Tupac

What is so musically wonderful about stealing other people's records and calling them yours. Sorry I don't think this guy had any talent at all.

If Tupac didn't die young he would be about as popular now as Coolio is.

Strange said:
I was wondering that too, it didn't look like anyone was saying rap was not music.:confused:
D.Rex said:
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that a rapper could not be a musical genius and that rap is nothing but talking.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

I see but the people who made that comment will probably never see your post or respond to it.

DarthRekal said:
AH ALL AROUND THE WORLD THE SAME SONG...

tell em why tup...:up:

I can see Pac doing the humpty dance in heaven right now.

Carter said:
I dont know much about Tupac.
This is what happens when you're raised amongst whitey

at least your honest....

but that sseems to be the consensus here...

those that voted against tupac's genius..ima go on a limb and say are mostly of caucasian persuasion....

not that thats wrong but it brings to light the unfamiliarity of the poll

it should have been stipulated....those that dont know...dont vote

DarthRekal said:
at least your honest....

those that voted against tupac's genius..ima go on a limb and say are mostly of caucasian persuasion....

Yeah my bad. I probably should have put that out front in bold letters. I made the mistake of thinking that he was famous enough that most would at least know something about his music.

DarthRekal said:
at least your honest....

In other words those who don't agree with you, don't know so they shouldn't vote? :rolleyes:

DarthRekal said:
at least your honest....

I'm white but I'm pretty familiar and I just think he stinks. If you wanna hear a black musical genius check out Miles Davis, Arthur Lee, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

Calendar Man said:
What is so musically wonderful about stealing other people's records and calling them yours. Sorry I don't think this guy had any talent at all.

The same as Jerry Lee Lewis stealing Ike Turners songs I guess? Or The Stones taking their name and lyrics directly from Muddy Waters?

Hell! Sun Records riding off the style and talents of many black artists and recording songs by those unamed and forgotten talents and putting some white guy in the booth to rerecord their music.

Come on guy, it's been going on forever. At least hip-hop re-arrenges the music with new lyrics.

Sun Records didn't even do that much.

Matt said:
In other words those who don't agree with you, don't know so they shouldn't vote? :rolleyes:

thats kinda what i had in mind....

jerk!...LOL

what i mean is bring something to the table....all i heard so far is NO he's not..he steals records(btw find me an original beat nowadays)

but no incitful argument..noone has heard his music in depth and said no i dont like it... also those of the caucasian influence...tend to not relate to the story he is telling.... when dont relate normally you lose interest.... that is what i mean

Calendar Man said:
I'm white but I'm pretty familiar and I just think he stinks. If you wanna hear a black musical genius check out Miles Davis, Arthur Lee, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

:up:

Pac is still a cut above.

Matt said:
If Tupac didn't die young he would be about as popular now as Coolio is.

nah, he'd be producing movies like Ice Cube ;)

Calendar Man said:

jimi hendrix??? dude was high most of the time..his guitar playin was PHENOMenal(sp)

but hear his lyrics...i too shall stand next to the mountain and chop and chop it down with the edge of my hand...

that is pure genius.....

i agree calendar all those cats are beautiful in their own right...but pac is too LYRICALLY.... he couldnt play the guitar...but his voice was his instrument....

DarthRekal said:
thats kinda what i had in mind....

jerk!...LOL

what i mean is bring something to the table....all i heard so far is NO he's not..he steals records(btw find me an original beat nowadays)

but no incitful argument..noone has heard his music in depth and said no i dont like it... also those of the caucasian influence...tend to not relate to the story he is telling.... when dont relate normally you lose interest.... that is what i mean

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I don't get Garth Brooks so I don't like his music, yet I'm not some ignorant bigot who's gonna slam the man for not having talent.

I just don't relate to his message, yet alot of these poster on here won't extend the same courtesy to Tupac.

deemar325 said:
The same as Jerry Lee Lewis stealing Ike Turners songs I guess? Or The Stones taking their name and lyrics directly from Muddy Waters?

Hell! Sun Records riding off the style and talents of many black artists and recording songs by those unamed and forgotten talents and putting some white guy in the booth to rerecord their music.

Come on guy, it's been going on forever. At least hip-hop re-arrenges the music with new lyrics.

Sun Records didn't even do that much.

Not saying rockers never stole a songs but thats all most rappers do. Couldn't they try playing some instruments (besides their voices). Also Elvis gave credit when he did cover songs etc. He didn't change the title of it and say it was a new song he wrote.

Lackey said:
nah, he'd be producing movies like Ice Cube ;)

If Tupac were alive we'd get brilliant movies from him like "The Empire Strikes Black" "Blackman" and "Black to the Future".....and all of them starring Method Man and Red Man.............................Rappers produce ****ty movies :mad:

I think Pac's a genius. Regardless of whether you like the genre or not there are certain musicians in each that demand respect. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin (and many other bands I just don't feel like typing) for rock n roll, BB King for the blues, Nirvana for grunge and so on. I think Tupac is that person for rap. Regardless of whether you like rap or not some of his music is unmistakably original and genius.

Matt said:
If Tupac were alive we'd get brilliant movies from him like "The Empire Strikes Black" "Blackman" and "Black to the Future".....and all of them starring Method Man and Red Man.............................Rappers produce ****ty movies :mad:

Friday and Barbershop kick ass and you know it :mad:

Lackey said:
Friday and Barbershop kick ass and you know it :mad:

Maybe, but any good done by them has since been negated by their ****ty sequels :mad:

I guess Tony Hawk's stellar performance in XXX lit the acting world on fire.

Calendar Man said:
Not saying rockers never stole a songs but thats all most rappers do. Couldn't they try playing some instruments (besides their voices). Also Elvis gave credit when he did cover songs etc. He didn't change the title of it and say it was a new song he wrote.

i can see where you are coming from cal... but in the hood thats all we folx got ..we cant afford instruments..... but we can steal..mixers and beatmakers...use our boys for beatboxes......rap is more like STREET POETRY...... i'll admit most of it is corporate garbage..but there are some that shine..and pac is one along with biggie..and jay....
and sampling pisses me off too...but everynow and then someone gets it just right.....

you're more of a purist and i respect that... but you cant deny pac's beauty...he didnt let anyone tell him what to write..and was a beacon for the ghetto..he made it cool to love our mommas and respect women...when everyone else was holla'ing eff a hoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"