DMX To Change Name?

DV8

Band Loser
Reaction score
DMX Contemplates Name Change

05/30/2006 4:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
LAUNCH Radio Networks

Rapper and actor DMX is prepping for the release of his new album, The Year Of The Dog, Again, and he's also contemplating a name change. He told MTV.com, "It's just the whole Dark Man thing. Because if you look at it, from a spiritual point of view, the Bible teaches us that we can speak things into existence... And Dark Man, you know, it may not be the best name for me."

The rapper, who hopes to become a preacher when his rap days are over, recently released a new single, "Lord Give Me A Sign," which was produced by Scott Storch. DMX explained, "The Scott Scorch thing... he charges $80,000 a beat, very expensive. We bought two (beats), and he gave me the beat (for 'Lord Give Me a Sign') for free. So it was ironic that the potentially biggest song on the album would be given to us for free. On every album, there's a gospel song or a prayer. The song's either a conversation with the Lord or just a reference to how much I love the Lord and what I'm willing to do... We got the beat, and I heard the beat, and I was like, 'Lord, give me a sign!' The beat created the song, and I just ran from there."

While DMX is hoping to make a spiritual change, he made it clear that he doesn't see himself as a role model: "No, I think it's my responsibility to tell them the truth. To be... I'm not gonna set them up for a downfall. 'Oh life is perfect, and you do the right thing and nothing bad will happen' -- nah, that's bulls--t."
The rapper added: "You give them the good, you give them the bad, and let them know regardless of what happens, get up and keep moving."

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/32823604

Joining the ranks of PDiddy, and Prince . . . I just hope he doesn't opt for the rap name DV8 instead . . . :O

god this thread sucks! What was I thinking?

We all done made him lose his mind.Up in here,up in here.

Abaddon said:
We all done made him lose his mind.Up in here,up in here.

BBBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :up:

I like DMX, but he's always preaching about something, but then the police find crack in his vehicle and he carjacked somebody or something

I wonder if his next name will sound like a bad turn in Scrabble?

I knew he was a softie trying to play hard. That is so precious, he wants to be a preacher.

Remember when DMX didn't suck? Yeah, those were good days.

he was my fav rapper growing up, and thats a badass song, look it up on myspace. Hope he doesnt change the name.

Assassin said:
he was my fav rapper growing up, and thats a badass song, look it up on myspace. Hope he doesnt change the name.

Just did, and it is pretty cool. :up:

The Bible doesn't teach we can "speak things into existance".:rolleyes:

He sounds like Benny Hinn.:down

I think he's referring to the whole "Let there be light" thing.Still,he has no ****ing clue what he's talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"