Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

Taniel: “JUST IN: Democrats won two special elections for the Michigan House. Their wins were expected (both were Dem-held seats), but important: this restores Dems’ majority in the state House, AND by extension Dems’ trifecta control in Michigan.”

Taniel: “JUST IN: Democrats won two special elections for the Michigan House. Their wins were expected (both were Dem-held seats), but important: this restores Dems’ majority in the state House, AND by extension Dems’ trifecta control in Michigan.”
Any time a Republican loses, it's a great day for America.

The man who could have been, should have been Vice President on the Democratic ticket in 2000 has died. He wasn't perfect, but preferably to Lieberman.

Bob Graham, longtime US senator and 2-term Florida governor, dies​

Nice! Hope more states can pull this off.

Partially true.

It's the case that domestically, cars like the Hyundai Accent, the Kya Rio, the Toyota Yaris, etc are no longer available, never mind their long forgotten Ford and GM equivalents. Automakers are targetting people who want $40,000 cars, not those who want $20,000 cars, the latter are now excluded. The lowest "get-out-the-door" price for a new car is probably around $30,000. Might be slightly lower in some states with lower registration and sales taxes.

It's also the case that America needs to reindustrialize, or it will die. The best way to do that is with large tarrifs.

I don't agree with the last paragraph. China is a powerful, rich, populous, culturally, and scientifically advanced country. It produces 5 million STEM graduates a year. It was going to learn how to make excellent vehicles regardless of Musk. It was able to make its own covid vaccine, it makes better high-speed rail, and it is rapidly catching up to Intel/AMD in the development of semiconductors. They have world-class telescopes set for launch that will be on par with some of NASA's best work. The era of White-majority countries automatically y have a strong advantage everything is over, and no, scientists and engineers in non-White countries aren't simply "copying", they are creative in their own right.
I trust certain white democracies over the CCP who routinely steal and sabotage corporate data. By doing this they have a huge advantage.

I don't care if they're non-white.They're snakes screwing over their citizens and the global community.

Even what they do to Tibet would be insidious on its own.

The man who could have been, should have been Vice President on the Democratic ticket in 2000 has died. He wasn't perfect, but preferably to Lieberman.

Bob Graham, longtime US senator and 2-term Florida governor, dies​

I trust certain white democracies over the CCP who routinely steal and sabotage corporate data. By doing this they have a huge advantage.

I don't care if they're non-white.They're snakes screwing over their citizens and the global community.

My focus is generally on political and economic structures rather than race (though race is clearly an issue) or location. The implications of a political monopoly can literally ruin the potential of economic innovation that could benefit the vast majority of the population. Now, the US isn't innocent, but I believe the safeguards in our political/election system are relatively advanced when compared to some of these deformed political systems you see in authoritarian countries. It's a complicated situation where the beneficiaries of the economic system use their influence/money to control, or at least heavily influence, the political structure; which then passes laws that benefit the economic elites. It's essentially a self sustaining system....until people wake up and it isn't.

Anyway, this is a longer discussion.....but basically, there's not a country in the world that doesn't have a problem, but I get sick or listening to sycophants who only put forward a positive view of authoritarian regimes and ignore the issues of the countries they seem to support. Fortunately, I don't have to see some of that crap anymore.

I appreciate you expressing strong disagreement based on argumentation rather than personal invective. In contrast:

I get sick or listening to sycophants who only put forward a positive view of authoritarian regimes and ignore the issues of the countries they seem to support. Fortunately, I don't have to see some of that crap anymore.
A malicious personal attack on multiple fronts, not accurate, ignores all of the actual points made, and might be against the rules.

In terms of corporate espionage, the reality is that they're building their own things now. I think I mentioned the COVID vaccines, and it's a good example, they also developed their own vaccines (as did several other countries), and they used different technology.

Arizona would be a horrible place to live if Kari Lake had won her race against Hobbs. Thankfully, she's able to veto every piece of stupid legislation the Arizona Republicans send her way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"