BvS Do you like the idea of an older Batman?

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Various sources have said he will be "tired and weary". I hope this is not true. This is our first time with the new Batman, he should at most in his prime. How long will the DCCU last? Can you keep using an old Batman in it?

I love it personally.
I don't he'll be as old as you're thinking.

Various sources have said he will be "tired and weary". I hope this is not true. This is our first time with the new Batman, he should at most in his prime. How long will the DCCU last? Can you keep using an old Batman in it?

Are you the same Goblin from IGN?

It makes sense.Tired and weary does not necessarily give an indication of his age you know. His not going to be an old Bruce Wayne with a walking stick. I feel that this batman has been through a lot of **** through the years, which makes him paranoid and not very trusting. So imagine his reaction to the MOS events? A seasoned tired and weary hero would view superman as a threat which should be neutralized.

I didnt until The Fleck was cast.

Affleck is 41. It's not like he'll be on his last legs. This Batman will just be seasoned and probably will have been in the fight for over a decade.

I just hope Batman doesn't come off like Supes's more seasoned older brother. I believe Supes and Bats should be portrayed as peers and equals.

I think the only reason they're going with the "older" approach is so that they could try and maintain a loose continuity with Nolan's movies.

I also find it interesting because this Bruce/Batman will probably be more likely to agree with Lex Luthor's view on Superman.

I just hope Batman doesn't come off like Supes's more seasoned older brother. I believe Supes and Bats should be portrayed as peers and equals.

I think the only reason they're going with the "older" approach is so that they could try and maintain a loose continuity with Nolan's movies.
I'm pretty sure that's not the reason at all. For Batman to take on Superman he can't be just starting out, he needs to be experienced. It also makes it easier to reintroduce Batman if he's already established while also giving us a different Batman than we've seen before on film.

And the two clearly won't be equals, at the beginning at least. Batman is older and more experienced than Superman. He'll talk down to him. But the main conflict will probably be Batman's cynicism from years of hardship vs. Superman's youthful optimism.

I'm pretty sure that's not the reason at all. For Batman to take on Superman he can't be just starting out, he needs to be experienced. It also makes it easier to reintroduce Batman if he's already established while also giving us a different Batman than we've seen before on film.

And the two clearly won't be equals, at the beginning at least. Batman is older and more experienced than Superman. He'll talk down to him. But the main conflict will probably be Batman's cynicism from years of hardship vs. Superman's youthful optimism.

Why can't "experienced" and "older" be mutually exclusive? Why does Batman have to be older too?

Like I said I'm just not a fan of Batman treating Superman like a little brother. The two should be portrayed as equals playing off one another, not a Master/Padawan type relationship a la the Star Wars prequels.

Batman being "older" than Superman just doesn't sit right with me.

Batman talking down to Superman is not the same as treating him like a little brother. Treating someone like a little brother implies there is some amount intimacy there. Clearly Batman and Superman are not going to be friendly for most of the film.

And Batman is "older" because he's been doing this for so long, that's why. Obviously if Batman has been doing this for 10+ years he won't be 30 like Clark.

It's ok. It's better than a 20 year old batman. I think batman should be either really young and inexperienced or really old and ruthless. Affleck sort of squats in the middle

I like it. He's not so much older so much is he is very seasoned. If anything, I hope the relationship developing between Batman and Superman is more like a rookie cop/experienced cop than younger brother/older brother.

Affleck is 41. It's not like he'll be on his last legs. This Batman will just be seasoned and probably will have been in the fight for over a decade.

A decade is too much. I want to see him fight his villains for the first time all over again.

I doubt it will be more than five years difference, maybe even only a couple. In Batman's line of work, it wouldn't take much time to make him a veteran.

I doubt it will be more than five years difference, maybe even only a couple. In Batman's line of work, it wouldn't take much time to make him a veteran.

I would want him in year 3 or 5 and he hasn't faced any major villains yet i.e Joker.

Unfortunately sources have called him "tired and weary".

I would want him in year 3 or 5 and he hasn't faced any major villains yet i.e Joker.

Unfortunately sources have called him "tired and weary".

I'm all for a new joker being used in these movies(I actually can't wait),but do we really need ANOTHER first encounter with him?

The best thing about an "older" Batman is no origin story!! All the more reason why I'm glad they didn't go with a younger guy. :D

A decade is too much. I want to see him fight his villains for the first time all over again.
No one needs to see him encounter the Joker for the first time again after TDK, just like no one needs to see his origin again after Begins, they're well established. He can encounter villains for the first time in the new movies even if he's been doing it for a decade. There's no rule that villain x has to show up early in Batman's career other than maybe Penguin (who wouldn't need to be a first encounter anyway) and Joker.

The only misgiving about him being older is when you think about multiple movies. What's he going to be when they finally do a Justice League movie, 50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"