Disney+

So did they buy out some deals or something? I thought BatB couldn't be on there until the end of the year?

So did they buy out some deals or something? I thought BatB couldn't be on there until the end of the year?

I think you're right. BatB is showing as being on there on August 21st, where I remember originally seeing it listed for like October or something. I also could have sworn it was still on Netflix but it isn't.

Tonight's the night!

AKgMRto.gif

My 10 favorite of my 46 amazing children:

1. Satisfied
2. Burn
3. Wait For It
4. Helpless
5. Non-Stop
6. It’s Quiet Uptown
7. The Schuyler Sisters
8. You’ll Be Back
9. That Would Be Enough
10. My Shot

I really hope some of the original series gets new episodes soon. Prop Culture can easily have multiple seasons

Watching Hamilton with the closed captioning on is the only way to go for me. The lyrics go by very fast and some of them are very complicated.

Watching Hamilton with the closed captioning on is the only way to go for me. The lyrics go by very fast and some of them are very complicated.

I had to look up the translation of "intransigent" because I've never seen the word before.

74% increase in Disney+ uploads for Hamilton this weekend.

I always said that shows have a hard time making it on the big screen. But I wonder if Disney is thinking of dropping some of their former Broadway shows on Disney+, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Mary Poppins, Newsies and Frozen. Not sure if they want to sit on Aladdin and Lion King for the time being.

Yes, the captioning was a godsend!

74% increase in Disney+ uploads for Hamilton this weekend.

I always said that shows have a hard time making it on the big screen. But I wonder if Disney is thinking of dropping some of their former Broadway shows on Disney+, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Mary Poppins, Newsies and Frozen. Not sure if they want to sit on Aladdin and Lion King for the time being.
That's a good idea. I still regret not getting to see Beauty and the Beast when it was on Broadway so I'd totally check that one out. I'm just not entirely sure all of these shows were filmed the way Hamilton was. Maybe for archival purposes?

If they're the archival versions, they won't be shot the way Hamilton was. Those are usually filmed with one fixed camera aimed at the stage, possibly mounted on the front of the balcony, with no closeups and ambient sound. They're strictly for record purposes. They aren't meant to be watched for entertainment.

If they're the archival versions, they won't be shot the way Hamilton was. Those are usually filmed with one fixed camera aimed at the stage, possibly mounted on the front of the balcony, with no closeups and ambient sound. They're strictly for record purposes. They aren't meant to be watched for entertainment.
I figured as much. I also remember Hamilton being filmed the way it was generating some news back in 2016, so it's rare for musicals to be filmed like that.

I figured as much. I also remember Hamilton being filmed the way it was generating some news back in 2016, so it's rare for musicals to be filmed like that.

It is. Stephen Sondheim usually records his shows professionally, and there are a few of Andrew Lloyd Webber's shows out there. Some theaters record their shows for PBS. And the historic 1980 Royal Shakespeare Company production of "The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby" was recorded professionally for British TV, but that was mostly because it was such an extraordinary production. It was eight and a half hours long and when it came to Broadway it commanded a then-unheard-of $100 a ticket. Even then, it completely sold out.

But those are rare situations. For the most part, the only recorded versions of stage shows are bootlegs. Hamilton was a big exception. When they originally filmed it in 2016 it was said that it would be ten years before we saw it. Turned out it was only four.

I know a lot of you were talking about and wanting Buffy to hit Disney+ a while back, but it is on Hulu. I doubt it makes its way to Disney, at least not anytime soon.

It is. Stephen Sondheim usually records his shows professionally, and there are a few of Andrew Lloyd Webber's shows out there. Some theaters record their shows for PBS. And the historic 1980 Royal Shakespeare Company production of "The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby" was recorded professionally for British TV, but that was mostly because it was such an extraordinary production. It was eight and a half hours long and when it came to Broadway it commanded a then-unheard-of $100 a ticket. Even then, it completely sold out.

But those are rare situations. For the most part, the only recorded versions of stage shows are bootlegs. Hamilton was a big exception. When they originally filmed it in 2016 it was said that it would be ten years before we saw it. Turned out it was only four.

The Metropolitan Opera has really done a good job in doing live broadcasts. And even having a library up on their own site now. Granted, the situations are different, as I do not think the Met brings in the type of revenue big broadway shows do. But it is definitely something that can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"