• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Do you think the Movie will do well?

Water Wagon

Sidekick
Reaction score
Because i really want it to do well but im just not too sure, it could go either way itll either flop like Speed Racer or just do bad like Video Game Adaptions.

It wont do bad or good, just alright and do aswell as Forbidden Kingdom which did alright i suppose.

Or could do well for a 1st movie and have success around X-men 1 or Fantastic Four 1.

Fox were planning a trilogy and it wont happen if this flops so really how do you think this is gonna do?

there are enough fans to make sure that it'll do decently in the box office. i'd be surprised if it flops, especially on the scale of Speed Racer. however, i don't think it will have Transformer or Iron Man type success.

Its already guaranteed it will make back its budget. Worse case scenerio 50 million domestically, 100 million worldwide. Best case. 250+ million worldwide. If anything it will get "Jumper" numbers, maybe more.

Well i expect it to do better Internationally than in US, the big international countries are

UK, France, Germany, Austrailia, Japan, South Korea

It wont do well in UK, no idea about France or Germany though

Because i really want it to do well but im just not too sure, it could go either way itll either flop like Speed Racer or just do bad like Video Game Adaptions.

It wont do bad or good, just alright and do aswell as Forbidden Kingdom which did alright i suppose.

Or could do well for a 1st movie and have success around X-men 1 or Fantastic Four 1.

Fox were planning a trilogy and it wont happen if this flops so really how do you think this is gonna do?

i really want it to do well too, most of us do. if the trailers show its as great as i hope its going to be, i wouldn´t be that much surprised if it got transformers numbers. but the movie has to be extremely good, seriously good, and promotion even better
it could flop badly too, not as bad as speed racer though
at this point, its impossible to predict, in my opinion
i just hope for the best, but it could very well go the other way

Well i expect it to do better Internationally than in US, the big international countries are

UK, France, Germany, Austrailia, Japan, South Korea

It wont do well in UK, no idea about France or Germany though

not many db fans in the uk??

i can see it definitely making it's budget plus more. there should be enough db fans to support that happening

Not really, they dont even release the DVDS here, they have the games its just not popular.

The show did air here but we only got the Oceon dub and its an awful dub, most people here dont know about it, anime was never popular here except Pokemon

Which is a shame because 90% of American blockbusters make most money in UK internationally

I hope the movie does at least 175 million in the U.S and 300 million plus world wide...Then after DVD sales...This movie should do real well

My aim of hope is for the film to make $300 mil worldwide but cant see it. How many movies with with fighting have made more than $300 mil worldwide just the Matrix films and the success wasnt from the fighting but many things.

Mortal Kombat made like $150 mil worldwide and thats the highest for a martial arts movie

Not really, they dont even release the DVDS here, they have the games its just not popular.

The show did air here but we only got the Oceon dub and its an awful dub, most people here dont know about it, anime was never popular here except Pokemon

really? that's a bummer. where-abouts are you from, if you dont mind me asking?

I hope the movie does at least 175 million in the U.S and 300 million plus world wide...Then after DVD sales...This movie should do real well

i think dvd sales are where it's at lately. most decent movies make their money this way, dont they?

My aim of hope is for the film to make $300 mil worldwide but cant see it. How many movies with with fighting have made more than $300 mil worldwide just the Matrix films and the success wasnt from the fighting but many things.

Mortal Kombat made like $150 mil worldwide and thats the highest for a martial arts movie

i would think and hope that it could do better numbers than Mortal Kombat

I thought we weren't supposed to make a box office thread?

CMill closed the previous threads of this nature which were to be opened after a trailer is released, I think I shall follow his lead here. I'm going to close this until a trailer comes, and when it does I will open it back up and add a poll as well

From Lobo in this thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=299888

Which is a shame because 90% of American blockbusters make most money in UK internationally

it is a shame, but i still think this movie might be appealing to the general public (if its not just another simple fighting movie, which it shouldn´t be), so even if there aren´t much fans in uk, if the movie is really good, it could still do well over there
i expect most of the success to come from non fans, if only fans go to see it, we are screwed

why do people keep comparing this to mortal kombat?? mk is a video game, with no story, same as street fighter. nothing to do with dragonball. the closest thing to compare this movie to would be other superhero movies that come from comics, cartoons

Im from Birmingham UK.

DVD sales do make a big difference studios get pack 70% of the DVD Revenue where they get 50% back from Theatre Revenue.

This really isnt a box office thread just wether you think its gonna be a success or not.

why do people keep comparing this to mortal kombat?? mk is a video game, with no story, same as street fighter. nothing to do with dragonball. the closest thing to compare this movie to would be other superhero movies that come from comics, cartoons

Because there similar both are based off of something that was popular in US and Japan, both are about unique fighters participating in a Tournament. And both have supernatural things to it like the Dragonballs, the Dragon, Piccolo and Raiden (A god), Goro and other stuff.

Dragonball is more like MK than Spiderman or Batman.

I think fox will more than likely market this as an adventure superhero action movie worldwide which could appeal to audiences.

Because there similar both are based off of something that was popular in US and Japan, both are about unique fighters participating in a Tournament. And both have supernatural things to it like the Dragonballs, the Dragon, Piccolo and Raiden (A god), Goro and other stuff.

Dragonball is more like MK than Spiderman or Batman.

i disagree
dragonball: story of an alien sent as a baby to earth, when his planet is about to explode (that sounds a lot like superman), then it differs, the alien was sent to conquer earth, and becomes its greatest hero (again like superman) spiderman, batman, etc also become earths heroes
this movie won´t be about a tournament, it will be about saving earth from the incarnation of evil (piccolo), and the story of goku and the dragonballs, thats a superhero movie
superman, spiderman are supernatural as well, not at the level of dragonball but still supernatural

mortal kombat: story??? bunch of fighters, fighting in a tournament?

i disagree
dragonball: story of an alien sent as a baby to earth, when his planet is about to explode (that sounds a lot like superman), then it differs, the alien was sent to conquer earth, and becomes its greatest hero (again like superman) spiderman, batman, etc also become earths heroes
this movie won´t be about a tournament, it will be about saving earth from the incarnation of evil (piccolo), and the story of goku and the dragonballs, thats a superhero movie
superman, spiderman are supernatural as well, not at the level of dragonball but still supernatural

mortal kombat: story??? bunch of fighters, fighting in a tournament?

But you need to realize that Dragonball movie also has tournament stuff and I bet the tournament scene will be the biggest action scene in the entire movie.

I dont remember MK too well but

Evil supernatural villain Tsung (Piccolo) kills the main characters brother (Gohan)

Lui Kang (Goku) meets up with some other characters including Johnny Cage (Yamcha) and Sonya (Bulma).

Along the way they come across Raiden (Kami) who tells the group about Tsung (Piccolo) a old guy (Alien) who wants souls (Dragonballs) to get eternal youth.

All the characters fight in the tounament (tounament) including Goro (Mai lolz) and in the end Lui Kang (Goku) fights Tsung (Piccolo)

At the end of the movie Shao Khan (Vegeta) appears.

End Movie

If it turns out to be a great movie it can do well but no one wants to see a movie that's bad. So it's probably too early to tell.

But you need to realize that Dragonball movie also has tournament stuff and I bet the tournament scene will be the biggest action scene in the entire movie.

yes, but i dont think its going to be the biggest action scene, i don´t think its even going to be very relevant, they probably won´t even use ki in the tournament. in the leaked pictures, the tournament looked like it had a closed ceiling, so they probably won´t even fly either there
im just guessing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"