• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Almost every red state relies heavily on Federal Aid which is lost on these morons and the people who vote for them.
I'm sure their politicians conveniently leave that bit out.

Almost every red state relies heavily on Federal Aid which is lost on these morons and the people who vote for them.
Reminds me of a friend of mine. (Decent guy except for his politics.) He was telling me that he was at the social services office turning in some paperwork for his son, who received services through Medicaid. He dragged on for 10 minutes about how terrible entitlement programs were and about how everyone who gets Medicaid are lazy. But his hypocrisy was not registering and it didn’t occur to him that he was there to turn in his paperwork for a government program.

States/D.C. Biden won (57% of the electoral college) account for 62% of the U.S. economy (Q3 2022) (excluding territories). States Trump won account for 38% (43% of the electoral college).

GDP by State | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

(If we're breaking it down to only counties not states, the disparity was/is even bigger.)

Wall Street Journal - Biden Counties Account for 70% of U.S. GDP (November 2020)

Last edited:
Daily Kos - Pro-Putin GOP continues attack on Biden for (checks notes) historic trip to war-torn Ukraine (liberal blog)

The New Republic - How the GOP Lost Its Brain
The recent fight over the speakership proved the point yet again: Today’s Republican Party is driven by egos and power rivalries, not ideas. The GOP once had ideas—lots of them. The problem was that they were unpopular and bad.

Detroit Free Press - I spent a night at The Nuthouse and glimpsed the future of the Michigan Republican Party (column)
I went to the Nuthouse to gain insights into who Michigan Republicans would choose for their next leader.

Last edited:
Taniel, BoltsMag EIC: “Dems tonight —won a legislative special in NH, overperforming Biden in 2020 —won a congressional special in VA, also overperforming Biden —won a legislative special in KY, also overperforming Biden For now, they're also overperforming Biden in the supreme court first round in WI.”

“So, Wisconsin Republicans appear to be moving through to the state Supreme Court runoff a former justice who lost his seat by 10 points in 2020, and was recently revealed to have been in touch with those conspiring to reverse the 2020 presidential election.” “Confirmed: Daniel Kelly moves to the Wisconsin runoff. He'll face Janet Protasiewicz, who'll be the liberal candidate.” “With nearly all ballots counted in Wisconsin, the two liberal candidates combined for 54%, and the two conservatives combined for 46%. A very strong showing for the de-facto Democrats. (Very few recent precedents; in 2020, the liberals combined for 49.9% & then 55% in runoff.)”

Overall a horrible Election Day yesterday for Republicans and a good one for Democrats.

Last edited:
Oh, boo hoo. Besides, I thought he was acquitted.

Reminds me of a time when I got an (supposedly) overnight prepaid envelope from some dirtbag, right wing organization asking me to send them money so they could build their coalition.

I sent them a brick from my backyard along with a note telling them that they should use it to start building their coalition. I'm pretty sure the shipping costs were based on weight.

Never got another one of those. So sad......

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"