Disney Purchases LucasFilm, Confirms Star Wars: Episode VII

Yeah sorry Guillermo, as much as we all want to see that Justice League Dark movie, it's never gonna happen. Mostly because we all want to see it.

To be fair though, Hollywood does the exact same thing. I mean, how many franchises are Chris Hemsworth, Michael Fassbender, Jeremy Renner, etc. apart of purely because of the rep they created for themselves?

To be fair though, Hollywood does the exact same thing. I mean, how many franchises are Chris Hemsworth, Michael Fassbender, Jeremy Renner, etc. apart of purely because of the rep they created for themselves?

It's a bit different with acting since a lot of these guys will do movies back to back or sometimes overlap and are filming two movies at the same time. A director really can't direct two movies at the same time. Hence, why Whedon won't be directing a new Star Wars movie unless he drops out of Avengers.

Yes, but Nolan could. :o

Seriously though, I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying everyone's guilty of it.

Yes, but Nolan could. :o

Seriously though, I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying everyone's guilty of it.

I don't think Nolan would want to take on another franchise, one especially where he won't be given carte blanche to do what he wants like he was with Batman.

I was joking. I know he wouldn't.

Look bro, you're confusing me this morning.

As much as I LOVE Nolan I don't know if he could tell a story with out "grounding it". I don't know why but I get the impression he just doesn't like to tell extreme fantasy/magical stories.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong though.

Nolan could ground a SW film to suite his tastes. I mean, Inception was basically a film adaption of a Dungeons and Dragons session with rogues and a couple of psionic mages. If anything it'd probably play up the Sci-Fi elements of the SW universe moreso than the Science-Fantasy. However I believe he's going to want to work on some smaller stuff for the time being.

Inception was on the border between science fiction and fantasy. Nolan can direct in the genres, but prefers to focus mostly on films that downplay the fantastic elements.

Which isn't what SW is about. Yeah, it got into a lot of political **** in the prequels, but fans griped about that.

Nolan wouldn't be the right fit for a Star Wars film. Sure, Inception and The Prestige had fantasy elements, but they are downplayed. Star Wars is fantasy on a grandiose scale. Nolan can direct a fantastic Star Wars film, but he won't try to tackle it because it isn't his cup of tea.

No lie, I'd like to see Spielberg finally nail down Star Wars film. Of course, that's if Cuarón, Aronofsky, or Del Toro don't get the opportunity.

It's amazing that whenever some geek movie franchise pops up everyone is NOLAN! WHEDON! Jesus, is there no imagination amongst us?

I'd mention Andrew Stanton (John Carter) but I'm sure that wouldn't go over well.

You know what franchise Nolan would be good for? Bond.

I'd like to see Nolan tackle the Bond franchise someday. Either Bond or Mission Impossible.

I really wish he'd make that Prisoner movie he planned.

That would be like the best of Bond and Inception all rolled into one.

Nolan's actually expressed interest in the Bond franchise. I believe that's one of the things he's wanted to do most since getting into Hollywood, if I remember the quote correctly.

Back to the topic, maybe they could get David Fincher? I think he was in the running for ROTJ.

I just ****ed in my pants. Nolan and Bond would work.

Back to the topic, maybe they could get David Fincher? I think he was in the running for ROTJ.

Fincher's Return of the Jedi would be something to see. However, I can't see him doing a Star Wars film at this stage of his career. Based on the films he's directed, I don't see him being considered. Don't get me wrong, Fincher could make a great Star Wars film.

Has anyone worked out whats going to happen with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones comics now that Disney has Lucasfilm? I mean when Disney got Marvel the Disney stuff left Boom, which was terrible because Marvel have yet to give us a Darkwing Duck comic...

But yeh, are Dark Horse going to stop publishing Lucas related books? It's like the one thing I've never seen reported on.

Disney seems to be steering clear of the comics and just letting them do what they will with them.

Okay, this is from a UK tabloid so take it with a grain of salt (or maybe more than a grain, actually). But remember how there were some of us who speculated on whether or not Disney would have Darth Vader return? Well...

Following news that Disney has bought the rights to the lucrative sci-fi franchise and plans to make at least three more movies, industry insiders say the evil Vader will grace the big screen again.

“He’s an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible,” explains a film mole.

“The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films.”
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected

Last edited:
If they mean via flashbacks or his ****ing ghost, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"