Do you think WB is looking to take Batman in a different direction?

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by lordofthenerds, Jul 23, 2012.

1. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

It actually might work and be pretty different for a Batman movie, but im not usually into those kind of villains for Bats. It reminds me of Spideys villains, only darker. But i guess the genre they would be working in could be pretty neat visually.

Im positive we wouldnt see something like that for a long while though.

2. The Crimson Man

I, too, would prefer this. I prefer Batman when he is on his own, which allows for him to be dark, quiet, scary, etc. Unfortunately that Batman couldn't be done for the Justice League, because interaction with Supes and the rest is so important. Sure, he would kind of be a loner type, but interaction is still crucial. Having dark Batman go to team Batman all of a sudden would seem strange.

3. Bigjxxx

Bigjxxx Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it can. That is if you have two or three movies exploring Batman's inner darkness and processing to team Batman. What I mean is having Robin's introduction in the second or third movie change batman into a team Batman.

4. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

A Batman that is - dark, quiet, scary, hardly speaks, and angry looking. Will help a lot to de-popularize him and bring his popularity to the level of Punisher and Judge Dredd.

Way to go after becoming popular in TDK trilogy.

Edit: How many comic book characters have benefited by looking angry, quiet, scary are Punisher, Hulk, Judge Dredd and Wolverine billion dollar franchises ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. Bigjxxx

You must be a strong Nolanite. I guess You forgot about the silent dark Batman from Burton's first movie. My vision of Batman is based the very early, pre-Robin Batman of Kane and Robinson.

6. shauner111

The next Batman needs to be dark and a serious narrative just like Nolans but Gotham needs to look different. And he needs to be quiet. Barely saying a word, ever.

The action scenes need to be more "fun". Im sure they'll be in 3D unless they hire a director who is really against that idea.

The differences will be the more comic-booky action scenes, the look of the city and the accuracy of each character, as they are in the comics. But they should still strive for hiring actors who aren't going to ham it up. The writing has to stay serious and the tone needs to be dark.

7. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

I think it should be more hyper-realistic dark. Similar to the AA games in a sense. Keep it a hard PG-13 as that series is, but still fantastical enough to sell toys. :o

8. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Yes I hope they keep Batman as mature as he can get. Even if it meant going rated R. Would that limit his popularity? sure. But I care more about masterpieces then a popularity contest. If you must go light no lighter than Arkham city

9. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Absolutely no way they will make an R-rated Batman film.

10. Bigjxxx

Amen to that. Nolan never delivered Gotham City. My Gotham City is full of art deco and darkness with a Blood Red sky.

11. shauner111

I loved Nolans Gotham for what it was, but the reboot needs to turn the other way.

A blood red sky is a bit much.

12. Bigjxxx

It worked for Matt Wagner's Gotham City and Bruce Timm's Gotham.

13. shauner111

Yeah but i dont see it happening in live-action.