Do you think about your own death often?

So, you're saying that I wasn't wrong?

Also, Death can be improbable. It've very improbably that I'll die taking a piss, for example.

Well...
The Question said:
One of my theories is that some people die simply because they worry themselves to death over the possibility of dying.

in this context you're mistaken. Possibility doesn't even factor in here. And neither does probability really. Death is inevitable. It is not impossible for you to die, and it's not improbable either. You will die. You can't avoid not dieing(for long anyway). But if you really meant in a particular situation or on a particular day, then yes it is possible, and it isn't improbable.

in this context you're mistaken. Possibility doesn't even factor in here. And neither does probability really. Death is inevitable. It is not impossible for you to die, and it's not improbable either. You will die. You can't avoid not dieing(for long anyway). But if you really meant in a particular situation or on a particular day, then yes it is possible, and it isn't improbable.

Suffice to say, I disagree.

I disagree. I think people can, potentially, live indefinately if they put their minds to it. The will to live can keep you alive for quite a while and even save your life in situations where you should die rather quickly. That's how I see it. That's what I think. I suppose you could say I have the Hob Gadling philosophy when it comes to the subject.

I disagree. I think people can, potentially, live indefinately if they put their minds to it. The will to live can keep you alive for quite a while and even save your life in situations where you should die rather quickly. That's how I see it. That's what I think. I suppose you could say I have the Hob Gadling philosophy when it comes to the subject.

Many people who have a great will to live die unexpectedly, or because of circumstances beyond their control. I'm remembering a story I heard a few days ago about a man with cancer who was advised by some church lady to pray hard and go to Church so that he can cured of his illness, like she claimed she was. He died of course, but I guess his will to live wasn't great enough according to your philosophy.:huh:

Many people who have a great will to live die unexpectedly, or because of circumstances beyond their control. I'm remembering a story I heard a few days ago about a man with cancer who was advised by some church lady to pray hard and go to Church so that he can cured of his illness, like she claimed she was. He died of course, but I guess his will to live wasn't great enough according to your philosophy.:huh:

I never said that it was some miracle cure for cancer. If you get run over by a car or contract a terminal illness like cancer, then a will to live isn't going to do too much. All I'm saying is that I think humans have the potential to live indefinately if they put their minds to it. Indefinately doesn't mean that you'll never die. Just that it isn't 100% assured that you will.

Hugh Hefner should have died a long time ago but for some reason he has a strong will to live. :huh:

I never said that it was some miracle cure for cancer. If you get run over by a car or contract a terminal illness like cancer, then a will to live isn't going to do too much. All I'm saying is that I think humans have the potential to live indefinately if they put their minds to it. Indefinately doesn't mean that you'll never die. Just that it isn't 100% assured that you will.

Maybe, but eventually something or someone will kill you so will alone wlll never be enough.

:dry: I'm afraid to click that link.

....it's just a Beatles song. :huh:

Because that's just the way things are. No one is fortunate enough to escape death indefinitely. It cannot be done.

But why? There's no reason besides "just because." I think people put way too much stock in the idea of death being completely inevitable.

I know that one day I will die. Do I think of my own death often? Not really. I think about living and living as best as I can and try to positively influence those around me and help others as best as I can coz when I die, I won't have to regret my life.

I don't think about my death, but I have thought about the funeral service.

Who I would like to speak and who the pall-bearers should be.

I don't think about my death, but I have thought about the funeral service.

Who I would like to speak and who the pall-bearers should be.
So... you would prefer burial over cremation? I think I'd prefer to be cremated.

Everyone knows that the most badass funeral right is an air burial. The body's chopped up into tiny peices and fed to birds. ****ing badass. :o

But why? There's no reason besides "just because." I think people put way too much stock in the idea of death being completely inevitable.

Our bodies aren't built to last forever. Health tends to decline as we age. Accidents happen, and people are often killed as a result. There are lots of sick people in the world and any one of them will come across you some unfortunate day and kill you. Some people are more vulnerable to some illnesses than others, and they don't find out until it hits them. Diseases mutate, animals are dangerous, and natural disasters are deadly. So yes, it is inevitable. You are going to die, and having all the will in the world isn't going to save you. :yay:

Our bodies aren't built to last forever. Health tends to decline as we age. Accidents happen, and people are often killed as a result. There are lots of sick people in the world and any one of them will come across you some unfortunate day and kill you. Some people are more vulnerable to some illnesses than others, and they don't find out until it hits them. Diseases mutate, animals are dangerous, and natural disasters are deadly. So yes, it is inevitable. You are going to die, and having all the will in the world isn't going to save you. :yay:

None of that says that death is inevitable. Just that the world is a very dangerous place. But danger can be avoided. Like I said, I disagree with you. You're not going to change my mind on the subject. And stop using smily faces when you're being condascending. It's condascendinger.

I never really think about my own death, it doesn't bother me. I dont think about it because I cannot control it, so there is no point.

I'm not afraid of dying either and sometimes I find myself thinking that when I die I can eternaly sleep almost like a non-existance, I'm not sure If i want an afterlife? I dont want to exist forever it doesn't seem right.

None of that says that death is inevitable. Just that the world is a very dangerous place. But danger can be avoided. Like I said, I disagree with you. You're not going to change my mind on the subject. And stop using smily faces when you're being condascending. It's condascendinger.

I'm just using a smiley face to soften the bleakness of it all.:o

Once again, my point is eventually someone or something will kill you. You don't have much control over what happens to you so how can you possibly avoid what you can't anticipate?:huh:

Everyone knows that the most badass funeral right is an air burial. The body's chopped up into tiny peices and fed to birds. ****ing badass. :o
So you become bird poop?
Stop dirtying my car! :mad: :( :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"