Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC Party II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlosser85

Civilian
Reaction score
But I have to ask, just -how much- of an impact can these isolated instances have on the results of a -national election-, primary or otherwise? You have these instances happening to hundreds, or even thousands of people, but these national elections are won by thousands, or even tens and hundreds of thousands of votes.

Sometimes a few thousand votes decide an election.

Also, even if it "only" happens to a few hundred people, that's still unacceptable.

And I'm also sure that if we wanted to find it, we could find the same types of things happening on the right as well

Everyone here knows I'm a liberal, but "the right does it too" is no excuse.

I'm torn on the whole 'Let's tie everything back to Bush' tactics. On one hand, it's tired and played out. On the other, the GOP is clearly not offering anything new.

Autographs & Photo Ops Pre-Sells Available Now! Don't Miss Your Chance To Meet Rod Blagojevich!
Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich To Appear @ Chicago Comic Con Rod's Appeal: Blagojevich To Appear At Chicago Comic Con!

Former Illinois Governor To Sign Autographs, Pose For Pictures, Meet Fans At Pop Culture Festival Saturday!

The verdict is in! Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich will appear at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con on Saturday at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill. Blagojevich will sign autographs, pose for pictures and meet fans at the pop culture convention.

The photo session will begin at 10:30 a.m., with autographs to follow at 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.

“I'm looking forward to meeting loyal supporters and other fans on Saturday,” said Blagojevich, whose many recent television appearances included a stint on “Celebrity Apprentice.”

“Wizard World Chicago Comic Con is all about pop culture, and Rod Blagojevich is as relevant to today's news as it gets,” said Gareb Shamus, CEO of Wizard Entertainment. “We think the court of public opinion will show him to be a popular figure at the show.”

Blagojevich joins 500 other celebrities, artists and industry pros at Chicago Comic Con, which continues through Sunday. William Shatner, Adam West, Linda Hamilton and James Marsters are among the stars in attendance.
Chicago Comic Con runs from August 19-22, 2010 at the Rosemont Convention Center. This major pop-culture convention brings together fans of comics, toys, collectibles and offers a chance to see actors, writers, artists that each industry has to offer.

For more Chicago Comic Con guest and programming updates, become a fan of CHICAGO COMIC CON on Facebook!

Save up to 15 percent off the price of tickets by ordering your tickets in advance. Tickets are more at the door.

I'm going there tomorrow. I just heard about the ex-governor being there tonight. I'm still in shock about this. He. Just. Wont. Go. Away. :doh:

I hope there's a fruit stand nearby, so people can pelt him.

He will at least get to know what its like to get mocked by guys dressed like the Joker.

He's trying to get a reality show...so he can't go away.....he's working hard for that show.

Just got back from CC. He was announced over the loudspeaker four times and he was booed each time. I didnt bother looking for him so I cant say what the scene around him was like.

Oh, and darn Kristanna Loken is tall! :wow: I'm 6'1'' and she towered over me.

Just sayin.

Last edited:
Just got back from CC. He was announced over the loudspeaker four times and he was booed each time. I didnt bother looking for him so I cant say what the scene around him was like.

Just sayin.

And yet she can't get casted in a comic book movie to save her life. :csad:

And yet she can't get casted in a comic book movie to save her life. :csad:

I know. I saw her and was like "Why the blazes isnt she in Thor? She's enormous (in a good way) and is even Scandinavian." Too bad.

Anyway, I'm glad that Rod got such a cold shoulder yesterday. I am kind of disappointed that I didnt get to see him getting snubbed by his "loyal fans." I cant believe he was charging $50 for an autograph when the people that fans actually came to see were charging $20. Typical politician. Completely out of touch.

Just sayin.

:funny:

Anyone see that animated 3d short of Blagojevich?

[YT]3n9ng5h2Nuk[/YT]

Very nice, dox. The way things are going here in Illinois, we may see a short featuring Pat Quinn, too. A whole series of animated shorts could be done on IL governors.

I'm going there tomorrow. I just heard about the ex-governor being there tonight. I'm still in shock about this. He. Just. Wont. Go. Away. :doh:
And he's charging $50 for an autograph and $80 to take a photo with him.

To tell you the truth, I would so pay $80 to get my photo with Rod Blagojevich. It would be the coolest conversation piece ever.

As long I'm allowed to make any face, any gesture I want, I'd gladly pay 80 dollars. Seriously, going to a comic book convention and charging money for autographs? "Whatta *****e."

He doesn't have a job, and he has a hell of a lot of lawyer bills, if people will pay for them.......why not?

It will be interesting to see how many votes he takes away from Crist. I hope Rubio is as awesome as he could be.

You are right, he's not. But he seems to be a step in the right direction.

Furthermore, if the question is multiple choice and the three answers are Meeks, Crist and Rubio - Rubio is indeed the right answer. There is no reasonable alternative in the group.

I don't think we are going to see an "answer" come from the Republican Party until I run ;)

Rubio is not the answer.

True, and to piggy back on what stormy just said...

I voted for Obama, NOT because I thought he was the answer, but I thought he was a step in the right direction.......that hasn't worked out so well.

You are right, he's not. But he seems to be a step in the right direction.

Furthermore, if the question is multiple choice and the three answers are Meeks, Crist and Rubio - Rubio is indeed the right answer. There is no reasonable alternative in the group.

I don't think we are going to see an "answer" come from the Republican Party until I run ;)

We'll have to discuss your platform before you run. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back