Disney+

I love star wars but i have never really watched the cartoons. Just started watching star wars resistance first episode i knew nothing about it but guess its before episode 7 has it has bb8 and poe in it. I dont know if people like this show or not.

I love star wars but i have never really watched the cartoons. Just started watching star wars resistance first episode i knew nothing about it but guess its before episode 7 has it has bb8 and poe in it. I dont know if people like this show or not.
I've watched Resistance. It's way more juvenile and aimed at smaller children than The Clone Wars or Rebels were, which to me makes it less interesting.

Watched first 4 episodes of star wars rebels last night. I had never seen it before that. It was pretty good.

I'm looking forward to getting into Rebels now that I'm finally able to finish Clone Wars. I watched part of the first season of Rebels when it premiered but fell behind and just never bothered to catch up, even though I enjoyed what I saw.

Yeah I’m currently on my rewatch of Clone Wars and after that I’m going to rewatch Rebels. Honestly I’m loving Disney+ and it has exceeded my expectations. I’m thinking about watching Resistance for the first time too after Rebels but not sure because I want to rewatch Gargoyles as well. It’s been years since I watched it.

I’m halfway through Rebels now. It’s a good show, at times very good and stand out episodes like “Twilight of the Apprentice” are arguably the best of any Star Wars media since the original trilogy. But overall I can’t get emotionally invested in it the way I would Gargoyles or Avatar the Last Airbender, and I can’t quite figure out why.

Currently watching Thor Ragnarok. Ive watched random episodes of Rebels and the Clone Wars series.

I watched all of Clone Wars and Rebels in about a month a couple of years ago. They were available for free on cable but only for a limited period and at a time when I was supposed to be really busy. Hard times lol.

Newest episode of World According To Jeff Goldblum is probably the best one but probably because I'm a gamer myself

Newest episode of World According To Jeff Goldblum is probably the best one but probably because I'm a gamer myself

I only saw i think the first episode of the show and found it boring but maybe i will try this episode being that it sounds like it is about video games by what you just said.

The last episode of the Imagineering Story felt more PR piece-y again, but it was still solid overall. Every time Joe Rhode is on screen though, I get anxiety just looking at his ear. That looks painful. The way they spun Mission Breakout was pretty funny. I'd call that the weakest thing they've done in a while. Rocket AA is cute though.

The Galaxy's Edge and Avatar segments were pretty great, if a bit short. I'd love to see more on the development of Pandora, without trying to look good. Some reliable leakers at the time were pointing to a troubled development for a while. There were a lot of delays with the project, and according to rumours, at least part of it was the result of Disney cutting the budget and forcing the removal of a third attraction - a rollercoaster. If rumours are to be believed, it caused a lot of issues. I'd love to find out if that's true or not.

Overall, I think the best section of the series was the Eisner years. It felt a little more candid than when they had to prop up Walt Disney or current management, but the episodes all had enough behind the scenes footage to satisfy me. Loved seeing the digital model for the climax of Rise of the Resistance this episode. Such an impressive ride. Though maybe one of the few I can say the centerpiece animatronics might be the weakest part. The pre show ones are fantastic. Kylo... moves like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Finally watching the One Day documentary and it's so good

Yeah I liked that one. Was disappointed when I realized it was a single movie and not a show.

They do have shorts of it. Don't know if it's stories made individually or extended or what though

I like the Imagineering footage that shows young 70s era Kurt Russell. I really enjoy all the vintage time capsule footage. The early imagineers really seem like cool, salt of the earth type of people. At least that's how they come off.

Will Disney + be available all over the world within a year or 2 or will some territories not have it?

Just finished Togo great movie! Man people cutting those onions.

Yeah saw it a couple of days ago. So good and am surprised it's just an original film for the service

So Disney+ started taking movies off the service already, among them The Sandlot and Home Alone 1 & 2. The most puzzling removal is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, since all of the other POTC films are still on there.

I expected them to start removing content eventually (even though unlike Netflix they own all content that they stream on the service), but not less than two months in.

That’s what I don’t get. If they already own all the content...then why take them off? Are there licensing deals with other companies?

That’s what I don’t get. If they already own all the content...then why take them off? Are there licensing deals with other companies?
According to what I saw in a company statement from a month or so ago, some movies are being removed because of legacy deals that had already been established, and will return once the deal expires. Not sure how those deals work but that's what they're saying.

Similar situation to DC Universe's service

Watched cool runnings today first time i have seen in years and had no idea that Zimmer did the music for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"