Disney Purchases LucasFilm, Confirms Star Wars: Episode VII

CONSPIRACY THEORIES:
In the first Star Wars - Fisher sort of had her hair like Mickey Mouse's ears. So maybe this was the plan to sell to Disney way back in 1977.
What about "infinity and beyond" - that would sure blend into Star Wars.
What about the obvious similarities with Goofy and Jar Jar?

I just hope the FBI are not on their way to silence me...

**ptew! ptew!**

"It's done, Mr. Lucas. You can wire my usual fee to the same Swiss bank account as last time when I 'had discussions' with Jason Wingreen."

if they do an older luke bring back Mark and try to do a remake/ sequel trilogy while some of the characters will still be in play. I'd like Luke to be the Obi-Wan of the series and then have a new main character and bring in the bounty hunter aspect as well.

This is going to sound really mean and I don't mean it to, but Harrison Ford is the only actor from the trilogy to have aged even remotely gracefully (Ford looks awesome for his age). Age has NOT been kind to anyone else. The last thing I want to see are wrinkeled and overweight versions of Luke, Leia, and Lando.

This is going to sound really mean and I don't mean it to, but Harrison Ford is the only actor from the trilogy to have aged even remotely gracefully (Ford looks awesome for his age). Age has NOT been kind to anyone else. The last thing I want to see are wrinkeled and overweight versions of Luke, Leia, and Lando.

They could all play up that angle though and say that they're all too old for this. Of course, they would probably have those characters alongside newer and younger characters. I don't think young fans who maybe have no affinity towards the original trilogy would really want to watch a bunch of oldies on screen. They'd want to see younger characters. Star Wars Ep 7 might be like the 2012 Dallas series with Han, Luke, Leia and Lando being the equivalent of JR, Bobby, Sue Ellen etc alongside their now grown-up children.

Well, this will be weird.

There is no chance of the story revolving around fat, wrinkly actors like Hammill, Ford and Fisher, unless you are completely oblivious to how Hollywood works.

Two options;

1) It'll be set soon-ish after ROTJ, with an obvious re-casting of Luke, Leia, Hans, Lando. Expect young up and comers.

2) The timeline would have been parallel to ours and we see a bunch of new characters and new stories with nothing more than cameo's from Hammil and Fisher- maybe Ford if he's feeling nice.

I would suggest the latter. I'm not sure I want to see a live-action continuation of Luke's story. Although ultimately I couldn't care less what they do. I, along with everyone else, will go and see it.

Why? They're old. Alec Guinness was old when he played Obi Wan Kenobi.

I know what you mean - I have had these silly/funny parady (hopefully not taken mean) thoughts - like Fisher being the new Jabba the Hut and...well...many others. I know that I could feel hurt too if people did the same to my "thing". So, just saying, it's not said in disrespect but I feel like you. Don't want to see this happen...
One of the driving force of many movies (Superman, Bond, etc at infinitum) is the feeling of youth, the feeling that the actors/characters are doing things extraordinary (that they can't at any age - young or old = stuntpeople - which is a funny paradox when you think about it - they could take an 85 year old man to play Bond).

I don't want it centered around Luke but he should be involved somehow.

Surrounded by a young, pretty cast. This is Hollywood and Disney. They'll have a young cast. Whether that is playing Luke or a new character is debateable.

I'm not against a re-cast of Luke, Leia and Hans. If Chewie is cgi i'll be a bit miffed :jedi

It could be a reboot like Star trek with new actors playing the old roles.

Old Obi-Wan is a completely different story. We didn't grow up with a young Alec Guinnes playing a lead character, and after a 30 year absence, have him show back up as an old, balloon shaped characiture.

I don't want to see such a "timeless" character like Luke go from this:
983SWJ_Mark_Hamill_038.jpg

To this:
220px-Mark_Hamill_%28crop%29.jpg

Again, I'm not trying to be mean. I LOVE Mark Hamill and his body of work, but at this point, I'm not talking about the actors, but the characters themselves. Now, if Mark Hamill lost weight, maybe grew a thick beard, then I'd consider it, but I don't really want to see these characters old. Ten, fifteen years ago...that'd be a different story. But too much time has passed.

Last edited:
Personal trainers and make-up do wonders. Heck, he doesn't even need a personal trainer. He just needs to jog twice a week, for 2 hours, at a steady pace and the fat is just gonna melt.

I urge everyone to join us in the newly created Star Wars sub-section. Gotta give big thanks to the staff for making it happen!

