Disney+

bullying-bully.gif

Apple is introducing a new mixed-reality headset ("Vision Pro") that you control using your eyes, hands, and voice. Disney+ will be available on the Vision Pro platform on day 1.

Yeah, it was always going to be too pro-Stan Lee for my tastes.

But the doc was done entirely in his own words, so obviously. To their credit, they did play the radio interview between Lee and Kirby where they argue about credit.

They could always do their own for Jack Kirby.

Kirby isn't the "name" that Lee was and obviously Kirby passed away way before he could get the recognition. Plus Lee was the showman and it seems that media has given up a bit a revisionist history that he created everything. He's not Kane but it's easy to see how creative Kirby and Ditko were that they were able to create other characters away from Lee.

Not to bump this up, but Disney+ lacks the following genres that would make me want to continuously watch the streaming service: nature/animals, travel, history, home improvement, car related shows, cooking and the cosmos. Now there are some, and I quite enjoyed the shows from those genres that Disney+ has. It's that Disney+ doesn't have much of them. I am currently watching Hack My Home, after just being done with Season Two of Is It Cake? Both are on Netflix. There are plenty of shows from those genres that Netflix doesn't remove even if there are not going to be anymore new seasons. I was sad when Disney+ removed a lot of content from those genres recently. I quite enjoyed the show "Rennervations" because it fits travel and cars but I feel like it's not enough.

Not to bump this up, but Disney+ lacks the following genres that would make me want to continuously watch the streaming service: nature/animals, travel, history, home improvement, car related shows, cooking and the cosmos. Now there are some, and I quite enjoyed the shows from those genres that Disney+ has. It's that Disney+ doesn't have much of them. I am currently watching Hack My Home, after just being done with Season Two of Is It Cake? Both are on Netflix. There are plenty of shows from those genres that Netflix doesn't remove even if there are not going to be anymore new seasons. I was sad when Disney+ removed a lot of content from those genres recently. I quite enjoyed the show "Rennervations" because it fits travel and cars but I feel like it's not enough.

Watch Home Improvement | Disney+

Disney+ now has all 8 seasons of Home Improvement. :o

They couldn't even shell out the extra cash for a Blu-ray release, lol.

This blunder aside, Paramount is actually fairly good about releasing their original streaming shows on disc. Halo and The Offer both got disc releases the same year that they came out on Paramount+. If they want to straight up pull their shows from streaming, releasing them on disc as an alternative softens that blow a bit. That should go for all the studios.

My Disney+ subscription is up in about a month, conveniently right after Loki S2 wraps up. I'm debating whether or not to just cancel for now. If I re-up for a year I save $20 but on the other hand, after Loki there's really a whole lot of nothing happening for me on the platform in the near future. I can re-up for a month for the few Marvel or Star Wars shows coming our way in the first half of 2024, if need be.

My Disney+ subscription is up in about a month, conveniently right after Loki S2 wraps up. I'm debating whether or not to just cancel for now. If I re-up for a year I save $20 but on the other hand, after Loki there's really a whole lot of nothing happening for me on the platform in the near future. I can re-up for a month for the few Marvel or Star Wars shows coming our way in the first half of 2024, if need be.
I’m in the same boat, except I’m not even bothering with Loki. So I’m just over here wondering if I should even bother renewing it at all for a while, which is weird for me because it’s one of those services I just always assumed I’d be keeping at all times. Gotta finish Andor with my mom before it expires though. She’s never seen it and we’re on the last arc. :mrk:

I have 6 months free Disney+ but can't find much to watch on it. Can't be watching Marvel or Disney stuff all the time. That gets boring. A lot of the older films I've already seen.

I feel that way about most streaming services. After I finished 2 series on Netflix, I'm waiting around for something new to drop. Thank goodness it's a free service thanks to T-Mobile. Although, there service sucks.

I’m in the same boat, except I’m not even bothering with Loki. So I’m just over here wondering if I should even bother renewing it at all for a while, which is weird for me because it’s one of those services I just always assumed I’d be keeping at all times. Gotta finish Andor with my mom before it expires though. She’s never seen it and we’re on the last arc. :mrk:
I'll definitely give Andor a rewatch before I say adios for now to D+.

Anyone watch that "Once Upon A Studio" short? I thought they did a great job with the animation, and having grown up with the '90s Disney Renaissance, the ending warmed my heart. Not enough for me to forget what a bastard Iger is, but just enough. :o

I recently switched from the bundle with ESPN to the one that is just D+ and Hulu. I'm not going to pay $25 for a bundle when I don't care about ESPN. I literally only used ESPN twice. And the 30 for 30 I wanted to watch about American Gladiators kinda sucked compared to the American Gladiators docuseries on Netflix.

For me the back catalog of movies and shows are why I like streaming services. I rarely watch the new stuff in the context of how much that is put out.

It's always been a hot take among people I know but I always said Disney+ had the worst selection of all the streaming services. Unless you only watch Star Wars and MCU or unless you're a Disney adult, it's not really worth it imo. I only kept it so long because it was cheap

I think it won’t be 5 years until Disney+ will be closed
It never will be profitable

I ditched Disney+ back in May. The spamming of Marvel content was the breaking point. They need to completely merge Hulu and Disney+ in theory but then it’s more likely new diverse Hulu-type of content will just disappear entirely by not being made, given up on for endless franchise content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"