Disney Buys Marvel!

So this is basically the equivalent of Warner Bros. owning DC right?

According to Quesada's Twitter feed, it'll be similar to the Disney/Pixar relationship.

I don't think this is going to lead to them making Marvel becoming more "kid-friendly" at all. Keep in mind, Disney isn't just about the shows on their channel or cartoons anymore, they're just at the top of a bigger umbrella. They own Miramax, and last I remember, they didn't have a problem with them releasing Tarantino movies.

I think all you people concerned with them messing with Deadpool and Punisher can relax.

The only good I can see coming from this is maybe they'll now force them to undo the deal Spider-Man made with the devil.

yeah, instead it can be a deal with Cruella De Ville

"You bring me puppies every week, and no one knows your past!"

I'm not worried about the maturity of the content, personally. I'm concerned that they may start trying to cost-cut and that'll affect the quality of Marvel's products. But all we can do is wait and see and hope for the best. If it's gonna be like the Disney/Pixar relationship, I'm not worried at all. Pixar's still doing the best animated work in the film industry, after all.

I'm not worried about the maturity of the content, personally. I'm concerned that they may start trying to cost-cut and that'll affect the quality of Marvel's products. But all we can do is wait and see and hope for the best. If it's gonna be like the Disney/Pixar relationship, I'm not worried at all. Pixar's still doing the best animated work in the film industry, after all.

I seriously doubt cost-cutting will be an issue. If anything, I think this could lead to an even bigger expansion of their comics line since their budget just got much bigger. I would be surprised if they didn't expand on the Marvel Adventures line, for example.

Could be. Maybe we'll finally see Marvel branch out from superheroes more and/or expand their Icon line.

Ooh, I wonder if Greg Wiseman is still interested in doing Gargoyles comics and if the license could be retrieved from SLG. They put out some solid Gargoyles comics but Marvel could easily provide better artists and probably put them on a more consistent schedule.

Disney? Does this mean no more R-rated Punisher films in the near future?

I think the fact that Punisher sucks at the box office means no more R-rated Punisher films, not Disney.

People, Disney is not just a cartoon company. The are the largest entertainment conglomerate on the planet. They will not have Spider-Man fighting Pinocchio or any nonsense like that. Odds are that we will not notice a difference, but rather Avengers will have a larger budget and Marvel animation will get significantly better. There is no way this will effect creative at all.

Could be. Maybe we'll finally see Marvel branch out from superheroes more and/or expand their Icon line.

I would love to see this.

But even if you look at how Disney handles the comics based on their own properties, they will most definitely have to deal with Marvel in a completely different way, so the only thing we can do is to wait and see what happens.

Ooh, I wonder if Greg Wiseman is still interested in doing Gargoyles comics and if the license could be retrieved from SLG. They put out some solid Gargoyles comics but Marvel could easily provide better artists and probably put them on a more consistent schedule.
I don't think SLG has the license any longer. They couldn't pay what Disney wanted for the rights, and that's why the comic fell by the wayside and out of publication.

Oh, I didn't know that. Did Bad Guys ever finish? I was enjoying that series a lot--even more than the regular Gargoyles comic. But it took like a year between #2 and 3.

I love your avatar, by the way. Those things are like nails on a chalkboard to me. :D

Do the odds increase for lesser polarized superheroes getting their own films now? I'm really hoping that Black Panther gets heavy consideration in the near future.

Maybe now we can get all of the characters in one universe for a change without legal haggles...

Maybe this way we can get Spectacular Spider-man season3 up!!! :D Anyhow i demand Donald Duck + Deadpool crossover!

Donald Duck should become a Nova Centurion and fight the Daffy Duck Green Lantern in the next Marvel/DC crossover. :D

I don't care if they **** with the movies and make them sucky. Just leave the publishing side alone please. :(

Donald Duck should become a Nova Centurion and fight the Daffy Duck Green Lantern in the next Marvel/DC crossover. :D
That might just happen now that Disney has Marvel. Make a crossover film like Roger Rabbit.

Yeah isn't Spec. Spidey airing on a Disney channel? I watch em online so I wasn't sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"