Do you think WB is looking to take Batman in a different direction?

I think Hugo Strange, with or without Monster Men, is a great character with loads of potential for cinematic interpretation. Ideally, he'd be in the first film of the reboot for me. It'd be a nice homage to him being the first villain introduced in the Batman comics too.

ManBat? Croc? Not really feeling those villains. I don't want fantasy just for sake of fantasy. I think those type of villains aren't that popular for a reason. I'm not really even sure about Clayface...I suppose I wouldn't mind Mr. Freeze.

However, I'd still like to see The Penguin, Riddler revisited and introduce Mad Hatter, the Ventriloquist, Deadshot, or Hugo Strange.

Focus more on the psychological mindset of the villains (similar to what Nolan did with the Joker) while creating a film noirish gothic Gotham City backdrop. Use more creative license to dwell into Bruce's and villain's psyche (create nightmare scenarios as opposed to introducing magic into Gotham)
There are ways to do every villain and keep it from getting goofy. I fully agree that going over the top with some of these characters isn't the way to go.

Clayface - A master of disguise. Closer to Darkman and less about the big clay monster. It could make for a great detective movie.

ManBat - Bat DNA to improve human genetics. We get more of a Hulk story but not the monster. More of a Captain America gone wrong. Somthing along the lines of The Fly should be used as a template.

Mr Freeze - More tech battle with Batman and less Mr Clean in a cold suit. Gives a chance to show Batmans toys.

I doubt they'll change up the formula. It's not like TDKR was a failure at the box office, even with the Aurora shootings, which did have an impact on the film's gross (don't deny it). If anything, TDKR proved that it didn't have to be a family film with multiple heroes just to make serious bank. So why change what isn't broken?

A new director will have his or her own vision.

I think Hugo Strange, with or without Monster Men, is a great character with loads of potential for cinematic interpretation. Ideally, he'd be in the first film of the reboot for me. It'd be a nice homage to him being the first villain introduced in the Batman comics too.
I really dont mind Strange at all, but ill bet everything that i have that he won't be in the first couple of movies. Warner Brothers will most likely dictate who the main villain is for at least 1 to 2 movies..because it's no longer Chris Nolan. The new guy will have to win them over like Nolan did. Even Batman Begins, im sure they pushed for Scarecrow and got it. Thankfully it was meant to be and it worked within the story.

But Riddler and Penguin will be the studios first villains they'll want to tackle. And i wouldnt blame a writer/director if they actually suggested them anyway. They're iconic and need to be done justice.

I think Harley is due for her big-screen debut.

A more physical Batman please! Arkham City style!

more physical than Begins Batman will be hard to find unless you want a crap actor. there's usually always a sacrifice that has to be made with live-action.

I'd love Karl Urban as Bats. He definitely does a better threatening voice than Bale.

Its not a casting thread.

But I can't quite wrap my head around how more action would equal a crap actor? I quite think that the physicality of Batman in a movie would have more to do with the screenplay than the actor. Of course, the actor should look good kicking ass but that doesn't equate to an out and out action star. RDJ and Anne Hathaway are good examples.

I wasn't trying to make it a casting thread; I was just commenting on the post above me, jeez.

And while I wholeheartedly agree that an action-star is not needed, I would argue that Hathaway is a terrible example to give in order to illustrate that principle.

more physical than Begins Batman will be hard to find unless you want a crap actor. there's usually always a sacrifice that has to be made with live-action.

That's what stuntmen and special effects are for.

I wasn't trying to make it a casting thread; I was just commenting on the post above me, jeez.

And while I wholeheartedly agree that an action-star is not needed, I would argue that Hathaway is a terrible example to give in order to illustrate that principle.

It wasn't directed at you. More of a self note.

Well, I don't think Hathaway is that bad an example... the point here being she is a very good actor in non-action roles (Devil Wears Prada) and looked at home as Catwoman and kicked some ass.

That's what stuntmen and special effects are for.
Yes, but when he's standing there or having a conversation? Getting an actor who had a bigger build or more physical than Bale in Begins while getting all the aspects of the character down as an actor is gonna be a real challenge. Doubt it will happen.

I dont mind special effects, etc...but Batman will have scenes where he's clearly visible and the actors build is what counts. I have no interest in seeing some full-on special effects driven Batman at all times. If he's going to be physical, the actor needs to look physical so i believe it. Otherwise ill turn on a Hulk movie (actually i wouldnt do that).

My Batman series would be darker and have a horror tone. My Batman would be mostly dark, silent, hardly speaks, and angry looking. His costume would be based on Bob Kane's original suit. My villains would be the Vampire Monk from Detective 31-32, Hugo Strange and his mutants, Man-Bat, and a Killer Croc from Train to Wet Dark. I would add a more romantic and seemingly happier Bruce Wayne oppose to the whiny Nolan Version with Julie Madison as his fiancé.

My Batman series would be darker and have a horror tone. My Batman would be mostly dark, silent, hardly speaks, and angry looking. His costume would be based on Bob Kane's original suit. My villains would be the Vampire Monk from Detective 31-32, Hugo Strange and his mutants, Man-Bat, and a Killer Croc from Train to Wet Dark. I would add a more romantic and seemingly happier Bruce Wayne oppose to the whiny Nolan Version with Julie Madison as his fiancé.

Good luck with that!

So, a male version of Underworld?

I like that. But the rest of it isn't my cup of tea really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"