The Disney owns Fox thread

It is important to note that once the final Fox produced X-Men films are out there,

anything in this mutant Superhero universe will all be MCU going forward.
So if there is anything that people don't like about the new version of X-Men, it will all be on Marvel, although most people will probably blame Disney instead of Marvel.

You can see that I didn't even get into this thread for ages so my first post in this page isn't about me. I posted it because I saw that other people (namely psylockolussus and Marvel united, and perhaps many lurkers) get shamed and guilt tripped just because they are excited about the Disney-FOX deal. People are allowed to like something without being guilt tripped over it.

I don't really care about whether strangers on the internet think I am short-sighted or not, but I have the right to be respected, and other people should know that they also have the right to ask to be respected. That's why I don't stay silent when people offend me, even when I'm not bothered by it, I raised my voice because it is not right.

And tbh implying "If you raise your voice and be "defensive" because you're an oversensitive snowflake feeling shamed about little things" is manipulative af.
So you jumped in here to defend something that never once mentioned you prior to it to call out people who are in turn unhappy with how this affects Fox and how indifferent other members were because you think it is shaming?

We get it, you don't care. No one asked you to come in and try to pull some kind of reverse shaming or whatever this is because we equally, do not care about your opinion.

Which is ironic because I have no idea why I'm telling you that. Go about your business.:yay:

The article mentioned that Fox Searchlight was set to survive the acquisition.

I get that people care about other people losing jobs and the main Fox studio disappearing. Murdoch apparently wanted to sell so a merger became inevitable. It is sad. But I also think it's weird that people care about stagnant franchises like Die Hard and Alien, franchises that peaked with the first movie and have been running on fumes since the 90's. Do you guys really want to see the planned Die Hard: Year One misguided prequel in the works? Or the next Prometheus?

Lastly, as a fan of the X-Men it is incredibly exciting to think of the possibilities of the MCU handling that franchise. Also, the X-Men are a huge undertaking and surely that will require jobs for other people in the movie industry.

I get that people care about other people losing jobs and the main Fox studio disappearing. Murdoch apparently wanted to sell so a merger became inevitable. It is sad. But I also think it's weird that people care about stagnant franchises like Die Hard and Alien, franchises that peaked with the first movie and have been running on fumes since the 90's. Do you guys really want to see the planned Die Hard: Year One misguided prequel in the works? Or the next Prometheus?

Lastly, as a fan of the X-Men it is incredibly exciting to think of the possibilities of the MCU handling that franchise. Also, the X-Men are a huge undertaking and surely that will require jobs for other people in the movie industry.

Yes, that's probably the most bizarre thing to me. I get the lost jobs but the rest? R-Rated movies will still be made people, someone else will pick-up the mantle, come on now. And with Netflix and Amazon Disney is lightyears away from a monopoly in any conceivable form now that the market's changing so quickly.

Maybe there are fans of the Die Hard and Alien franchises who are looking forward to the next installments, You don't have to put a damper on their enthusiasm just because you are not one of them.

Maybe there are fans of the Die Hard and Alien franchises who are looking forward to the next installments, You don't have to put a damper on their enthusiasm just because you are not one of them.

Sure, but what makes them different from the FF or X-Men Marvel "fanboys" people are so derisively calling out in this thread?

Not all members of the Hype are cut from the same cloth.
I have not used "Fanboys" as a divisive term against others here.

Man, I really hope the mouse leave Fox Searchlight alone. They have released some of the years best films.

Birdman
Black Swan
The Shape of Water

And many more.

I guess I can appreciate those movies for the oscar bait they are. But I'm not a "Best picture" watching kind of man....

UNLESS BLACK PANTHER GETS NOMINATED!!!!

I bet disney is glad to have a backdoor studio to a few oscars (outside of animation) though. I doubt they touch that branch at all.

There are lots of them but it's difficult for them to be a fanBOY. It might seem unfair but it is what it is.

Welp, im done with the hype until this latest embarrassment leaves my memory.

Posts like this is the reason i cant get to a 1000.

Good day sir.

I meant my embarrassment for not catching the fanBOY reference.

Last edited:
Disney has no incentive to make mid budget dramas which is basically what Fox Searchlight does. Disney would rather produce a 100m budgeted blockbuster than 3 30m budgeted drama/rom-com/comedies. There's more money to be made through toys, merch, ancillary sales, theme parks, rides etc off of a blockbuster. They can monetize the big budget movies for years using different avenues. They can't do that with smaller films. So a single 100m budget movie doing well is preferable to 3 30m budget films doing well. Since the latter barely contributes to the overall bottom line. Disney probably sees these mid budget movies as a hindrance to the bottom line so they've stopped doing them altogether. So it'll be very interesting to see what Disney does with Fox Searchlight.

Horn's the fool that fired Gunn, but he has a good resume at WB and Disney so I guess there are worse people that Watts and Fox could be answering too. Tho Watts better go through her social media accounts with a fine toothed comb and scrub anything "unbefitting" a Disney employee.

Not sure. Might be good in the short term at least. The buyout is enough trouble and could stalling a lot of potential deals or projects. If they add to that by bringing in new leadership who may or may want to start with a fresh slate it could result in chaos for the studio and employees.

I've been reading a book on the making of Princess Bride and twice when trying to get that book adapted to film the project was killed because the execs who were trying to get it made were fired and their replacements didnt want to do any projects the former executive had started. In one case the film was right at the greenlight stage when the exec was fired and the whole thing collapsed like a house of cards. That probably happens in Hollywood more than we know.

So it might be better for now if Watts stays on and isnt replaced right away.

Crazy idea: Watts stays on at Fox for now. But eventually Dinsey hands the Fox reigns to Kevin Feige about the time the MCU starts folding the Fox Marvel properties into the MCU. Doing so would tie Feige, Disney, the MCU, and Fox's Marvel properties up nicely with a neat bow on top. But perhaps that's more than Feige would or could want to deal with.

Last edited:
The Chinese government approved it.

America, India, the Europe and now China. There's no stopping this now.

Disney/Fox Deal Takes Yet Another Big Step Forward

I'm not sure why it matters what other countries think of mergers in the US or why it would matter in any other country what their companies do but it is a global business.

I'm not sure why it matters what other countries think of mergers in the US or why it would matter in any other country what their companies do but it is a global business.

What don't you get about there being a 20th Century Fox branch in almost every country, with employees and everything? The merger doesn't only affect companies and businesses in the US.

What don't you get about there being a 20th Century Fox branch in almost every country, with employees and everything? The merger doesn't only affect companies and businesses in the US.
I get that but I also don't see why those countries have any more right to allow or deny it than if two large companies based in say Germany or China decided to merge and they had to get permission from everyone else.

I get that but I also don't see why those countries have any more right to allow or deny it than if two large companies based in say Germany or China decided to merge and they had to get permission from everyone else.

Nope, I don't think you get it. In fact, I don't think you're even thinking about anything else than "the Fox characters will join the MCU".
If a German company has extended its activity as much as Disney and Fox have, they would need to get permission from the other countries in which they are active, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"