Do Not Log Onto Fwoosh!

Wow.. Cant you start a thread without mod approval?

ok, so is fwoosh working or not? i tried to go to it and I got the google page. So what's the deal?

Sweet Jones!! Thanks Rough, I hadn't heard of the new page yet.

:(

Well, I haven't checked my e-mail in about 2-3 days so I may have one. Eh

I got the e-mail as well, but I didn't want to check it. I know I read that we could be getting "fwoosh" related mail from the hacker.

Thanks rough.

They never even emailed me, I had to find out here that it was back up.

I keep accidentally going to the original fwoosh and my computer continually detects the trojan trying to get in. I need to see if i can block my computer from ever going to that site...even on accident.

I hate when peopl Say ON ACCIDENT.....it was used twice in Invincible and it just bugs me.....maybe it;s a Canadian thing but I say it 'by accident'

By accident does make more sense.

So, by accident, I clicked on a link for the customcon thingy to view fwoosh's stuff and it took me to the hacked site. By accident.

Actually its preferred to use the word collison since accident implies no fault.

Every Car Accident I've been in wasn't my fault.

Every Car Accident I've been in wasn't my fault.

Therefore proving my point that by being referred to as an accident it implies no fault. So if you weren't at fault I would say that an educated guess would leave me to believe that someone other than you was. Thus being a collision.

Who the guy that ran the stop sign, yeah the collision was his fault.

ill tell you who hacks a site like that.. nerds who are on the site hack the site like that... why? no reason but to piss people off... its no secret that half of fwoosh is up tight.. and cranky
The real reason hackers target sites like fwoosh is because of unsecure site software. Joomla is frequently targeted. It probably has nothing to do with vendettas or anything like that. Someone saw a rickety back door in a house and kicked it so they could set up shop.

Spreading the trojan means expanding control over other systems to gain personal information and further expand control over a "zombie network" of subordinate systems that can be used to send out malware, spam and phishing content toward the end of stealing credit card information and committing identity theft. Fwoosh was probably just unlucky. My ID got nabbed since I hadn't logged into the site in forever and was just popping in to see if anything interesting was in the Customs forum. My account got compromised. It'll be a very long time before I ever try the site again.

If the Mods backed up the site, they should restore pages by text of messages only. Copying the code of each page may reintroduce the trojan or vulnerability which will just lead to another incident. But, personally...

1o9ejc.jpg

I signed up to their forum, and I tried to post and it never let me. I never went back since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"