• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Do you think the Movie will do well?

Dragonball has 70 million fans another stoner Seth Rogan film shouldn't affect it.

Dragonball has 70 million fans another stoner Seth Rogan film shouldn't affect it.

You talk about popularity fading? Dragonball was in its prime back when I was in middle-school that's like 7-8 years ago, all of us that grew up on Dragonball are all grown up, now that in direct competition with another "stoner" Seth Rogan comedy since most of these fans overlap. Please stop being delusional about this, I've been one of the most outspoken supporters of the film (or I should say at least give the film a chance) and I'll be the first to admit this does not bode well for the film.

The fanbase hasnt gone down much the show ended in 2005 or 2006. And theres been games and dvds that have been selling in the millions.

It wont flop the minimum itll do is $80 million which is what another average action film by Fox did Jumper. Its budget is $100 million, and internationally nobody cares about Hannah Montana or Seth Rogan.

You talk about popularity fading? Dragonball was in its prime back when I was in middle-school that's like 7-8 years ago, all of us that grew up on Dragonball are all grown up, now that in direct competition with another "stoner" Seth Rogan comedy since most of these fans overlap. Please stop being delusional about this, I've been one of the most outspoken supporters of the film (or I should say at least give the film a chance) and I'll be the first to admit this does not bode well for the film.

Exactly! I remember it well. I was starting high school and that's when DBZ was at its greatest. Now...no one really gives a **** anymore.

Exactly! I remember it well. I was starting high school and that's when DBZ was at its greatest. Now...no one really gives a **** anymore.

Yeah star trek`s first movie did real well even though it came out years after the series and the peak of popularity.

And transformers peak was in the 80s and the movie last year didn`t suffer nay from the two decade wait.

Yeah star trek`s first movie did real well even though it came out years after the series and the peak of popularity.

And transformers peak was in the 80s and the movie last year didn`t suffer nay from the two decade wait.

Well actually, Transformers' first film came out back in 1986, and since then there have been various series and different incarnations, the popularity in the US died down shortly after Beast Wars, but in Japan the series was still going strong.

Well actually, Transformers' first film came out back in 1986, and since then there have been various series and different incarnations, the popularity in the US died down shortly after Beast Wars, but in Japan the series was still going strong.

Yeah but my point is the main surge of popularity was in the 80s. That was when the series was massive all over the world.

Transformers may have been going strong in Japan but it didnt do so great there.

DBZ is still very popular though.

Well no but thats because it ended, DBZ lasted till early 2004 i think, the GT was on for a year or 2.

Then this was when the games on PS2 were coming around.

Then all the remastered boxsets which are the top selling anime titles (outside of gothan knight) and theyve been selling in the millions.

Youtube came about and all videos on there for people to see.

Then talk of the movie began that got people talking.

Im not sure how big it still is in Japan though.

Im not sure how big it still is in Japan though.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/DS+news/news.asp?c=9126http://forums.superherohype.com/Im not sure how big it still is in Japan though.

The DS had an impressive week for software sales in Japan this week, with DS titles taking the top three chart slots according to latest figures from Media Create.

It's Pokémon Platinum which remains at the top of the chart. After selling 963,000 copies after just two days on sale last week, the game is still proving popular with the Pokeball-wielding public, snatching up a further 315,000 copies.

Places number two and three are taken, respectively, by the newly released Dragonball DS (72,000 copies) and Rhythm Tengoku Gold (63,000). A fourth DS title, Quiz Magic Academy, makes it into fifth position with 29,000 sales.

Thats really good for a Dragonball DS game, Burst Limit on PS3 opened to 85,000 copies i believe.

Thats very good for Dragonball DS though it does look like a great game.

And according to vgchartz it actually sold 80,000 so thats even better.

Wonder how well itll do in US and Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"