As for Hamill, I want Hamill back, even if he is just the old Obi-wan role, but I want him to stay through Episode IX and then maybe kill him off. After that we can have plent yof non-Skywalker films, if Disney sees fit.

Personal trainers and make-up do wonders. Heck, he doesn't even need a personal trainer. He just needs to jog twice a week, for 2 hours, at a steady pace and the fat is just gonna melt.

That's assuming he and the others even have the health to do such things.

I'll admit that perhaps I'm being a little sensationalist about it, but these are just my immediate feelings towards the situation. Perhaps as time goes on and we learn some more about the new films, my feelings will change.

To this:

Again, I'm not trying to be mean. I LOVE Mark Hamill and his body of work, but at this point, I'm not talking about the actors, but the characters themselves. Now, if Mark Hamill lost weight, maybe grew a thick beard, then I'd consider it, but I don't really want to see these characters old. Ten, fifteen years ago...that'd be a different story. But too much time has passed.
Agreed. I feel that the new films need to forge their own identity, make a clean break from the past. If they give in to the fanboy urge to continue the stories of Luke, Han, and Leia, well.. the simple fact is, the actors are too old now. You can't continue their stories from 1983. It'll be jarring, it'll be unsatisfactory, and it won't make a good movie.

If you can somehow pull a Leonard Nimoy-like role from the Star Trek reboot for Hamill alone (where he's only a supporting character, used appropriately), that might work.

The GA ain't gonna give a damn if its a Star Wars film without the involvement of the old characters or Skywalker family, like it or not. A tv show is a different issue . I doubt Disney is gonna take the risk with completely new characters in a new story unrelated to the other six films . The question is gonna the extent of involvement of the original characters . I could see a new character at center of the trilogy but I doubt that characters like like or even C3po and r2d2 won't be there. This is Disney and they're all about nostalgia. The whole clean slate idea will b left for the series I suspect.

It really depends on what the new trilogy is going to be about. Lucas said it was a completely new story so we can only really guess what the the timeline and all that is right now.

Old Obi-Wan is a completely different story. We didn't grow up with a young Alec Guinnes playing a lead character, and after a 30 year absence, have him show back up as an old, balloon shaped characiture.

I don't want to see such a "timeless" character like Luke go from this:
983SWJ_Mark_Hamill_038.jpg

To this:

Why not have them be old? It's a sequel. Time has passed. Have Luke be the wise old mentor, fill Obi-Wan's role and be the head of the new Jedi order.

I mean, after Return, Luke's story is complete. He's become a Jedi Knight, defeated the Emperor, has closure with his father. What, you want the story to focus on him recruiting young Jedi? I think the best place for Luke in the story is as the older mentor.

I mean, yeah, way Hollywood works they're boing to want young attractive leads. But major older supporting characters still have a place in tentpole films. Gandalf, anyone?

What would be the reason for why, as head of the new Jedi Order, he's gotten fat?

I don't see Luke, Leia and Han all being mentors though. That would be too much like William Shatner's original suggestion for Star Trek 2009 to bring Kirk back from the dead and have both him and Spock be mentor to the new Kirk and Spock.

All he has to do is lose a little weight. He still looks like luke, just older. Which he is

It really depends on what the new trilogy is going to be about. Lucas said it was a completely new story so we can only really guess what the the timeline and all that is right now.
This is what I am hoping for. The realm is so big why do we have to have the same old characters? This way you can get new actors in new roles. Although a Yoda origins story might be cool. :)

What would be the reason for why, as head of the new Jedi Order, he's gotten fat?

Because he's moved beyond the fighting and heroics and delved into the more spiritual and intellectual side of the force like Yoda. And because food is delicious.

Plus, he's not that fat.

I don't see Luke, Leia and Han all being mentors though. That would be too much like William Shatner's original suggestion for Star Trek 2009 to bring Kirk back from the dead and have both him and Spock be mentor to the new Kirk and Spock.

I think it's pretty different because it's not the same characters recast with younger actors.

At least I hope not.

Having the original three in supporting roles would make a lot of sense, and it would be really weird to not do it I think.

I think we have to ask if the original cast is even interested in appearing in these movies. Mark Hamill only does animation these days, Harrison Ford has said in the past that he has no interest in returning as Han. I cant guess if Carrie Fisher is interested or not.

I think we have to ask if the original cast is even interested in appearing in these movies. Mark Hamill only does animation these days, Harrison Ford has said in the past that he has no interest in returning as Han. I cant guess if Carrie Fisher is interested or not.

Mark Hammil's expressed interest. Ford's probably out, though.

I mean, he did that last Indiana Jones movie so anything can happen. I think it also depends how extensive their roles would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"