become a state but everything Federal Government remain stateless. So basically the people around the Capitol but not the capitol areas themselves.

I’m all for pushing a more progressive agenda but this is stupid on the Democrats part. They won’t be in power forever and you know Republicans will abuse it. They learned nothing from when they got rid of the filibuster for federal judge nominations. I understand why they did it, but that set a precedence for Republicans to get rid of it for the Supreme Court.

Filibuster reform gains steam with Democrats

I’m all for pushing a more progressive agenda but this is stupid on the Democrats part. They won’t be in power forever and you know Republicans will abuse it. They learned nothing from when they got rid of the filibuster for federal judge nominations. I understand why they did it, but that set a precedence for Republicans to get rid of it for the Supreme Court.

Filibuster reform gains steam with Democrats

It's a tough call, no doubt. Personally, I'm for changing the rules.

I think the lesson from last time was not to wait 6 years. Harry Reid and Obama played nice for 6 years, and only changed the rules in the last 2. In my mind, that was the real problem from last time.

Let's not let it happen again. If Democrats are in power, they deserve the chance to pass legislation.

It's a tough call, no doubt. Personally, I'm for changing the rules.

I think the lesson from last time was not to wait 6 years. Harry Reid and Obama played nice for 6 years, and only changed the rules in the last 2. In my mind, that was the real problem from last time.

Let's not let it happen again. If Democrats are in power, they deserve the chance to pass legislation.

This.

If Warren is not named VP, she will push for filibuster reform in the Senate (along with the new Democratic Senators). If they're not going to whittle it down to a simple majority, then paring it down from 60 to 55 votes should work.

The intention is D.C. itself become a state but everything Federal Government remain stateless. So basically the people around the Capitol but not the capitol areas themselves.

Yeah. I heard the mayor explain that.

So tomorrow we will see if Booker or McGrath won in Kentucky.

I hope whoever wins unseats Moscow Mitch in November.
They're nearly tied right now, so it's a close one. McGrath may resonate more with Kentuckians, but Booker is big proponent of the BLM movement.

So tomorrow we will see if Booker or McGrath won in Kentucky.

I think McGrath is more likely to unseat McConnell, but, TBH, neither has a particularly great chance. If only.......

They're nearly tied right now, so it's a close one. McGrath may resonate more with Kentuckians, but Booker is big proponent of the BLM movement.

BLM is gaining positive momentum around the country.

It would be poetic justice for McConnell to be voted out along with the one-term loser he helped enable for the past 3.5 years -- and replaced by a true patriot. Doubly so if it's Booker.

Actually I read that most of McGrath’s donation money came from out of state from Democrats who want her to defeat Mitch while Booker got most of his money from Kentuckians

Ugh Hickenlooper won his... The man who said he would never vote for Medicare for All.

Ugh Hickenlooper won his... The man who said he would never vote for Medicare for All.

Do you see this as similar to the situation in Kentucky (Booker v McGrath)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"