Disney+

same for Percy Jackson. I stopped reading after the first book. But the TV series still could be good.

1 is great, still holds up. 2 is meh and misses a lot of the edginess of 1. 3 is just terrible. Though Martin Short always gives his all.

I hope we get an update on SHRUNK at D23. I feel like this show was left in the dust, and I'm dying to see Rick Moranis back!

I hope we get an update on SHRUNK at D23. I feel like this show was left in the dust, and I'm dying to see Rick Moranis back!

If Rick Moranis wants to go back to acting regularly, I would not be surprised at all if he pops up in a Wes Anderson film after Wes' next film, Jupiter City. It seems like a filmmaker like Wes Anderson would be more in Moranis' wheelhouse.

Disney Plus and Hulu are getting steep price hikes

$3 increase for just Disney+ with no ads
$3 increase for ESPN+ unbundled
$2 increase for Hulu unbundled with no ads
$1 increase for Hulu unbundled with ads
$1 increase for ad-free Disney+ subscription along with an ad-supported plan for Hulu and ESPN+

Ad supported Disney+ unbundled is $7.99

EDIT: The Hulu no ads, Disney+ no ads, ESPN+ bundle isn't going up in price and is staying at $19.99. That's the plan I have so I might as well just keep the bundle.

Last edited:
It’s ad-tiered plans are more an excuse to raise price than offering a cheaper version to add more subs. If someone is not paying 7.99 now for ad free sub, why would they pay the same fee for ad filled sub comes December?

Now it has more number than Netflix (kudos to them in just 4 years), it’s time to gut the fish!

I’m at my limit for streaming services now. Too many more price increases and I’ll start discontinuing subs between when things drop and then binge for a month.

It’s a steep hike to 10.99 from 7.99 almost 40%. I will still keep it ad free since I like those Marvel and Star War content but only grudgingly.

I’m adding Prime when LoTR comes out (will cancel if the show is so so) but already feel a bit much with D+, Netflix and Prime. Industry consolidation can’t come soon enough.

Another thing Disney+ needs: a Home Renovation show. It's another one of those categories that I love.

Luckily the one bundle they have that’s not changing price is the one that I have.

It’s an outrageous act for loyal members, that they include ads for the price of the existing bundles and sneak in a 40% increase, if you want to have experience you had until now.
If 7,99$ were too expensive for potential subscribers, why should they pay for it now AND have ads.
This proofs that it was always the plan to milk the loyal subscribers.
Right in the face: **** you, Chapek. He will run down this ship in not only 10 years
My hype for D23 died today

I feel like people are saying that to every studio that has a streaming service haha

There are too many streaming services and yet they all act surprised when they see sub numbers shrink as they raise the costs of subscribing. Like anyone is going to subscribe to every streaming service every month instead of at best subbing for a month then dropping it to go to another before eventually subbing for a month a year down the road.

At the same time, I don’t know why people act surprised when they do raise their prices.

My yearly payment is scheduled for September 15th and last year I got an email on it and the 10 euro price increase a month before it. I guess I'll get one next week.I'm expecting it to go to 80 euros from the 70 I paid last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"