Do you enjoy your job?

I work at the cinema (theater) :yay:

Oh hell yeah!

I tried getting a job there. Free movies would be a nice benefit. Heck, free rentals at a video store would be nice. Sadly, none of them places even wanted to interview me.

Wal-Mart did and I don't want to mess it up.

BUT...

Management came down on us cart pushers. Maybe one of us were taking too many breaks...but now before I take a break (I get two 15 breaks) or a hour lunch break, I have to tell a manager. Feel like a baby having to ask the babysitter for juice.

Oh hell yeah!

I tried getting a job there. Free movies would be a nice benefit. Heck, free rentals at a video store would be nice. Sadly, none of them places even wanted to interview me.

Wal-Mart did and I don't want to mess it up.

BUT...

Management came down on us cart pushers. Maybe one of us were taking too many breaks...but now before I take a break (I get two 15 breaks) or a hour lunch break, I have to tell a manager. Feel like a baby having to ask the babysitter for juice.

That bit made me laugh hahaha!:woot:

My manager has been good so far, I wait and see what he's like.

Yeah I get o see free movies all but my break is about 15 minutes.:csad:

I worked at Dominos as a delivery guy for a while. It was amazingly awesome until management changed and it started getting lame with the shifts/firings/new rules.

Then I worked at Steak and Shake as a production manager for a while, and I wanted to kill half my staff, as well as the other managers, so I obviously didn't last long there. I just buy and sell stuff on ebay now. Make a decent amount. Not enough to pay the bills, but I still got money left from ym other jobs that pay for that. The ebay money is basically where all my spending cash comes from.

I used to work at a movie theater. I worked there during high school and it was fun as hell. Free movies and free popcorn! The only thing was the stupid people I encountered. I remember one person wanted a large tub of popcorn with layered butter and a large diet coke. Then she said "I'm watching my weight". I really wanted to laugh in her face, but my manager would have had to give her free movie tickes for emotional distress. lol

I've got a great job I love, but I'm considering a change in scenery.
Really the only bad thing is dealing with the customers, but there will still be problem customers wherever I go, so...

That bit made me laugh hahaha!:woot:

My manager has been good so far, I wait and see what he's like.

Yeah I get o see free movies all but my break is about 15 minutes.:csad:

Yeah, thought it would.

The only bad manager I had was at Andy's.
Don't you get a break..when it is slow? :huh:

Yeah, thought it would.

The only bad manager I had was at Andy's.
Don't you get a break..when it is slow? :huh:

Yeah but I work at night sometimes, which is better cos more ladies attend...

shh! don't tell my g/friend...

I wanna work in a comic store....

A good friend of mine works for the one I go to, and I applied there. Apparntly according to him, it's boring. Unless you're like a super 'nerd' where you sit around and play Warhammer all day, or play TCG and other things, not just read comics. He also gets paid like 7.15 an hour and the store is decently slow. Apparntly he said htey have all kinds of work to do even though they literally have nothing to do. Like they change the whole RP placement every day, which apparntly takes like 5 hours. And they dont keep track of what backissues they sell, so they go through all the boxes and have to see what issues their missing.

It's a REALLY poorly run apparntly. Though when I go they seem to always have all my books ready for me. Unless they're missing shipments cause they come from another story first.

A good friend of mine works for the one I go to, and I applied there. Apparntly according to him, it's boring. Unless you're like a super 'nerd' where you sit around and play Warhammer all day, or play TCG and other things, not just read comics. He also gets paid like 7.15 an hour and the store is decently slow. Apparntly he said htey have all kinds of work to do even though they literally have nothing to do. Like they change the whole RP placement every day, which apparntly takes like 5 hours. And they dont keep track of what backissues they sell, so they go through all the boxes and have to see what issues their missing.

It's a REALLY poorly run apparntly. Though when I go they seem to always have all my books ready for me. Unless they're missing shipments cause they come from another story first.

I've been to a comic book store twice this year...not busy at all. Basically dead, really. Guess comics aren't a hot seller, except through online or in bigger cities.

I used to love it, was fascinated by it all. Now I'm just sick of my coworkers and management can be a pain as well but not always. The money is great, the benefits are off the hook and our retirement plan is great. So many things are changing in our union and we're making a lot of sacrifices with our conditions for higher wages.
There needs to be a mother****ing revolution! :cmad:
Not led by me. :o

Back in the early 90's...comic store where everywhere and they were busy! Since the introduction of Ipods,playstation,the Internet,dvds people have found other things forms of entertainment other than comics.Comics being $2.99 each doesn't help either.

I used to love it, was fascinated by it all. Now I'm just sick of my coworkers and management can be a pain as well but not always. The money is great, the benefits are off the hook and our retirement plan is great. So many things are changing in our union and we're making a lot of sacrifices with our conditions for higher wages.
There needs to be a mother****ing revolution! :cmad:
Not led by me. :o
Lead the fight Tzar! Make Optimus Prime proud!!

****, why you got a bring Optimus in this, you know I can't resist? :csad:

I occasionally like my job. I really don't care for the people higher up in my company I feel their views on what my store should be are very wrong, I'm biding my time before I prove them wrong.

Even if you did manage to find a job working somewhere that features an item you love, you'd get sick of it quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"