The Disney owns Fox thread

Well no, not really... it's the cost of Murdoch deciding to sell 20th Century Fox.

And then Disney bought it which all those fans cheered on. Now Fox is going to get neutered but hey, X-Men is now part of the MCU so totally worth it to no longer have competition that actually produces R-rated films.

I don't really care about the other films. I agree with Psy

And then Disney bought it which all those fans cheered on. Now Fox is going to get neutered but hey, X-Men is now part of the MCU so totally worth it to no longer have competition that actually produces R-rated films.

or just movies outside of franchises in general from the sounds of it

I thought they wanted to compete with streaming

It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool. As long as we let the audiences know what’s coming, we think we can manage that fine. - Bob Iger, December 2017

Why are we ignoring Iger's words but taking a clickbait article as gospel?

Aliens? Predator? Potentially never coming back. Yeah, hope you MCU fans are happy because **** you Disney. Get off your family friendly high horse.

Why are we ignoring Iger's words but taking a clickbait article as gospel?
Wall Street Journal
You only watch franchise films? Ever?

I don't care about Alien or Die Hard. This is more important in my book:
avengers-and-x-men-movie-crossover.jpg

Still better than what Comcast would have brought with their rampant anti-consumerism and push for the destruction of Net Neutrality. Let's give all the content to the most stifling ISP in America. That will work out great!

Comcast would have been worse and I have said that before. It's just unfortunate that Disney might try and do to Fox if the reports are accurate. If there were an acceptable alternative but sadly there wasn't.

Comcast would have been worse and I have said that before. It's just unfortunate that Disney might try and do to Fox if the reports are accurate. If there were an acceptable alternative but sadly there wasn't.

In an ideal world Fox wouldn't have been sold at all, but Murdoch was determined.

I have only heard about Aliens/ Predator/ Fantastic Four and have never seen any of those movies so I don't particularly care about whether Disney buys FOX or not but I don't think people should be shamed just because they get excited about the prospect of FF returning to Marvel studio and don't care about whatever else (Aliens, Predator, R-rated Marvel movies, etc.) Not everyone likes Deadpool and Logan that much.

It's still incredibly short-sighted to say that. You don't care about it therefore none of it is important. I don't care about the FF getting into the MCU so therefore it shouldn't be as important as losing a few thousand jobs, decades of movie history, the loss of competition in the movie industry or the way Disney will remove one of the major adult-oriented studios that has been around for almost a century.

But that's just me. I really could give a **** that the X-Men and Fanstastic Four can play with the Avengers now.

Even though the article says that Disney will release any Fox titles in post-production or filming, it doesn't say whether they'll be released by Disney themselves, which makes me think they'll offload the smaller films and R-rated titles with rival distributors.

Not to mention that Fox still has four years left on their output deal with HBO, which Disney will have to buy out their deal or let it expire at the end of 2022.

Why don’t Disney just create an off shoot studio to handle the R rated films and franchises?

Another thing they could do is sell off the franchises like Predator and Aliens etc.

I'm never excited when one company consolidates it's power in any given industry. Do we get The Shape of Water or Logan if Disney owns Fox? I worry about what this does for creativity and diversity in the industry.

I have only heard about Aliens/ Predator/ Fantastic Four and have never seen any of those movies so I don't particularly care about whether Disney buys FOX or not but I don't think people should be shamed just because they get excited about the prospect of FF returning to Marvel studio and don't care about whatever else (Aliens, Predator, R-rated Marvel movies, etc.) Not everyone likes Deadpool and Logan that much.

It's still incredibly short-sighted to say that.

Ok so you just shamed me because I don't care about whatever happens with the Disney-FOX deal. Thankfully that's just you.

What about stuff like avatar? I know disney has the avatar rides etc but would they give cameron less production money then he was getting from fox?

Ok so you just shamed me because I don't care about whatever happens with the Disney-FOX deal. Thankfully that's just you.
I really don't see why you are so defensive over it if you feel no shame.

I really don't see why you are so defensive over it if you feel no shame.

You can see that I didn't even get into this thread for ages so my first post in this page isn't about me. I posted it because I saw that other people (namely psylockolussus and Marvel united, and perhaps many lurkers) get shamed and guilt tripped just because they are excited about the Disney-FOX deal. People are allowed to like something without being guilt tripped over it.

I don't really care about whether strangers on the internet think I am short-sighted or not, but I have the right to be respected, and other people should know that they also have the right to ask to be respected. That's why I don't stay silent when people offend me, even when I'm not bothered by it, I raised my voice because it is not right.

And tbh implying "If you raise your voice and be "defensive" because you're an oversensitive snowflake feeling shamed about little things" is manipulative af.

Man, I really hope the mouse leave Fox Searchlight alone. They have released some of the years best films.

Birdman
Black Swan
The Shape of Water

And many more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi