Tupac

^ Good post man!

I think it's peoples lack of respect for what's not familiar or within their own tastes that they belittle other genres they aren't fond of.

It's these silly ass Emo/redneck kids who think that the world revolves around them and anything outside their influence or understanding is crap.

Also those who are pissed Hip-hop has taken over where rock&roll used to be, when this cycle has been going on for awhile. Jazz used to be the hot thing until Swing music then the Blues and Rock took off from there.

Somethings gonna usurp Rap and then it's gonna be something new after that.

Maybe Reggaeton or UK rap who knows?

deemar325 said:
^ Good post man!

I think it's peoples lack of respect for what's not familiar or within their own tastes that they belittle other genres they aren't fond of.

It's these silly ass Emo/redneck kids who think that the world revolves around them and anything outside their influence or understanding is crap.

Also those who are pissed Hip-hop has taken over where rock&roll used to be, when this cycle has been going on for awhile. Jazz used to be the hot thing until Swing music then the Blues and Rock took off from there.

Somethings gonna usurp Rap and then it's gonna be something new after that.

Maybe Reggaeton or UK rap who knows?
Well technically Hip Hop is the next phase of Rap

Oh, I don't know. I know whenever I go to europe they don't seem to seperate the music or at least have the hang ups that we have.

I was on the bus in Ireland and heard gospel, hip hop, pop and country music with in a half hour. I woke up in Germany with Mario playing in a passing car.

Definetly. He's probably the greatest rapper of all time and some of his music was incredibly powerful. He made rhymes that flowed together as close to flawlessly as I've ever heard.

Im down with Tupac, Ive heard more positive stuff in his lyrics than most rappers today.

You mean, there were actually rap songs that said something other than "I'm so cool I got all these hos bling bling b**ch!"?

Great rapper? Yes. Genius? No way. I don't see Morrison, Elvis, Lennon, or Cobain, as geniuses. The term is tossed around far too often and I doubt that many of them would be recognized that way had they not become famous or died which tends to elevate an artist's reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"